Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Lol! Well D had to put forward a balanced argument in there, Trishy. And she made some valid points. Then she sat on the fence!  Mary, don't sit there too long, it says "Wet Paint" on the other side! Or you might get a splinter in your a$$.... :D :D

Lol! Well D had to put forward a balanced argument in there, Trishy. And she made some valid points. Then she say on the fence!  Mary, don't sit there too long, it says "Wet Paint" on the other side! Or you might get a splinter in your a$$.... :D :D

😂😂.. It's a typical D answer, gotta love her right English 😉

Trishy, that is 10mg Valium! Did you really cut that much? G 💟

Yes, I did English my then Dr wanted me to cut half a milligram every two weeks.. I couldn't do it, even ended up in the psyche ward for half a night. I was in very bad shape from what I did.

So in other words I cut a half a milligram of Xanax in 20 days..  :o

Mercy, Trishy, that scares me just thinking about it.  I see signatures on here that scare me to death and I have no idea how to help.

Maybe we need to rename it, so,people know that they can hold and taper as they need.  What do you think Intend?  Talk to Stut, get her opinion?

Lol! Well D had to put forward a balanced argument in there, Trishy. And she made some valid points. Then she sat on the fence!  Mary, don't sit there too long, it says "Wet Paint" on the other side! Or you might get a splinter in your a$$.... :D :D

Ouch, and crap.....I got a sticker in my a$$ and paint on my pants :laugh:

Mercy, Trishy, that scares me just thinking about it.  I see signatures on here that scare me to death and I have no idea how to help.

Maybe we need to rename it, so,people know that they can hold and taper as they need.  What do you think Intend?  Talk to Stut, get her opinion?

It really F'cked me up in more ways than one. I felt like my nervous system had been electrocuted. I had these inner shakes that I can't even explain and a laundry list of sxs way too numerous to list them all, but nothing you probably haven't read or heard about.. But it was extreme. I'm traumatized by it and I live in fear it'll happen again. I don't trust Drs ever since that happened. My Dr was in trouble and I was the victim.

I could be unstable myself.

I have so many symptoms from all these switches that I’m dragging along with me as I taper. I’m not going fast or big as I explained earlier or yesterday or the day before that. WHENEVER!

It’s hard to tell when things settle down for me because some sx will probably be with me if I ever get off this shi..

I’m hoping to still have my brain 🧠 (gads, that a horrible emoji) IF I get off.

What I’m trying to say is that I hope my brain works ok, but I’ll bevleft with other sx like this parastesia that causes this feeling of burning skin. Lots of people get that, but it does often take awhile to come back to normal.

And when I think I didn’t even have this before, I get super annoyed to put it mildly. But you can not be switched here and there w/o getting this I guess. Maddening to the max. It’s the nerves in the extremities being hyper excited. Realizing this does not make it feel better.

Did the paint spell out on your ass " screwed by benzos" 😂😂

I have pants that say " Holding" on my ass🤣🤣

Aw, poor Mary!  :-\

Trishy, you will definitely live to tell the tale, but I'm a bit concerned about you. It's taken me years to do that. But everyone is different and I'm on a heap of other crap. So I think that's why I'm like a tortoise.....    🐢....  Gilly 💟💟💟

It really F'cked me up in more ways than one. I felt like my nervous system had been electrocuted. I had these inner shakes that I can't even explain and a laundry list of sxs way too numerous to list them all, but nothing you probably haven't read or heard about.. But it was extreme. I'm traumatized by it and I live in fear it'll happen again. I don't trust Drs ever since that happened. My Dr was in trouble and I was the victim.

See, you needed to hold for 6 months, you were in horrible shape.  That's why I am stuck.  The longest I held was 40 days, then I updose just a little over a mg, held again a couple weeks and started a dlmt, that's short version, but I have never held real long.  I just have always felt right here. ;)

Aw, poor Mary!  :-\

Trishy, you will definitely live to tell the tale, but I'm a bit concerned about you. It's taken me years to do that. But everyone is different and I'm on a heap of other crap. So I think that's why I'm like a tortoise.....    🐢....  Gilly 💟💟💟

English, I'm now down .75 mgs in less than a year, so almost down a full milligram. I started my taper may 24 the of last year forced by a Dr to do it his way. Long story short my daughter in law hooked me up with the Dr she was working for and he had nothing but pity for me and took me as his patient. I'm grateful for that, don't know what would have happened if that Dr didn't help me.

It might have, I can't see my ass :P :P

I have pants that say " Holding" on my ass🤣🤣

:laugh: :laugh: :smitten:

See, you needed to hold for 6 months, you were in horrible shape.  That's why I am stuck.  The longest I held was 40 days, then I updose just a little over a mg, held again a couple weeks and started a dlmt, that's short version, but I have never held real long.  I just have always felt right here. ;)

Yeah D after that experience I didn't even want to hear the word taper. So that's how I came to the LHSG I stumbled in here a complete mess and Stut mainly too me under her wing. Others here too, but I leaned heavily on her

F*ck, Trishy, I thought you were saying you'd done that now! Oh, thank God! I was scared to death for you! I'm so relieved! Please excuse my benzo brain, it's not good right now.....G 💟💟💟

So, what should we do?  Esperanza, are you reading?

Intend, English, Trishy, maybe our name is scaring people. 

I have so many symptoms from all these switches that I’m dragging along with me as I taper. I’m not going fast or big as I explained earlier or yesterday or the day before that. WHENEVER!

It’s hard to tell when things settle down for me because some sx will probably be with me if I ever get off this shi..

What I’m trying to say is that I hope my brain works ok, but I’ll bevleft with other sx like this parastesia that causes this feeling of burning skin. Lots of people get that, but it does often take awhile to come back to normal.

And when I think I didn’t even have this before, I get super annoyed to put it mildly. But you can not be switched here and there w/o getting this I guess. Maddening to the max. It’s the nerves in the extremities being hyper excited. Realizing this does not make it feel better.

Intend I'm terrified I'll never be what I was brain wise before the taper. I don't think I'll fully recover what was lost and that scares me the most

You all missed this post.

As far as Stut and my opinion, I’m not sure we can change the name of this support Group. Stut may not like that. It been the LHSG for ages.

So, what should we do?  Esperanza, are you reading?

Intend, English, Trishy, maybe our name is scaring people.

Do you have any ideas? What should we rename it? Take a breaker and stop your taper? 😂

Nobody could make all those changes without issues but there is nothing wrong with your brain, you maybe having other sxs but you are amazing in all you do. 

Intend I'm terrified I'll never be what I was brain wise before the taper. I don't think I'll fully recover what was lost and that scares me the most

And there's nothing wrong with yours either that isn't going to heal

I talk to you both everyday, I would notice if there was an issue.  I know we all have sxs but I am confident our brains are fine.....English, Esperanza, I am talking to you too!

I am at the same level as Trishy. At least I think it is close. A little more than 2/3 off since last April. But I have never felt well. I first held for 2 months. My second hold was 5,but I updose two months into it, so that made it only 3 months. I am so afraid of what will happen after I am off. But I can’t stand where I am now, so I am tapering, unless it gets worse. That would make me off by end of summer, early fall. And I am left with the prozac to deal with. Mary, so great you can exercise. Intend, you sound a little better than last week. I hope Cathy is settling down a bit. Hang in, Gilly, the sun will come back out. I am going away with the family until Sunday. I may or may not have internet. If so, I will check in. Hope I am up to it, at least a little. Love, Esperanza

[8e...]