Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey intend, Rich is coughing too, he has a horrible cold and here's got COPD as well. I always worry when he gets a cold because of that. I also told him that I'll kill him if he gives it to me, can't imagine coughing when my head hurts daily.

Glad you had a nice time out with Mary.

Hope Rich feels better soon  ;)

And now I’m going to hurry up and get ready for that trip to the store.

Should pay the utility bills and do regular grocery shopping 🛒 but don’t want to. Maybe save that for tomorrow or Wednesday. 🍊🍎🥒🍅

Don't forget the beans for Dan!  :laugh:

Trish,

We both like them; it notbjust Dan. His mom taught me all this Mexican food, and you name it, I can cook it. But I’ll tell you, it’s a ton of work.

I remember telling Dan years ago ago, “how do these Mexicans do this all day?” They had to because they had to make the best of what they had. So the women would cook Spanish rice, chili verde, chili Colorado, enchiladas. pollo asado, and some really weird stuff like lambs head, cows tongue, and menudo.

Those last 3 are tons of work and the lambs  head is a little scary. Viola bought Dan one for him, and he chased me through the house with it years ago. And viola bought the ingredients to make menudo which is cows stomach (tripe) and hominy with thin chili Colorado topped with chopped onions.

And the cows tongue is a huge tongue put in a big pot and spiced up with salt, pepper, and I can’t remember what else because I’ll probably never make one again. I watched viola make the menudo, and she gagged as you have to scrape the tripe and then cut it up. Not fun. It comes in cans everywhere here, and it’s like $5 for a small can. Someone’s making $ off that.

Dinner anyone?

Well if I ever need to lose a little weight  all I have to do is read this post 😂😂

I really needed that story tonight intend, soon as I read the part about Dan chasing you around the house with the cows head I literally laughed out loud 🤣🤣

I can't imagine cooking all that food, I'm not that good of a cook but I can sure roast the hell out of a piece of meat and make some good gravy with it.  ;D

Chef intend👩‍🍳 our little Mexican anchalada! :laugh: :laugh:

You rock woman! Dan's a lucky guy 😉

And now I’m going to hurry up and get ready for that trip to the store.

Should pay the utility bills and do regular grocery shopping 🛒 but don’t want to. Maybe save that for tomorrow or Wednesday. 🍊🍎🥒🍅

Don't forget the beans for Dan!  :laugh:

Trish,

We both like them; it notbjust Dan. His mom taught me all this Mexican food, and you name it, I can cook it. But I’ll tell you, it’s a ton of work.

I remember telling Dan years ago ago, “how do these Mexicans do this all day?” They had to because they had to make the best of what they had. So the women would cook Spanish rice, chili verde, chili Colorado, enchiladas. pollo asado, and some really weird stuff like lambs head, cows tongue, and menudo.

Those last 3 are tons of work and the lambs  head is a little scary. Viola bought Dan one for him, and he chased me through the house with it years ago. And viola bought the ingredients to make menudo which is cows stomach (tripe) and hominy with thin chili Colorado topped with chopped onions.

And the cows tongue is a huge tongue put in a big pot and spiced up with salt, pepper, and I can’t remember what else because I’ll probably never make one again. I watched viola make the menudo, and she gagged as you have to scrape the tripe and then cut it up. Not fun. It comes in cans everywhere here, and it’s like $5 for a small can. Someone’s making $ off that.

Dinner anyone?

Well if I ever need to lose a little weight  all I have to do is read this post 😂😂

I really needed that story tonight intend, soon as I read the part about Dan chasing you around the house with the cows head I literally laughed out loud 🤣🤣

I can't imagine cooking all that food, I'm not that good of a cook but I can sure roast the hell out of a piece of meat and make some good gravy with it.  ;D

Chef intend👩‍🍳 our little Mexican anchalada! :laugh: :laugh:

You rock woman! Dan's a lucky guy 😉

Yes, I think I could loose some weight on the tongue diet myself  :laugh: :laugh: :D

A 4,000 sq ft house, how in the hell do you keep it clean :idiot::crazy:  :smitten:

I meant lambs head intend not cows in my last post!! That is funny as hell , Dan chasing you with the lambs head :laugh: :laugh:

Intend, In my county of Lancashire, the towns were industrial. The mill owners were rich but the workers were not. Funnily enough, they also ate tripe and tongue! Seems that people knew how to make the little bit of money last, here and in Mexico. I remember my Dad eating Honeycomb tripe with vinegar. I think that tradition is dying now.  Love, Gilly 💟💟💟

Yes, do tell us intend how do you keep all that house clean, I'd need a cleaning woman to come in. My house is small about 1600 square ft and I find this a bit much at times and it's just me and Rich.

Intend, In my county of Lancashire, the towns were industrial. The mill owners were rich but the workers were not. Funnily enough, they also ate tripe and tongue! Seems that people knew how to make the little bit of money last, here and in Mexico. I remember my Dad eating Honeycomb tripe with vinegar. I think that tradition is dying now.  Love, Gilly 💟💟💟

What's tripe

Mary, we don’t got no tripe in our neck of the woods. I am skinny as a rail and am hypothyroid, Hashimotos. Was diagnosed after using benzo a few years. Not uncommon. Just one more thing. E

Morning everyone, just got through  having a bite to eat, had early Dr app, don't have to go back for 3 months.  She is always pleased with my progress and we told her about our plan for trying to get more windows, she of course, doesn't know anything about benzo, but was all for it :laugh:  in that regard , I am lucky, she cares and she trusts me.

I hope you all are having a good morning, love you much.  🌷🍀💐🌼🌻🌹.      🐕🦉🐉🐉🐉🐉

Mary

Snowflake, did you have something you wanted to talk about?  We are here if you do.  We will always try our best :D:smitten:  Mary

Snowflake has been here before on March 4th. I looked at her posts this morning while I was all by myself looking here. 💦 Its lonely here in the mornings sometimes.

It really is, why do you think we are down to so few people?  Have you ever seen it like this before?

Mary, I haven’t seen it this low before, but I never used to pay much attention to this group. I was doing ok on the Actavis Clonazepam and stop posting anywhere. Then almost 2 years ago, I was looking for low cost housing for Cathy, and saw a list of nonprofits on some site as I wandered around the internet. I think it was looking in midvale for low cost housing, and I ran across the list of all these non profits in midvale. There are several non profits in midvale like the road home shelter, and the family support center. And then I saw the BIC listed. And I thought what the hell is this? So on my way home from the pdocs office, I searched for the BIC office which has its mailing address there. But it said suite # whatever, so I looked for it and couldn’t find it.

So I started posting again on

Chewing the Fat as in “does this place really exist?” And there were all these replies, so it got me posting again. I looked for the KKKlub #1, and it was a shadow of its former self, and then I barged in here, and the LHSG seemed super busy. But valley um was here, and then he got done and was off.

Maybe it’s the nature of support groups to have a bunch of people get off around the same time and then the group sort of dwindles down. It did with the KKKlub #1, and I kind of revived it way back.

But then magrita started it anew because it was so long with too many pages. When I came here, it was going like blazing saddles, but it might get split also at some point. And then those that are almost off or off either stick around to help others or they move on.

Just the nature of life might be a better way to put it. “Everything changes” by Pat Benator, Harry Dean Stanton, Antonio Banderas, Eve Ensler to name a few.

Hey English! Blackpool Betty here! Did you get the mother's day virtual flowers I sent you! :laugh:

D, I think tripe is the stuff on the cows tongue🤮

Hope you're feeling better my favorite Brit 😘

Gilly,

Yep. They had to made do with what they had. Oy vey, that tripe.

Mary, we don’t got no tripe in our neck of the woods. I am skinny as a rail and am hypothyroid, Hashimotos. Was diagnosed after using benzo a few years. Not uncommon. Just one more thing. E

Hey E, nice to see you here Kentucky Derby.

So the benzo caused the hashimoto's? What don't these damn drugs cause..uhggg

I meant lambs head intend not cows in my last post!! That is funny as hell , Dan chasing you with the lambs head :laugh: :laugh:

Oh he chased me, and I screamed cause I could scream in those days. And Arthur walked through and told Dan, “you’re nuts man.” And then Arthur said, “where’s mine? I want one too. “

And Dan ate that like it was his last meal. Well, he hasn’t had one since so it was his last lambs head.

I’m not cooking one. No way Jose!

I could stand to loose a little weight, not much, but I get so bored , I eat, at the begood, I had benzo belly so bad, I lost like 9 lbs.  That's how I realized I had to come off benzo's.  I was in agony

Morning everyone, just got through  having a bite to eat, had early Dr app, don't have to go back for 3 months.  She is always pleased with my progress and we told her about our plan for trying to get more windows, she of course, doesn't know anything about benzo, but was all for it :laugh:  in that regard , I am lucky, she cares and she trusts me.

I hope you all are having a good morning, love you much.  🌷🍀💐🌼🌻🌹.      🐕🦉🐉🐉🐉🐉

Mary

Snowflake, did you have something you wanted to talk about?  We are here if you do.  We will always try our best :D:smitten:  Mary

Snowflake has been here before on March 4th. I looked at her posts this morning while I was all by myself looking here. 💦 Its lonely here in the mornings sometimes.

It really is, why do you think we are down to so few people?  Have you ever seen it like this before?

Mary, I haven’t seen it this low before, but I never used to pay much attention to this group. I was doing ok on the Actavis Clonazepam and stop posting anywhere. Then almost 2 years ago, I was looking for low cost housing for Cathy, and saw a list of nonprofits on some site as I wandered around the internet. I think it was looking in midvale for low cost housing, and I ran across the list of all these non profits in midvale. There are several non profits in midvale like the road home shelter, and the family support center. And then I saw the BIC listed. And I thought what the hell is this? So on my way home from the pdocs office, I searched for the BIC office which has its mailing address there. But it said suite # whatever, so I looked for it and couldn’t find it.

So I started posting again on

Chewing the Fat as in “does this place really exist?” And there were all these replies, so it got me posting again. I looked for the KKKlub #1, and it was a shadow of its former self, and then I barged in here, and the LHSG seemed super busy. But valley um was here, and then he got done and was off.

Maybe it’s the nature of support groups to have a bunch of people get off around the same time and then the group sort of dwindles down. It did with the KKKlub #1, and I kind of revived it way back.

But then magrita started it anew because it was so long with too many pages. When I came here, it was going like blazing saddles, but it might get split also at some point. And then those that are almost off or off either stick around to help others or they move on.

Just the nature of life might be a better way to put it. “Everything changes” by Pat Benator, Harry Dean Stanton, Antonio Banderas, Eve Ensler to name a few.

I know, but I don't  like it >:(  :(

Yes, do tell us intend how do you keep all that house clean, I'd need a cleaning woman to come in. My house is small about 1600 square ft and I find this a bit much at times and it's just me and Rich.

Dan cleans. Not me. I’m the bill payer and the strategizer. And he knows the benzo affects me. He helps a lot. He’s a good guy. If we sell, the house will much smaller. Just keeping this house going costs a small fortune with property taxes and water for the yard.

There are many things not associated with Benzos, happiness, health, good eyesight, peace, hope...E

And real friends  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I could stand to loose a little weight, not much, but I get so bored , I eat, at the begood, I had benzo belly so bad, I lost like 9 lbs.  That's how I realized I had to come off benzo's.  I was in agony

D, I had horrible stomach pain and my gastro Dr couldn't find an answer for it, he diagnosed me with gastric dyspepsia.. Horrible, horrible pain too.. I bet now thinking back it was my xanax doing it  >:(you

There are many things not associated with Benzos, happiness, health, good eyesight, peace, hope...E

Amen 🙏..

D, I had horrible stomach pain and my gastro Dr couldn't find an answer for it, he diagnosed me with gastric dyspepsia.. Horrible, horrible pain too.. I bet now thinking back it was my xanax doing it  >:(you

I had all those tests too, stuck my med list in his face, found nothing.  A few days later, Tim accidentally stumbled on an article about benzo's and stomach pain.  Dr's have no clue, that's the reason I am tapering.  Otherwise, I would probably still be taking them.  Some people take them their whole lives, have no issues  :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Yes, the only good thing it ever got me, cuz. Have any of you all made a list of all the things that you used to enjoy that are now missing from your life? I was so slowly losing things over the years, that I didn’t notice. Until almost nothing was left of the person I was. I have come to the place where I finally see it all. I wish someone would make a movie about us. We are people and we have been hurt for profit. We aren’t kooks or outliers. B.B. is but a fraction of us. I think Sally Field can play me. E

Well my friend's I have to get to bed. I have to get up and go to work in the morning.

Good night lovely ladies.

I love you all,

Stay close.. We need to keep our group going for us, we who need one another to get through this nightmare ❤️

For me esperanza, I’m sure it’s the benzo as far as being hypothyroid. Throws off everything. Like this parastestia I have.

It’s not neuropathy, but imitates that.

But good friends like you ladies are not associated with benzos other than we are all here at this time.

But you are my great friends. 💚💛🧡❤️💜💙 as both you say esperanza and Mary too.

Well, Trish and Gilly are included, cause you are all great friends to have at this point in my life.

We should do what I won’t say we should do. And now I must stop. Got to get to that grocery store. But food first. We have leftovers thanks goodness.

And perfect timing it looks like. Good grief, you are all on the east coast and need to settle down, and it’s still light here. Well, Mary’s on central time as Texas has 2 time zones; my time and central time. I know the time zone of lots of people here on BB.

Not a great accomplishment, but not nothing either. Off for food and the store.

Good night LHSG! 💝💟💗💓💞

Ok my lovely ladies, I am off to get ready for bed.  I love you all.  Sleep well , Mary  :smitten: :smitten: :mybuddy: :mybuddy:

[94...]