Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Morning D and everyone.. Didn't even sign out last night and what a night it was! I was at the emergency room with low BP and heart rate. My BP was 96/53 and my heart rate was 48.. I am terrified. I have been getting light headed but was trying to ignore it.. Don't want to deal with this.. Can't mentally deal with this. I'm in a bad place. I'm home from work today. 😢

I'm so sorry Trishy, the ER didn't keep you, so what did they say or do?  You've got to try really hard to manage your anxiety.  Are you going to see you Dr today?  Now remember all the research your sister did, and how all this has shown up before and the Dr said you have a very strong heart.  We love you, keep us posted and try to relax , Mary 💙💛💞❣️💜.          🙏🙏🙏

Hello . Hope everyone is doing better .

For me : the anxiety is not getting any better .. just getting worse and worse .

I wish I knew something about Prozac, are you holding or still trying to taper?  Hope you get some relief soon.  Have you read Bob7 's thread on buspar?  I would recommend it, it might give you some ideas.  Love, Mary 🙏💜☮️🙏💜☮️

My problem isn't prozac anymore , it's " lysanxia "( a benzo ) as it's mentionned in my signature . I'm still holding on . No I haven't read that thread and I don't know where to find it . I've heard about buspar , is it ok to take it with a benzo ?

Morning D and everyone.. Didn't even sign out last night and what a night it was! I was at the emergency room with low BP and heart rate. My BP was 96/53 and my heart rate was 48.. I am terrified. I have been getting light headed but was trying to ignore it.. Don't want to deal with this.. Can't mentally deal with this. I'm in a bad place. I'm home from work today. 😢

I'm so sorry Trishy, the ER didn't keep you, so what did they say or do?  You've got to try really hard to manage your anxiety.  Are you going to see you Dr today?  Now remember all the research your sister did, and how all this has shown up before and the Dr said you have a very strong heart.  We love you, keep us posted and try to relax , Mary 💙💛💞❣️💜.          🙏🙏🙏

They are working on getting me the BP monitor that you wear for 24 hrs to a week I think.. but anyway I have orthostatic hypotension for sure which means my BP drops sharply when going from sitting to standing position and also it's dropping for unknown cause. They want me to try to lower my atenelol but that's a catch 22 bc when I lower it my palpitations come back with a vengence so right now I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. One interesting thing I read is that right around age 55 which is what I am but soon to be 56 distolic pressure begins to drop, arteries start to stiffen. Isn't getting older fun!!😜😜😜😜.. So for right now I have to push water which I friggin hate! And increase my salt intake! Ain't like great 🤪

OMG D last night I was light headed and it was almost time to take my atenelol and my heart rate was 48 and BP low that's when I said ok time to go to the ER.. shaking and crying all the way there..

For me : the anxiety is not getting any better .. just getting worse and worse .

I wish I knew something about Prozac, are you holding or still trying to taper?  Hope you get some relief soon.  Have you read Bob7 's thread on buspar?  I would recommend it, it might give you some ideas.  Love, Mary 🙏💜☮️🙏💜☮️

My problem isn't prozac anymore , it's " lysanxia "( a benzo ) as it's mentionned in my signature . I'm still holding on . No I haven't read that thread and I don't know where to find it . I've heard about buspar , is it ok to take it with a benzo ?

I have never heard of that benzo, but let me find Bob's buspar thread for you.  Be right back.

Ok, go to home page under "Other Medications " scroll down looking for My Experience on Buspar, by Bob7.  If you want to read more posts, home page , search, buspar.....good luck  :)

They are working on getting me the BP monitor that you wear for 24 hrs to a week I think.. but anyway I have orthostatic hypotension for sure which means my BP drops sharply when going from sitting to standing position and also it's dropping for unknown cause. They want me to try to lower my atenelol but that's a catch 22 bc when I lower it my palpitations come back with a vengence so right now I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. One interesting thing I read is that right around age 55 which is what I am but soon to be 56 distolic pressure begins to drop, arteries start to stiffen. Isn't getting older fun!!😜😜😜😜.. So for right now I have to push water which I friggin hate! And increase my salt intake! Ain't like great 🤪

Oh that sucks, I'm 63, believe me I know.  I bite my nadolol, it's a 40 mg pill, first I break in two and then I bite 2/3rds off of a half piece.  It was dropping my hr too low too, but like you, my palpitations and shakiness were worse.  Do any of your meds make you nervous? 

Trishy, please keep us posted. So worried about you. Love, Esperanza

Hi E, so I just got back from the cardiologist and in wearing the 24 hr BP cuff.. It's annoying, it pumps up every hour and gives a reading. So far the lowest has been 120/65 and heart rate 51 bpm..😭.. Not too bad but this is so scary..

I have to take a nap, will be back on as soon as I wake up, promise.  Yawning so hard my eyes are watering  :(

Hope you're having sweet dreams D 😴

Trishy, I know it is scary, but fear makes it worse. Try every trick you have to calm yourself. And keep telling yourself they would not have let you go home if it was unsafe. I know, I have learned to distrust doctors, too. But with these situations, they have a better track record. Cardiology is not as soft a science as the issues that got us mistreated by Benzos. Sending my love, Esperanza

Oh that sucks, I'm 63, believe me I know.  I bite my nadolol, it's a 40 mg pill, first I break in two and then I bite 2/3rds off of a half piece.  It was dropping my hr too low too, but like you, my palpitations and shakiness were worse.  Do any of your meds make you nervous?

This whole thing sucks! I only take 2 meds..xanax the poison drug and atenelol that's it. All my blood work is normal. Thyroid is good?? I don't know it's a mystery..I was actually hoping that my blood pressure would go up bc of recent tapering , I figured the lower the dose the higher my pressure might get lol..but that's how my blonde headed brain works :))

Trishy, Hope things go okay. I don't understand everything you mention but I hope you feel better soon.

Love and Hugs.  English xxx 💟💟💟

This whole thing sucks! I only take 2 meds..xanax the poison drug and atenelol that's it. All my blood work is normal. Thyroid is good?? I don't know it's a mystery..I was actually hoping that my blood pressure would go up bc of recent tapering , I figured the lower the dose the higher my pressure might get lol..but that's how my blonde headed brain works :))

That actually is true, your beta blocker and xanax are are combo that lower hr and bp. Go to drugs.com interactions,  and you are still taking over 1 mg of xanax right.  That's not a high dose but it is 20 mg of Valium, so it is still effecting your pressure, but not a lot, I wouldn't think.  So far everything is showing up good on the cuff, thank goodness.  Are you calming down a little?  You know I love you.

That actually is true, your beta blocker and xanax are are combo that lower hr and bp. Go to drugs.com interactions,  and you are still taking over 1 mg of xanax right.  That's not a high dose but it is 20 mg of Valium, so it is still effecting your pressure, but not a lot, I wouldn't think.  So far everything is showing up good on the cuff, thank goodness.  Are you calming down a little?  You know I love you.

I'm pretty calm just worried.. my last reading was 125/72..54 pulse rate so that's good. I'm doing something different today and that's drinking water with a cup of diet cranberry juice in a big water bottle, so I'm mixing the two bci hate water 😝.. They say drink water for low pressure and high blood pressure do maybe it's helping🤞

Yes D I know and I love you too girlfriend ❤️

To E, yes you're right I don't trust Drs they've failed me too many times, but you're right about what you said and I should listen to that wise advice, thank you E❤️

Hey English, thank you as well.. It's ok that you don't understand, it's enough to just know that you're all here, it's a huge comfort to me. I love the bond we all have.. The one positive thing that came out of the benzo nightmare was the blessing of all of you.. Hearts and flowers to all of you🌸🌼💐🌸🌼💐🌸🌼💐🌸🌼💐❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Prozac S, I went back and looked over your signature again, now understanding better, I think. 

May I ask where you are from?  Neither of your benzo's have I heard of before but would be interested.  I think imo, you have just changed the dosages so many times since Nov 2018, and then changed benzo's , that you have your cns and brain trying so hard to stabalize, it's causing the extreme anxiety.  That is what the brain wants, stability, and a lot of sxs are your brain trying to get that stability.  I honestly believe you need to hold.  Don't change anything, dose, meds , anything.  Each time you do, you start the unstability all over again.  You have changed things a lot, believe me, most of us have in one way or another.  You may need to hold awhile, until you feel that anxiety calming down and slowly stabalizing.  While you are holding, you might read up on all the ways to taper.  They are on the home page, read the Ashton manual, which imo, goes too fast, so if you choose that way, start a little slower, don't take any chances, if you do good, you can always speed up.

I wish I could help more, keep me posted on how you are  :). Love, Mary 😘😘😘😘😘

I'm pretty calm just worried.. my last reading was 125/72..54 pulse rate so that's good. I'm doing something different today and that's drinking water with a cup of diet cranberry juice in a big water bottle, so I'm mixing the two bci hate water 😝.. They say drink water for low pressure and high blood pressure do maybe it's helping🤞

To E, yes you're right I don't trust Drs they've failed me too many times, but you're right about what you said and I should listen to that wise advice, thank you E❤️

Hey English, thank you as well.. It's ok that you don't understand, it's enough to just know that you're all here, it's a huge comfort to me. I love the bond we all have.. The one positive thing that came out of the benzo nightmare was the blessing of all of you.. Hearts and flowers to all of you🌸🌼💐🌸🌼💐🌸🌼💐🌸🌼💐❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I drink out of a 33 oz glass, 2/3 of it is water, then I fill the last with unsweetened tea and Diet Cranberry juice :laugh: :laugh:  I hate water too!  Blah.  Glad you've calmed down, best thing for you.  😘😘😘😘😘😘

I drink out of a 33 oz glass, 2/3 of it is water, then I fill the last with unsweetened tea and Diet Cranberry juice :laugh: :laugh:  I hate water too!  Blah.  Glad you've calmed down, best thing for you.  😘😘😘😘😘😘

Lol!! We have the same heart issues, we're almost drinking the same thing now 🤔 maybe you're my twin too!😂😂

😘💞💞💞💞💞💞

Lol!! We have the same heart issues, we're almost drinking the same thing now 🤔 maybe you're my twin too!😂😂

😘💞💞💞💞💞💞

That is funny.  I am glad we are here to support each other......we really need to know it's there for us when we need it.  🤝🤝🤝🤝🤝🤝🤝.  Those are our hands holding on to each other  :smitten: :smitten:

"Would you like Riddle Wednesday?"

" Hell, no! ".    Ha ha ha!  :2funny:

Yeah, Riddle Wednesday! Bring it on while Mary's treadmilling.....

Lol!  English xxx 💟💟💟

[1a...]