Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Can't eat need help bad!

[Na...]

if it truly is doing nothing for you, have you told your prescribing physician? like, why would you take something that isn't benefiting you?

Didn't want to taper benzo and mirtazapine at the same time. New psychiatrist told me to just quit the 22mg of mirtazapine saying it would be fine, but I have gotten off this drug last year and lost 10 pounds which I can't afford to lose right now. I think I'm stuck on the mirtazapine until I'm done with benzo taper.

that's very understandable. i'm trying to reduce two medications right now knowing that it won't go well, and surprise! it's not going well.

Wishing you all the best. Doing one is hard enough but two that takes a lot. I must admit though I am thinking of doing two at a time, don't want to be tapering the rest of my life!

I had trouble with eating and gaining weight in withdrawal. These are the things that helped to get food into my body and the more I did them, the more appetite I got. But it seemed as if my body had to be given the nutrients first and the stomach had to grow a bit as we say here.

- having oatmeal, pudding or anything a baby would eat in each room. Any time you enter the room eat 2-3 spoons no matter what

- finding a physical therapist who can help you to get rid of a tight diaphragm, stretching the heart/stomach area

- there are drinks with nutrients and high amount of calories which you can drink. Only 100 milligram deliver a lot. Also drinks with protein or fats, depending what you need.

- Smoothies. I could drink a lot but not eat. It was ridiculous but in the end I would put a hole meal into a smoothie maker and swallow it.

- warm food instead of cold food, regarding the traditional old medicine

- stretching the stomach just by putting liters of food, water, soup etc into is important

- seeing food as important act to get nutrients and not focus on appetite was important. I also had reminders and a clock on my watch telling me to eat.

- I cannot recommend any of these meds as you can see I was polydrugged and every med was hell for me. In my eyes it is not possible to have a normal eating pattern/appetite under those meds. Either you loose the appetite or you develop a hunger for bad food.

Thank you so much for the recommendations!  I'm getting to wear chewing food is hard but I can drink smoothies okay. Going to look up a bunch of recipes for smoothies. I all of a sudden can't eat dry foods. I don't want to be on meds  for this but it was getting bad. Not sure I'm going to stay on the Zyprexa and just try and do the best I can.

If you have any good smoothie recipes I would that you can share would be great.

I am 61 and losing so much muscle and weight my body looks so sad and just looks so bad. My upper arms are just wrinkled.

In case you are female and not yet checked /treated regarding menopause or perimenopoause please do that! Also get your bone density checked.  :thumbsup:

I had trouble with eating and gaining weight in withdrawal. These are the things that helped to get food into my body and the more I did them, the more appetite I got. But it seemed as if my body had to be given the nutrients first and the stomach had to grow a bit as we say here.

- having oatmeal, pudding or anything a baby would eat in each room. Any time you enter the room eat 2-3 spoons no matter what

- finding a physical therapist who can help you to get rid of a tight diaphragm, stretching the heart/stomach area

- there are drinks with nutrients and high amount of calories which you can drink. Only 100 milligram deliver a lot. Also drinks with protein or fats, depending what you need.

- Smoothies. I could drink a lot but not eat. It was ridiculous but in the end I would put a hole meal into a smoothie maker and swallow it.

- warm food instead of cold food, regarding the traditional old medicine

- stretching the stomach just by putting liters of food, water, soup etc into is important

- seeing food as important act to get nutrients and not focus on appetite was important. I also had reminders and a clock on my watch telling me to eat.

- I cannot recommend any of these meds as you can see I was polydrugged and every med was hell for me. In my eyes it is not possible to have a normal eating pattern/appetite under those meds. Either you loose the appetite or you develop a hunger for bad food.

Thank you so much for the recommendations!  I'm getting to wear chewing food is hard but I can drink smoothies okay. Going to look up a bunch of recipes for smoothies. I all of a sudden can't eat dry foods. I don't want to be on meds  for this but it was getting bad. Not sure I'm going to stay on the Zyprexa and just try and do the best I can.

If you have any good smoothie recipes I would that you can share would be great.

I am 61 and losing so much muscle and weight my body looks so sad and just looks so bad. My upper arms are just wrinkled.

In case you are female and not yet checked /treated regarding menopause or perimenopoause please do that! Also get your bone density checked.  :thumbsup:

Yes I am a 61 year old female well past menopause, went through menopause at 38, due to illness. I do have osteoporosis.

Why do you recommend getting these checked?