Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Put on your thinking caps! It's question and answer time.

[...]

That's right Missy W.H.Auden.

---------------------------------------

Was Anne Frank's diary called "The Secret Annexe"?

( There's some controversy about the diaries)

I didn't know about "The Secret Annex". I never realized that Anne Frank had written a few chapters of a novel, or had written essays and short stories. I was only aware of her one diary.

Such a travesty, she was such a bright young girl who never got to experience life in a way that a teenager was entitled to.

I keep a picture of Anne Frank on my desk as a reminder to me that my inconveniences in life are so insignificant compared to what she and so many other had to endure.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [ha...]

• [cu...]

• [ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

halyard

boomvang

luffing

daggerboard

harden up

The above terms are used when engaged in what activity?                       

Sailing of course!

------------------------------------

Which influencial (& possibly eccentric) Danish Philosopher wrote Either/Or?

Soren Kierkegaard.

Which Canadian musician has  his tombstone inscribed with the opening notes of The Goldberg Variations?

Soren Kierkegaard.

Which Canadian musician has  his tombstone inscribed with the opening notes of The Goldberg Variations?

Didn't need the help of Wiki on that one. Glenn Gould.

When one mentions "Revolutionary Petunias", are they talking about flowers?

"Revolutionary Petunias" is the name of a poem and a collection of poems by Alice Walker.

The term refers to women who are committed to beauty and standing up to oppression.  :thumbsup:

What is the name of the historian/author and activist who was Alice Walker's teacher at Spelman College in Atlanta, GA, during the Civil Rights' Movement?

Another clue:

He also is the author of "The People's History of the United States".

I don't believe that MLKJ ever taught at Spelman although his message is carried on there...

Another clue:

He also is the author of "The People's History of the United States".

I don't believe that MLKJ ever taught at Spelman although his message is carried on there...

Howard Zinn.

French composer Emmanuel Chabrier became very good friends with, and purchased a painting titled: "Bar at the Folies Bergere" from what artist?

French composer Emmanuel Chabrier became very good friends with, and purchased a painting titled: "Bar at the Folies Bergere" from what artist?

Edoaurd (sp?) Manet (asked husband, so sort of had to look it up)  :)

What U.S. state has a town named "Nevada" in it?

Edoaurd (sp?) Manet (asked husband, so sort of had to look it up)  :)

What U.S. state has a town named "Nevada" in it?

Hi Grace,

I went through Nevada, Missouri a while back. ;)

"You can have your cake and eat it too". I always thought that was a strange saying. What does it mean?

[cb...]

"You can have your cake and eat it too". I always thought that was a strange saying. What does it mean?

lol, in a relationship.. to cheat, yet want your partner.. the way I have always taken it.

OR

If a couple are married, and one cheats.. they want their spouse and the mistress / secret lover at the same time.

;)

lol, in a relationship.. to cheat, yet want your partner.. the way I have always taken it.

OR

If a couple are married, and one cheats.. they want their spouse and the mistress / secret lover at the same time.

;)

Thanks S#.

The word p-o-l-i-t-i-c-i-a-n-s pops onto my head! :o

Who actually wrote Humpty Dumpty?

*Forgot my question.

Apparently no one really knows, but they probably didn't have a fondness for eggs. :D

[cb...]

Who actually wrote Humpty Dumpty?

*Forgot my question.

Apparently no one really knows, but they probably didn't have a fondness for eggs. :D

lol!

Nobody knows. Lewis Carrol wrote about Humpty Dumpty in 'Alice through the Looking Glass' and the rhyme is used to teach children about irreversible changes/actions and consequences. First published in about 1810 but dating back to the 17th century, it is thought that the rhyme originally described the destruction in the English Civil War of a Royalist cannon felled from a parapit at St Marys church, during the Parliamentarian seige of Colchester in 1684.

*I always thought Lewis Carrol.

S#

[cb...]

In the 1985 Boise, Idaho mayoral election,  how many write-in votes were cast for Mr. Potato Head?

4 ?

I believe it is.

-

You're right, 4 for Mr. potato head, none for Mr. Chips. :o

The Dutch artist Vermeer, did about 35 paintings, only two of which portrayed children. Can you name them?

BTW he had 11 kids.

How do you identify a Black Widow spider?

Talk about good genes!, who was Glenn Gould's mother related to?  (hint) was a composer.

Wild salmon, Blueberries and walnuts are considered brain food, what are some other foods in this category?

Wild salmon, Blueberries and walnuts are considered brain food, what are some other foods in this category?

Foods high in anti-oxidants are good for the brain, and body, too;  also because the brain is high in fat, (we are all fatheads), it needs  really good fats, like omega3, (fish oil), coconut oil, olive oil, flax-seed oil... for anti-oxidants, spinach, beets, cruciferous vegs like broccoli, kale, brussels sprouts, even chocolate (the good kind), and coffee (decaf included) are good.

Seeds like pumpkin, sunflower and peanuts are high in tryptophan, along with  meats like turkey, beef, chicken, and a lot more.

Ok, I'm done preaching now.

Kat