Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Put on your thinking caps! It's question and answer time.

[...]

I'll accept that answer Missy, because it gave me a good laff!. :laugh:.............He actually kept it in his slipper.

Have a great day!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [ha...]

• [cu...]

• [ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

No, like black tulips, black orchids are flowers of the imagination . A few species of orchid have acquired the name "black orchid" by virtue of their very dark intense colour, usually dark brown or maroon.

I agree!  I've been growing 100's of orchids,  probably a 1,000 or more, and have never come across a truly black orchid.  There are very dark ones, but not black.  Some are a very dark purple, too.

Excuse me, but orchids are one of my passions!  :smitten:

Kat

[21...]

Has anyone grown a Snowball Bush? If they have let me know.  ::)

Here in NY, not too many people grow them nor know what they are. I have three planted since 2009.

They take a long time to grow.

[21...]

What did the original TV dinner consist of?

The first Swanson-brand TV Dinner was produced in the United States and consisted of a Thanksgiving meal of turkey, cornbread dressing, frozen peas and sweet potatoes.

1960 – Swanson added desserts (such as apple cobbler and brownies) to a new four-compartment tray.

1964 – Night Hawk name originated from the Night Hawk steak houses that operated in Austin, Texas from 1939 through 1994. The original "diners" were open all night catering to the late-night crowd. The restaurants produced the first frozen Night Hawk "TV dinner" in 1964.[3]

1969 – The first TV breakfasts were marketed (pancakes and sausage were the favorites). Great Starts Breakfasts and breakfast sandwiches (such as egg and Canadian bacon) followed later.

1973 – The first Swanson Hungry-Man dinners were marketed; these were larger portions of its regular dinner products. The American football player "Mean" Joe Greene, was its spokesman.

1986 – The first microwave oven–safe trays were marketed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_dinner

Wiki is your friend. :)

What year did Nostradamus say the world would end?

In what year did the Mississippi river actually change course and flow north for a short time?

I'll accept that answer Missy, because it gave me a good laff!. :laugh:.............He actually kept it in his slipper.

Have a great day!

Ew!http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Decor%20Smileys/smilie_girl_010.gif  The same slipper he put on his foot?  Ick!  :laugh:

In what year did the Mississippi river actually change course and flow north for a short time?

1812, I believe we had some earthquakes around the region. Remember seeing a History Channel special About that.

Very simple one.... What gets wetter as it dries?

Have a great day!

Ew!http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Decor%20Smileys/smilie_girl_010.gif  The same slipper he put on his foot?  Ick!  :laugh:

Where do you find all those funny wutch-ama- callits?.....no wonder Dr. Watson always refused, when Holmes offered to share his tobacco! By the way, it was no ordinary slipper, it was a persian slipper :D

1812, I believe we had some earthquakes around the region. Remember seeing a History Channel special About that.

Very simple one.... What gets wetter as it dries?

A towel.

Was the Mona Lisa painted with, or without eyebrows?

With eyebrows.

Why is the sun red at sunset?

(Sigma, your snowball bush is good for zone 5.  I bought one today too.:))

[21...]

Kat,

I planted these back in 2009. They take a long time to grow.. each summer.

With eyebrows.

Why is the sun red at sunset?

I actually knew the answer to the Mona Lisa question because I saw it in person at the Louvre many, many years ago.  It was behind glass or plexy on all sides and guarded at all times.

As far as the sunset question I cheated and looked it up on Wikipedia but it's still too complicated for me to understand  :idiot: but it's because, "The ray path of light from the setting Sun is highly distorted near the horizon because of atmospheric refraction, making astronomical sunset occur when the Sun's disk is already about one diameter below the horizon. Sunset is distinct from dusk, which is the moment at which darkness falls, which occurs when the Sun is approximately eighteen degrees below the horizon. The period between the astronomical sunset and dusk is called twilight."

Sorry for cheating but that's allot for a benzo brain to remember.

Sara

Wow! Sara,

What a thrill it must have been to see the original portrait of the Mona Lisa!

Some say that the (spiral) shown in Van Goghs, The Starry Night, resembles what Galaxy?

I actually knew the answer to the Mona Lisa question because I saw it in person at the Louvre many, many years ago.  It was behind glass or plexy on all sides and guarded at all times.

As far as the sunset question I cheated and looked it up on Wikipedia but it's still too complicated for me to understand  :idiot: but it's because, "The ray path of light from the setting Sun is highly distorted near the horizon because of atmospheric refraction, making astronomical sunset occur when the Sun's disk is already about one diameter below the horizon. Sunset is distinct from dusk, which is the moment at which darkness falls, which occurs when the Sun is approximately eighteen degrees below the horizon. The period between the astronomical sunset and dusk is called twilight."

Sorry for cheating but that's allot for a benzo brain to remember.

Sara

Sara, I saw the Mona Lisa at the Louvre too, in 1994.

Your answer is right, but just wanted to add that my hubby has said that the red colour in a sunset is due to light reflection off dust particles, and I had to look it up, too.  The blue/green light has a shorter wavelength than red, so when  the sun is near the horizon, it has to pass through more atmosphere (particles), causing the shorter blue/green  to sort of dissipate, leaving the red colour.  Maybe this makes sense..I am not sure with my benzo brain and insomnia at 2:30 a.m.

Here's another explanation:

Blue light has a shorter wavelength than red light and, at sunset when the sun is low on the horizon, the sunlight has to pass through more atmosphere than it does when the sun is directly overhead. This means that as the sun sets the blue light has been filtered out by the thicker layer of atmosphere, leaving only the red, orange and yellow light for us to see.

Kat

Great...now when I see a beautiful sunset I'll be thinking of wavelengths and dust particles. :laugh:

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Decor%20Smileys/sunburn.gif

pj - look at smileyarena.com for some good smileys. ;)

Great...now when I see a beautiful sunset I'll be thinking of wavelengths and dust particles. :laugh:

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Decor%20Smileys/sunburn.gif

pj - look at smileyarena.com for some good smileys. ;)

Hedy Lamarr, once considered the most beautiful woman in Hollywood, also had brains. What did she invent? 

Not sure what Hedy Lamarr invented, PJ... I'll have to check wikipedia. Meanwhile... I thought you all might find this amusing. My spousal unit loves this comic and shares them with me:

http://xkcd.com/

Grace~