Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Put on your thinking caps! It's question and answer time.

[...]

Grace, I think it was Shakespeare.

Is Van Goghs' Starry night, a depiction of what he saw outside his sanitarium room window?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [ha...]

• [cu...]

• [ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigma0123

Jan (hubby) is not questioning your mathematical ability, or that of your Princeton colleaques.He is

saying that there is something wrong with the question . If you had said that the outer sphere is of an unknown or unknowable size rather than infinite, the question would be acceptable- a valid question.  Infinity has a specific meaning that cannot be applied to a sphere.

Jan is a very interested in cosmology, & the sciences.

Regards Arafurapearl :)

It is Shakespeare, PJ, from the play "The Tempest"

I'll let someone else answer your Van Gogh question and that person can then pose another question for the thread.

:)

[85...]

Sigma0123

Jan (hubby) is not questioning your mathematical ability, or that of your Princeton colleaques.He is

saying that there is something wrong with the question . If you had said that the outer sphere is of an unknown or unknowable size rather than infinite, the question would be acceptable- a valid question.  Infinity has a specific meaning that cannot be applied to a sphere.

Jan is a very interested in cosmology, & the sciences.

Regards Arafurapearl :)

Arafurapearl,

Cosmology I like as well. It deals with the Universe, Astrophysics, and other subjects.

I don't attend Princeton, not as of yet. I plan too. When I lived in New Jersey. I lived in Princeton with a friend, who attended the University.

When it comes to theories. I have many of them and one of them just happens to be, that the universe is round (Sphere), as a whole itself.. but different dimensions. It's hard for me to explain unless explaining it in person.

Infinity can apply to a sphere because a sphere is round, and in this case it can keep going. No wonder the universe seems endless 'cause it's in a Sphere, and outside that sphere is heaven, this goes into Alchemy. It's just not one specific problem. LOL, no it can't be proven, nor will it be in this lifetime.. just a theory I thought up.

Your hubby sounds like a very smart guy.

I'll go on to ask the next question-

You are the pilot of a plane that will stop at Juneau in 5 hours, Tokyo in 10 hours, Beijing in 15 hours, and Bangladesh in 20 hours. Who is piloting the plane?

Infinity can apply to a sphere because a sphere is round, and in this case it can keep going.

how does this work when the properties of a sphere can be expressed as definite numbers?  Its volume and surface are finite.

[85...]

amano:

Infinity can apply to a sphere because a sphere is round, and in this case it can keep going.

Edit: Let me explain this sphere again. I have 20 pages of theory about this. I can't publish it anywhere because I'm submitting it.

If the universe is within one big sphere, but yet there are 2 more sphere's within that sphere. How can it be expressed?

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/keryn2/sphere1.png

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/keryn2/sphere2.png

And from this it goes into other theories beyond Math.

It's more Alchemical, which I think can be used in the future.

To explain it is very very hard unless you understand Physics + Alchemy together.

Can it be proven? NO. Is there an Equation? YES.

That's the extent of it.

--------

Write the last 33½% of SHE.

Write the last 50% of AX.

Write the first 75% of CELL.

Write the middle 60% of BLEND.

Write the last 40% of SPACE.

What word have you written?

I will let a few others take a guess at the Pilot question.

Who said " philosophy is a battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of language"?

That would be Ludwig Wittgenstein.

その専門家しか知らないことで説明するとあなたはどのようにみられるか知ってる?

Thanks for making me feel like the moron I've become, for asking a simple question.  

俺がその難しい算数を分かるはずではないと知ってるくせにばかにさせるの?

それは最悪にほかない。

もー、あんたとは再度はなしたくない。

[85...]

Thanks for making an asshole of me for asking a simple question. 

それは最悪にほかない。

もー、あんたとは再度はなしたくない。

I didn't, and if it come off that way. I'm sorry.

それは最悪にほかない。

もー、あんたとは再度はなしたくない。

amano,

I'm fairly certain you misinterpreted Sigmas comments, but regardless of how they were intended, your response is unwelcome.  This thread was started to be stimulating and fun, lets keep it that way.

Pam

I will ask a question and answer it, because it is relevent to a previous discussion.

Question, Why is a crossword puzzle like a quarrel?

Answer, One word leads to another.

[85...]
Question, Why is a crossword puzzle like a quarrel?

Answer, One word leads to another.

Well yeah, that's true. :)

Write the last 33½% of SHE.

Write the last 50% of AX.

Write the first 75% of CELL.

Write the middle 60% of BLEND.

Write the last 40% of SPACE.

What word have you written?

This is good for the mind ;)

S#. ...............That would be excelence, I liked that one! :D

In 1870, Renoir painted a porttrait of an 8 year old girl, named Irene. What color ribbon did she wear in her hair?

それは最悪にほかない。

もー、あんたとは再度はなしたくない。

amano,

I'm fairly certain you misinterpreted Sigmas comments, but regardless of how they were intended, your response is unwelcome.  This thread was started to be stimulating and fun, lets keep it that way.

Pam

Perhaps I did, I don't know, either way I think a bit more consideration than blasting a layperson with complex mathematics and citing theorem that most people can't comprehend, in response to a simple question, would have been more appropriate.

Lest us not forget people are in withdrawal and have problems with comprehension of even the most basic concepts, others have had their mental faculties decimated with little sign of return.

Either way I shall edit my first post and remove the word that is probably the problem.

それは最悪にほかない。

もー、あんたとは再度はなしたくない。

amano,

Pam

Perhaps I did, I don't know, either way I think a bit more consideration than blasting a layperson with complex mathematics and citing theorem that most people can't comprehend, in response to a simple question, would have been more appropriate.

Lest us not forget people are in withdrawal and have problems with comprehension of even the most basic concepts, others have had their mental faculties decimated with little sign of return.

Either way I shall edit my first post and remove the word that is probably the problem.

Some people use the arcade to get them through this, others chat and still others seem to find comfort in math, none of these things worked for me, but to each his own.  ;)  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=23370.0

[85...]

amano,

I understand, and will not be posting any Complex Mathematics here. Only on my Math and Science thread.

Also, I wasn't blasting you nor any of my intentions was to make you or anyone look like a moron.

It's okay. We can drop it, and continue asking questions here for fun.

We can move on with the thread.

S#. ...............That would be excelence, I liked that one

Yes pj, that is correct.

:)

S#. ...............That would be excelence, I liked that one! :D

In 1870, Renoir painted a porttrait of an 8 year old girl, named Irene. What color ribbon did she wear in her hair?

Did you want to try this one? 

[85...]

This one I don't know.  :D

Blue?

Blue?

yup Sig,

a blue ribbon.

[85...]

Blue?

yup Sig,

a blue ribbon.

That was just a lucky guess. But Blue does stand out more, so more than likely I figured either blue or red, and picked blue.

What word is spelled the same forwards and backwards?

A word that is spelled the same forward and backwards, is a palindrome.

Where did Sherlock Holmes keep his pipe tobacco?

In his pipe? http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Decor%20Smileys/indubitably.gif