Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Put on your thinking caps! It's question and answer time.

[...]

In what Elvis film did he play a double role?

Scotopic people can do what?

In France, if you were served le miel, what you you eat?

What wood was the cross supposedly made of?

Kleenex tissues were originally intended to do, what in 1915?

Coming up dumb on these, but I think the scotopic must have something to do with eyes.

Here's my contribution:

How did the disease chicken pox get its name?

Is the Dea Sea really a sea?

What is a Horned Toad?

What does "enharmonic" mean?

Did Levi Straus call his creation blue jeans?

pianogirl

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [ha...]

• [cu...]

• [ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

In what Elvis film did he play a double role?

Scotopic people can do what?

In France, if you were served le miel, what you you eat?

What wood was the cross supposedly made of?

Kleenex tissues were originally intended to do, what in 1915?

Coming up dumb on these, but I think the scotopic must have something to do with eyes.

Here's my contribution:

How did the disease chicken pox get its name?

Is the Dea Sea really a sea?

What is a Horned Toad?

What does "enharmonic" mean?

Did Levi Straus call his creation blue jeans?

pianogirl

The movie was called Kissin' Cousins

le miel is honey

scotopic, can see in the dark

the cross was made of mistletoe ???

Kleenex...W W 1 gas mask filters :o

Here's my contribution:

How did the disease chicken pox get its name?.........don't know

Is the Dea Sea really a sea?..... is it actually a lake?

What is a Horned Toad?........a toad with a horn :-\

What does "enharmonic" mean?......does it have something to do with tuning a piano?

Did Levi Straus call his creation blue jeans?........no

What does a galactophagist drink?

Which drink did Bach enjoy so much he wrote a cantata for it?

How many spark plugs in a V8 engine?

Here's my contribution:

How did the disease chicken pox get its name?.........don't know

Is the Dea Sea really a sea?..... is it actually a lake?

What is a Horned Toad?........a toad with a horn

What does "enharmonic" mean?......does it have something to do with tuning a piano?

Did Levi Straus call his creation blue jeans?........no

Chicken Pox: it comes from the phonetic evolution of Old English, "gicanpox"  (itching)

Yes, Dead Sea is a lake

Horned toad is a lizard

enharmonic means: a tone can be called by 2 different names, ie f sharp and g flat. (they are the same keys on the piano)

Levi called his jeans Waist Overalls.  Now they never even go up to the waist.  :laugh: :laugh:

Good ole JS Bach, who was way ahead of his time in the complexity of his compostions liked his Kaffee.

pianogirl

Doesn't a V8 engine have 6 spark plugs, but it has 8 cylinders and if it is running, it would be firing on all cylinders    :D  Oh, the "joke" quotient on that comment is about zero    :D

Scotopic - wow.  So what birds and animals are scotopic?

Thank goodness for pianogirl!! Good to get all the musical answers from an expert.

Doesn't a V8 engine have 6 spark plugs, but it has 8 cylinders and if it is running, it would be firing on all cylinders    :D  Oh, the "joke" quotient on that comment is about zero    :D

Scotopic - wow.  So what birds and animals are scotopic?.......all the nocturnal ones, hanna ???

Thank goodness for pianogirl!! Good to get all the musical answers from an expert.

A galactophagist is someone who drinks milk ???

hanna, if a V8 has 6 sparkplugs, does that mean that a V6 has 8 sparkplugs, i am confused, i am not firing on all cylinders today, or any day for that matter :o

That was a good one about the jeans, pianogirl

I'm going to have to come up with some piano related questions for you, pianogirl :)

Bach must have really liked his coffee to compose the KaffeeKantate, i wonder what he would think about Starbucks?

How sweet

coffee tastes......sweet as a thousand kisses

coffee..... i must have coffee

give me some coffee

More Useless Facts...

Most collect calls are made on what day?

The average person spends how much time on the phone in a lifetime?

The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from what?

The airplane Buddy Holly died in was named what?

The average North American will eat how many cookies during their life span?

:)

pj, absolutely 6 plugs, 1 distributor, a bunch of wires, a funny looking engine ---- and I guess a V8 really would need 8 plugs if it wants to fire on all cylinders, wouldn't it, but you just never know - it would still work on 6... :D  :sick:

WWWI:

You completely flumouxed me on those one. I am really wondering if I want to know how many cookies I might eat in my life....

But let me guess that most collect calls are made on Sunday.

And rule of thumb might have something to do with someone marking a paper with a thumbprint?

Useless answers to attempt to go with your less than useless facts..... :idiot:

A valent attempt nonetheless Hanna!!

Most collect calls are made on what day?I should have probably specified what holiday...Father's day !

The average person spends how much time on the phone in a lifetime? Two years

The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from what? It is derived from an old English law, which stated that you could't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb!!! I have a finger for them and it's not a thumb! lol

The airplane Buddy Holly died in was named what? American Pie, which was the inspiration of the song

The average North American will eat how many cookies during their life span? Hanna don't look lol...35,000

Oh wow. Those are amazing useless facts!! Can't wait to use them in my useless conversations.

Two years on the phone!! I know someone who is on the phone about 3 hours a day - she will tip the average! Also met some bushmen in the Kalahari desert (no - this is not a joke, fabrication or hallucination  :D ). My friend was seeing if she could include their village in a photo tour that she runs into the desert. They weren't sure. It was a pretty village and nice people. No running water or electricity, but everyone seemed fine. The person in charge of the village gave my friend her number and told her to call her cell phone - don't know where she plugged it in......

OMG - 35,000!!!! 35,000. Wow. I wonder if I have reached the end of my cookie allotment. I really hope not. I especially hope that I haven't reached my limit of chocolate chip cookies. Please!!!

Scary English law. 

Let's see...can I think of anything. Chances of finding trivia in my brain are probably pretty good.  :yippee:

Okay,

Who invented the telephone?  - just to stick to the telecommunication theme.

How many spark plugs in a car with a 4 cylinder engine  - stolen idea from pj.

What is the name of the piece of equipment that is used in a laboratory to determine how many calories are in a piece of food?

Do sand dunes move?

What was the first experiment done that was the first done on animal movement and why was it done? - I know, a little esoteric, but it is part of the trivia in my brain.....

Oh wow. Those are amazing useless facts!! Can't wait to use them in my useless conversations.

Two years on the phone!! I know someone who is on the phone about 3 hours a day - she will tip the average! Also met some bushmen in the Kalahari desert (no - this is not a joke, fabrication or hallucination  :D ). My friend was seeing if she could include their village in a photo tour that she runs into the desert. They weren't sure. It was a pretty village and nice people. No running water or electricity, but everyone seemed fine. The person in charge of the village gave my friend her number and told her to call her cell phone - don't know where she plugged it in......

OMG - 35,000!!!! 35,000. Wow. I wonder if I have reached the end of my cookie allotment. I really hope not. I especially hope that I haven't reached my limit of chocolate chip cookies. Please!!!

Scary English law. 

Let's see...can I think of anything. Chances of finding trivia in my brain are probably pretty good.  :yippee:

Okay,

Who invented the telephone?  - just to stick to the telecommunication theme.

How many spark plugs in a car with a 4 cylinder engine  - stolen idea from pj.

What is the name of the piece of equipment that is used in a laboratory to determine how many calories are in a piece of food?

Do sand dunes move?

What was the first experiment done that was the first done on animal movement and why was it done? - I know, a little esoteric, but it is part of the trivia in my brain.....

The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from what? It is derived from an old English law, which stated that you could't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb!!! I have a finger for them and it's not a thumb! lol

Good one! WWWI

The majority rules that it was Bell, but i think some have disputed that.

4 spark plugs

I think sand dunes do move or shift.........don't know the answers to the others, hanna

Hi,

I didn't know that there was dispute about Bell. I thought it was Bell.....  No trick from me on that one

Absolutely trust your answer on the spark plugs!!! I must have had a mental blip about the 8 spark plugs.  Not a trick on your part!

Some sand dunes shift (a lot) and some are stationary. Some of the dunes in the desert in Namibia are stationary dunes and are numbered - "Meet you at dune 45" - how strange is that??

Won't give the answers for the others, yet, till some of the others of us weigh in.

Here's a couple fo you,  pianogirl, :)

Who composed "Rhapsody in Blue"?

Beethoven's Piano sonata No. 14 in C # minor is better known as what?

Hi,

I didn't know that there was dispute about Bell. I thought it was Bell.....  No trick from me on that one

Absolutely trust your answer on the spark plugs!!! I must have had a mental blip about the 8 spark plugs.  Not a trick on your part!

Some sand dunes shift (a lot) and some are stationary. Some of the dunes in the desert in Namibia are stationary dunes and are numbered - "Meet you at dune 45" - how strange is that??

Won't give the answers for the others, yet, till some of the others of us weigh in.

OK pj,

Gershwin wrote Rhapsodie in Blue---- or was it United Airlines  :laugh: :laugh:

Beethoven's op.14 is known as the Moonlight Sonata.  It is very well known but not my favorite. I much prefer the Tempest, the Pathetique, the Appasionata and the Wallstein.  The 3rd movement of the Moonlight is fun to play though.

Mozarts works are always numbered with a K in front of the number ie. Sonata K545. What does the K stand for? (NO not klonopin)

Does a 10 gallon hat hold 10 gallons??

Sorry to be such a music nerd!! :idiot:

pianogirl

Nerds unite!!! Great to have a music nerd, Pianogirl!

Don't know about Mozart K.  It isn't k for klassic......is it?

The 10 gallon hat doesn't hold ten gallons of water, but it is sometimes waterproof.

They measure calories using a "bomb calorimeter" - sounds so serious to me.

The first video movement study was done with race horses, because the researchers had a bet on whether or not the horse had all feet off the ground when it is running. It does. I don't know who one the bet.

Hi,

OK pj,

Beethoven's op.14 is known as the Moonlight Sonata.  It is very well known but not my favorite. I much prefer the Tempest, the Pathetique, the Appasionata and the Wallstein.  The 3rd movement of the Moonlight is fun to play though.

Mozarts works are always numbered with a K in front of the number ie. Sonata K545. What does the K stand for? (NO not klonopin)

pianogirl

Don't apologise for your love and understanding of good music.  For me, to listen to music such as Mozart's Exsultate Jubilate is a sheer joy, as is music in the style of Aaron Copland's Appalachian Spring.

The K, i was told,  stands for Kovel, the person who categorized Mozart's various works.  I got the answer from my Vet who tends to my Border Collie.  She loves music, and is a very excellent pianist.  I heard her play a couple of times, and was in total awe of her ability.

I think a 10 gallon hat probably holds about a half gallon.  If it held 10 gallons, it would be maybe  3 feet tall. :laugh:

In The Winnie the Pooh stories, what is Kanga's baby called?

What part of a frog do you rub to hypnotize it?

Who was the original Peeping Tom looking at?

I love Copland's Appalachian Spring, too. Thanks for reminding me of that. Thanks to Pianogirl, too; you have me looking through my music which I haven't listened to in so long. A blessing.

Kanga's baby was called Roo.

I think you stroke a frog's stomach, but have never tried it!

A Peeping Tomette?

You are right, the K stands for Kochel. He made it his life work to organize Mozarts music from the first piece he wrote until the last. So if you are listening to K5, he probably wrote it when he was 6, show off!!!!

The 10 gallon hat holds about 3 gallons partner.

I try not to stroke frogs..... :D

I really like the tomette thing?  I have no idea at all, looking through a fence at something?????

I love Copeland too and actually sang Mozarts Alleluia when I had a voice, now it has more cracks than the sidewalk.

Hi,

OK pj,

pianogirl

Don't apologise for your love and understanding of good music.  For me, to listen to music such as Mozart's Exsultate Jubilate is a sheer joy, as is music in the style of Aaron Copland's Appalachian Spring.

The K, i was told,  stands for Kovel, the person who categorized Mozart's various works.  I got the answer from my Vet who tends to my Border Collie.  She loves music, and is a very excellent pianist.  I heard her play a couple of times, and was in total awe of her ability.

I think a 10 gallon hat probably holds about a half gallon.  If it held 10 gallons, it would be maybe  3 feet tall. :laugh:

In The Winnie the Pooh stories, what is Kanga's baby called?

What part of a frog do you rub to hypnotize it?

Who was the original Peeping Tom looking at?

You are right, the K stands for Kochel. He made it his life work to organize Mozarts music from the first piece he wrote until the last. So if you are listening to K5, he probably wrote it when he was 6, show off!!!!

The 10 gallon hat holds about 3 gallons partner.

I try not to stroke frogs..... :D

I really like the tomette thing?  I have no idea at all, looking through a fence at something?????

I love Copeland too and actually sang Mozarts Alleluia when I had a voice, now it has more cracks than the sidewalk.

To sing Alleluia is not easy, it takes a well-trained, disciplined voice to do all those repeated rapid runs and twists and turns.

That naughty boy Tom was peeping at Lady Godiva 8)..hanna, what are we going to do with you?, tomette :laugh:

I agree hanna, Appalachian Spring is great!

Show off, indeed. 

Pianogirl - question about voices. Do our voices crack because of age, or is it the benzos. Finally someone I can ask! 

Have you listened to this flashmob sining  the hallelujah chorus: http://www.theviraltrend.com/music/christmas-food-court-flash-mob-hallelujah-chorus. I know there are many variations on the flashmob, but this one has an interesting story (at least to me). It was done in a small town near Niagara Falls, which is only about 200 miles from where I live. The larger town nearby would not let the singers sing in their mall, so Welland, Ontario got the honours. A friend of mine knows the choir. The soloist was using a cell phone to let her friend hear the music. This just gives me chills every time I hear it.

No new questions right now.

Who painted "The Persistence of Memory" featuring melting pocket watches?

Someone 'outstanding in their field', would best describe, who?

What the heck is chicken-fried steak, it sure doesn't look like chicken?

What food was invented in a sanatorium in 1890?

Blue, red, green, and yellow are the colors of the Olympic rings, what color is missing? 

What male human feature was taxed in Elizabethian times?

Who painted "The Persistence of Memory" featuring melting pocket watches?

Someone 'outstanding in their field', would best describe, who?

What the heck is chicken-fried steak, it sure doesn't look like chicken?

What food was invented in a sanatorium in 1890?

Blue, red, green, and yellow are the colors of the Olympic rings, what color is missing? 

What male human feature was taxed in Elizabethian times?

Who is outstanding in their field?-A farmer :crazy:

Salvador Dali did the painting. He has a lot of work in the museum in Indianapolis.

I have an "out standing in my field" t-shirt. Got it as a promotion gift at work a few years ago. Cute....

Chicken-fried steak - you have to be kidding.

Sanatorium food...

Black is missing on the Olympic rings.

I think the beard was taxed.