Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Put on your thinking caps! It's question and answer time.

[...]

This has probably been asked before, but WHERE do socks go?  You put 2 in the dryer and only one comes out.  Is there a sock Heaven?  I have had a drawer full of socks with no mate for years, but I am still holding out hope..... :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [ha...]

• [cu...]

• [ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Darnit! I had to be productive for a few minutes and didn't get a few goofy answers in!

I don't know what the ball is made of. I think it should be made of chocolate chip cookie dough. Imagine how awesome that would be to see a giant ball of cookie dough descending from the sky to ring in the new year. And then the the crowds could converge and eat it!

I'm going to have to ponder Hanna's animal questions. It took me a few minutes to realize that a sloth was something different than a slug, because I was wondering if slugs got anxiety. Do slugs get anxiety?

I will have to dust off my geophysics degree and start thinking of some geology questions to ask. Unfortunately that requires that I utilize my goldfish-like memory in order to try and recall the answers!

What was the United States' first nuclear test called?

What is the softest mineral? Hardest mineral?

The media, when reporting about earthquakes, likes to say an earthquake was X magnitude on the Richter scale. Technically, the Richter magnitude scale only defines earthquake magnitudes where?

Did we get an answer on the pituitary? I was going to say GABA receptors or else the appendix [it has to be used for something, right?].

I am a slug and I have :) anxiety

What does MIT stand for? Massachusetts Institute of Technology

What does C stand for in Roman Numerals? 100

Where did the word, VitaMeataVegimin come from?  The Lucy Show

Al Capone was finally nailed for what crime? tax evasion?

Where was Alcatraz prison located? San Francisco Bay

Hey PJ Happy New Year!!

This has probably been asked before, but WHERE do socks go?  You put 2 in the dryer and only one comes out.  Is there a sock Heaven?  I have had a drawer full of socks with no mate for years, but I am still holding out hope..... :)

Missing socks: ........My theory is that there must be an invisible tunnel to the 3rd dimension behind the dryer, or washer, which opens up on wash day, and sucks in some socks to appease the 'sock people' who live on planet 'hole in the toe' ???

You posed a great question, jrvmc.  Perhaps someone  can come up with some plausible answers.  I would really like to know, as i too have many socks with no mate. :(

Dear Pj:

I love your answer!  I will have to give it some thought.  I had not really considered a 3rd dimension before. :)  Maybe all the BB's can get together with all our sad, lonely socks and see if anyone has a mate!

What does MIT stand for? Massachusetts Institute of Technology

What does C stand for in Roman Numerals? 100

Where did the word, VitaMeataVegimin come from?  The Lucy Show

Al Capone was finally nailed for what crime? tax evasion?

Where was Alcatraz prison located? San Francisco Bay

Hey PJ Happy New Year!!

Very good! honeym. :)      A big Happy New Year to you too.

Dear Pj:

I love your answer!  I will have to give it some thought.  I had not really considered a 3rd dimension before. :)  Maybe all the BB's can get together with all our sad, lonely socks and see if anyone has a mate!

Thanks jrvmc, :)  Sock it too me!!.......hanna or marie probably have some good answers.

What is the rabies vaccine made from? (I know the answer to this because I received 14 injections in my belly and kept one of the vials)

Oh yes, the sock in the dryer. I like pj's answer; perhaps we can all find that dimension - and our socks.

My metaphysical understanding of socks is related to the spirituality of my dryer. My dryer, as any small "g" god of the ancient world, requires sacrifices so that it will continue to work and clean clothes. My dryer requires socks. It particularly likes socks that have only one mate. It is less partial to gym socks, which I might have bought 3 pairs of at a time and thus could re-pair it with another sock. I know some dryers prefer underwear, or will be satisfied with the occasional button or addition of a dirt stain to the clothes. Mine, however, is definitely a sock dryer.

Wonder what Marie's understanding of the sock disappearance will be. Looking forward to it.

Are rabies vaccines made from the blood of a rabbit? Ugh to having had the shots. Yuck!

Oh yes, the sock in the dryer. I like pj's answer; perhaps we can all find that dimension - and our socks.

My metaphysical understanding of socks is related to the spirituality of my dryer. My dryer, as any small "g" god of the ancient world, requires sacrifices so that it will continue to work and clean clothes. My dryer requires socks. It particularly likes socks that have only one mate. It is less partial to gym socks, which I might have bought 3 pairs of at a time and thus could re-pair it with another sock. I know some dryers prefer underwear, or will be satisfied with the occasional button or addition of a dirt stain to the clothes. Mine, however, is definitely a sock dryer.

Wonder what Marie's understanding of the sock disappearance will be. Looking forward to it.

Are rabies vaccines made from the blood of a rabbit? Ugh to having had the shots. Yuck!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Another good answer.

My vaccine was from duck embryo-weird.

Duck embryo. That's amazing.

It is amazing.  How did someone ever figure out that duck embryo would cure rabies?  I guess it worked for me because I never foamed at the mouth or bit anyone, and I'm still here. :)

I have heard of going through the rabies shots, but have never heard a first hand account of it. You would hope that some day they find a better system than all those shots.

Some questions:

What was the underground railroad?

What are the current seven wonders of the world?

What is the Queen of England's favorite breed of dog?

What country lost a day this year?

What is the name of the country that is an island just south of India? What does it's name mean?

Found a picture of the crystal ball we were discussing:

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h456/hannasarnia/ScreenShot2012-01-01at100035AM.png

I have heard of going through the rabies shots, but have never heard a first hand account of it. You would hope that some day they find a better system than all those shots.

Some questions:

What is the name of the country that is an island just south of India? What does it's name mean?

Hi Hanna:

I had the shots as a child, more years ago than I care to remember.  It is my understanding that now it is just a series of 2 or 4 shots, and they are given in the arm.

Jen

Some questions:

Hi Hanna:

I had the shots as a child, more years ago than I care to remember.  It is my understanding that now it is just a series of 2 or 4 shots, and they are given in the arm.

Jen

Top of the morning everyone, ........ those shots must have been really painful, j

hanna, the queen has a real fondness for the  Welch Corgi.

The underground railroad was a means by which slaves escaped to the North.

Don't know the answer to the other ones...it seems like the list of 7 wonders keeps changing.

According to the U.S. Agriculture Dept. grading regulations, how many ounces must a dozen of jumbo eggs weigh?

Black-eyed peas are not peas.  What are they?........not talking about the band.

What product was introduced in Japanese supermarkets after a survey showed half the country's young people weren't able to use chopsticks?

How many drops to a teaspoon?

Who became the first woman prime minister of an Islamic nation?

What former U.S. president got stuck in the Whitehouse bath tub because he was so big?

What is the name of the dog on the Cracker Jack Box?

According to the U.S. Agriculture Dept. grading regulations, how many ounces must a dozen of jumbo eggs weigh?

Black-eyed peas are not peas.  What are they?........not talking about the band.

What product was introduced in Japanese supermarkets after a survey showed half the country's young people weren't able to use chopsticks?

What former U.S. president got stuck in the Whitehouse bath tub because he was so big?

A black eyed pea is really a bean.

Bhutto was the first women  prime minister of an Islamic nation.

Possibly 10 drops in a teaspoon, depends on how large the drops.

I'll pass on the rest.  Never knew there was a dog on the crackerjack box, I just wanted the prize.  :yippee:

pianogirl

hanna, the queen has a real fondness for the  Welch Corgi. Yup.

Don't know the answer to the other ones...it seems like the list of 7 wonders keeps changing. I don't know the answer either  :D  . thought someone might now what the latest were.

Samoa dropped a day in December, so they could be on the same side of the date line as the people in the west whom they trade with.

The country south of India is Sri Lanka - used to be known as Ceylon. Sri Lanka means Sir Lion.

According to the U.S. Agriculture Dept. grading regulations, how many ounces must a dozen of jumbo eggs weigh?  No idea.

Black-eyed peas are not peas.  What are they?........not talking about the band.  They are beans. (Didn't know they were a band)

What product was introduced in Japanese supermarkets after a survey showed half the country's young people weren't able to use chopsticks? Forks?

How many drops to a teaspoon?  No idea.

Who became the first woman prime minister of an Islamic nation?  Don't know.

What former U.S. president got stuck in the Whitehouse bath tub because he was so big? I can't wait for the answer to this one.

What is the name of the dog on the Cracker Jack Box?  Cracker Jack?

A black eyed pea is really a bean.

Bhutto was the first women  prime minister of an Islamic nation.

Possibly 10 drops in a teaspoon, depends on how large the drops.

I'll pass on the rest.  Never knew there was a dog on the crackerjack box, I just wanted the prize.  :yippee:

pianogirl

some how, someone decided that 60 drops fit into a teaspoon ???

Sailor Jack's dog was called Bingo.......some of the old prizes are worth some big bucks.

Don't know the answer to the other ones...it seems like the list of 7 wonders keeps changing. I don't know the answer either  :D  . thought someone might now what the latest were.

Samoa dropped a day in December, so they could be on the same side of the date line as the people in the west whom they trade with.

The country south of India is Sri Lanka - used to be known as Ceylon. Sri Lanka means Sir Lion.

According to the U.S. Agriculture Dept. grading regulations, how many ounces must a dozen of jumbo eggs weigh?  No idea.

Black-eyed peas are not peas.  What are they?........not talking about the band.  They are beans. (Didn't know they were a band)

What product was introduced in Japanese supermarkets after a survey showed half the country's young people weren't able to use chopsticks? Forks?

How many drops to a teaspoon?  No idea.

Who became the first woman prime minister of an Islamic nation?  Don't know.

What former U.S. president got stuck in the Whitehouse bath tub because he was so big? I can't wait for the answer to this one.

What is the name of the dog on the Cracker Jack Box?  Cracker Jack?

Don't know the answer to the other ones...it seems like the list of 7 wonders keeps changing. I don't know the answer either    . thought someone might now what the latest were.

According to the U.S. Agriculture Dept. grading regulations, how many ounces must a dozen of jumbo eggs weigh?  No idea..........30ounces

Black-eyed peas are not peas.  What are they?........not talking about the band.  They are beans. (Didn't know they were a band)    The BlackEyed Peas are quite popular

What product was introduced in Japanese supermarkets after a survey showed half the country's young people weren't able to use chopsticks? Forks?........... :laugh:

Trainer chopsticks, with loops to show users where to put their fingers :D

How many drops to a teaspoon?  No idea.........60, i might have to test that one, and see what i come up with.

Who became the first woman prime minister of an Islamic nation?  Don't know. ........Bhutto

What former U.S. president got stuck in the Whitehouse bath tub because he was so big? I can't wait for the answer to this one..........Taft,  he was a big, big fella :-[

Guess I need to decrease my nerd quotient a bit and listen to the BlackEyed Peas. 

Poor Taft. That would be so sad to be remembered for getting stuck in a bathtub!!!

Guess I need to decrease my nerd quotient a bit and listen to the BlackEyed Peas. 

Poor Taft. That would be so sad to be remembered for getting stuck in a bathtub!!!

Being stuck in the bath tub had to be a big time embarrassment ???:o:crazy:

In what Elvis film did he play a double role?

Scotopic people can do what?

In France, if you were served le miel, what you you eat?

What wood was the cross supposedly made of?

Kleenex tissues were originally intended to do, what in 1915?