Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Put on your thinking caps! It's question and answer time.

[...]

PHd = piled higher and deeper...  MBA mediocre but arrogant...  PS I got a MBA so I can def make fun of myself

What does......  0

-----      mean?......2 degrees below zero

PHD

MBA

I liked your interpretation, jj :laugh:

What does a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush mean?

What is the last word of the new testament?

What was the first computer?.....hint, has nothing to do with Apple.

What was the first computer to defeat a world champion chess player?

In computer language, what do BPS, I/O, and CDI mean?

What common garden creature has 5 pairs of hearts?

Well, i survived Christmas, i hope you did too. :crazy:  time for a little diversion away from all the activity of the past week

Answers:

What is the last word of the new testament?..........Amen

What was the first computer?.....hint, has nothing to do with Apple......Osborne 1

What was the first computer to defeat a world champion chess player?.....Deep Blue

In computer language, what do BPS, I/O, and CDI mean?.....Bits Per Second...input/output..Compact Disc Interactive

What common garden creature has 5 pairs of hearts?.....worm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [ha...]

• [cu...]

• [ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

New questions:

There are 88 keys on a piano.  How many are white?  How many are black?

In what city would you find Cleopatra's Needle?

What is the name given to a half of a Byte?

What U.S. state has the longest border with Canada?

What term refers to the lowest possible temperature?

ANSWER a question if you want to, i will give the answers in a day or two and pose some new questions.

New questions:

Answers:

There are 88 keys on a piano.  How many are white?  How many are black?

In what city would you find Cleopatra's Needle?

What is the name given to a half of a Byte?

What U.S. state has the longest border with Canada?

What term refers to the lowest possible temperature?

ANSWER a question if you want to, i will give the answers in a day or two and pose some new questions.

52 white keys, 36 black keys on a piano

Cleopatra's needle are found in London, New York, and Paris....They are ancient Egyptian obelisks, which are tall, narrow, four-sided tapering monument which ends in a pyramid like shape at the top.

half of a byte is a nibble

Alaska has the longest border with Canada

The lowest possible temperature is absolute zero

Do identical twins have identical fingerprints?

What is the average lifespan of a red blood cell in the normal human body?

What physical symptom is exhibited by those who suffer from blespharospasms?

How many true vocal cords do we have?

Where on the human face is there a muscle known as the corrugator?

What part of the body has the thinnest skin?

What was the game of Scrabble originally called?

What part of the body has the thinnest skin? <---My ego it would seem lol

Do identical twins have identical fingerprints?  No

What is the average lifespan of a red blood cell in the normal human body?  No idea

What physical symptom is exhibited by those who suffer from blespharospasms?  eyelids close involuntarily

How many true vocal cords do we have? Two?

Where on the human face is there a muscle known as the corrugator?  That's a new one to me! Is this the masseter muscle in the cheeks?

What part of the body has the thinnest skin?  I am pretty thick-skinned, but I would guess the heel of the foot.

What part of the body has the thinnest skin? <---My ego it would seem lol

You have a quick wit and a sharp mind, WWWI.  It's good to see you laugh.

Do identical twins have identical fingerprints?  No

What is the average lifespan of a red blood cell in the normal human body?  No idea

What physical symptom is exhibited by those who suffer from blespharospasms?  eyelids close involuntarily

How many true vocal cords do we have? Two?

Where on the human face is there a muscle known as the corrugator?  That's a new one to me! Is this the masseter muscle in the cheeks?

What part of the body has the thinnest skin?  I am pretty thick-skinned, but I would guess the heel of the foot.

very good, hanna :thumbsup:

Four months

you're right hanna :thumbsup:

right again :thumbsup:

you're close, it's in the forehead

it's the eyelid.......1/100 inch thick

Scrabble was originally called criss-cross.......Did you have a nice Christmas, hanna?

Which Canadian Prime Minister gave Western Canada 'the one finger salute'?

What is the name of Canada's most famous sailing vessel?

How many peas in a pod?

What is a tugue?

The Canadian $1 coin is calles a 'loonie', What is the $2 coin called?

When was the Berlin Wall built?

Which Canadian Prime Minister gave Western Canada 'the one finger salute'?  Any of them from Quebec: Trudeau, Martin, Cretien... :)    Actually, I don't know the answer. Maybe Vancouvergirl will.

What is the name of Canada's most famous sailing vessel?  Bluenose. What coin is the Bluenose on?

How many peas in a pod?  As many as you want?

What is a tugue?  I am not sure what that is, but a touque is a hat, usually knit or fleece that we up here wear in winter.

The Canadian $1 coin is calles a 'loonie', What is the $2 coin called?  Toonie.

When was the Berlin Wall built?  Don't know.

Hi pj,

Not a bad Christmas. It has been relatively relaxed. My sister and her family came to my house for about 24 hours  (give or take an hour!!!) - but I survived and they had a good time. How about you, pj?

Which Canadian Prime Minister gave Western Canada 'the one finger salute'?  Any of them from Quebec: Trudeau, Martin, Cretien... :)    Actually, I don't know the answer. Maybe Vancouvergirl will.

What is the name of Canada's most famous sailing vessel?  Bluenose. What coin is the Bluenose on?

How many peas in a pod?  As many as you want?

What is a tugue?  I am not sure what that is, but a touque is a hat, usually knit or fleece that we up here wear in winter.

The Canadian $1 coin is calles a 'loonie', What is the $2 coin called?  Toonie.

When was the Berlin Wall built?  Don't know.

Hi pj,

Not a bad Christmas. It has been relatively relaxed. My sister and her family came to my house for about 24 hours  (give or take an hour!!!) - but I survived and they had a good time. How about you, pj?

It was Trudeau

I think the bluenose is on the 10 cent coin ???

there are usually 6-8 peas per pod.....i liked your answer better, it made me :laugh:

right, it's a hat

a loonie and a toonie, gotta love that....reminds me of Looney Tunes

The Berlin Wall was erected in 1961, a sad time in our history 

I had a nice Christmas, glad you did too, hanna :)

How do you get to Carnegie Hall?

What famous tv host was born in Canada?

What term meaning ' a large sofa with upholstered arms', are Canadians known to use?

What term is given to the lymphocytes which mature in the thymus?

Where did the first Hard Rock Cafe open?

How many genes are there in the human genome?

What has 4 wheels and flies?

Yes, the Bluenose is on our dime.

Love the loonie tunes.  :yippee:      :yippee:    Do you know why the one dollar coin is called a loonie? 

I remember the Berlin Wall coming down. I was at university with a student from Germany. She came back to Canada and told us she had been there the night it came down - it gave my goose bumps to hear her talk about how they hacked at it and celebrated. Amazing.    :)

How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice.

What famous tv host was born in Canada?  All of them.

What term meaning ' a large sofa with upholstered arms', are Canadians known to use? A chesterfield.

What term is given to the lymphocytes which mature in the thymus? A thymocyte (I don't know - just seemed like a good idea  - maybe a leucocyte). Over to someone else.

Where did the first Hard Rock Cafe open?  Over to someone else.

How many genes are there in the human genome?  No clue- but probably a lot.

What has 4 wheels and flies?  A 4 wheeled flying machine?  A plane with 4 wheels?

Hanna, your answers are cracking me up!

I was going to say "Use Google Maps" for getting to Carnegie Hall!

A four-wheeled flying machine! Love it!

Hugs,

~marie

Hi Marie,

Thanks! When in doubt - fabricate. Glad I am making you laugh - and you have to admit that pj asks great questions.

The Carnegie Hall answer is one that I had heard before, so I can't take credit for that, but the rest I can.

How do you get to Carnegie Hall?

What famous tv host was born in Canada?

What term meaning ' a large sofa with upholstered arms', are Canadians known to use?

What term is given to the lymphocytes which mature in the thymus?

Where did the first Hard Rock Cafe open?

How many genes are there in the human genome?

What has 4 wheels and flies?

Yes, the Bluenose is on our dime.

Love the loonie tunes.  :yippee:      :yippee:    Do you know why the one dollar coin is called a loonie? 

I remember the Berlin Wall coming down. I was at university with a student from Germany. She came back to Canada and told us she had been there the night it came down - it gave my goose bumps to hear her talk about how they hacked at it and celebrated. Amazing.    :)

How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, practice, practice.

What famous tv host was born in Canada?  All of them.

What term meaning ' a large sofa with upholstered arms', are Canadians known to use? A chesterfield.

What term is given to the lymphocytes which mature in the thymus? A thymocyte (I don't know - just seemed like a good idea  - maybe a leucocyte). Over to someone else.

Where did the first Hard Rock Cafe open?  Over to someone else.

How many genes are there in the human genome?  No clue- but probably a lot.

What has 4 wheels and flies?  A 4 wheeled flying machine?  A plane with 4 wheels?

hanna, Marie is right, your answers are really fun to read  :)....  Is the dollar coin called a loonie because Harper is on it? :D

right on, practice, practice, practice

Alex Trebek of jeopardy was born in Canada

the answer to the lymphocytes question...is T cells

The first Hard Rock Cafe opened in London

You're right about the sofa....I think there is a cigarette by that same name

80,000 genes in the human genome

What has 4 wheels and flies?.....a garbage truck, i know, that question stinks :o

Where in Canada is the 'Polar Bear Capital of the World' located?

How many eggs does a chicken lay per day?

Which is the only vein in the body to carry oxygenated blood?

Where in the body would you find the islets of Langerhans?

What animal keeps the best time?

In 2000, the city of Flin Flon, Manitoba became Canada's official what?

I don't expect anyone to get this one:    In the old reruns of I love Lucy, in their apartment, above the piano, is an arrangement of pictures.  There is one large picture surrounded by how many smaller pictures?

Hi pj,

You seem to know our politics - Harper on the Loonie - too funny  :D  It is the loon (bird). What is on the other side?

MARIE, help me out here if you can!!!    :yippee: :yippee:    :)

Where in Canada is the 'Polar Bear Capital of the World' located? Churchill, Manitoba. A group of photographers from my area went up there to "shoot" them in October. What is the name of the vehicle that they were on (in) when they went to watch polar bears in Churchill?

How many eggs does a chicken lay per day?  PJ you have got to be kidding!!! I laughed at this one - so we are back to chickens!!! Well, it really depends on the type of chicken, doesn't it. Usually one or two. What kind of chicken lays the most eggs? What bird lays the biggest eggs?

Which is the only vein in the body to carry oxygenated blood?  The pulmonary vein - it carries oxygenated blood from the lungs to the heart.

Where in the body would you find the islets of Langerhans?  The pancreas.

What animal keeps the best time?  Good question. Really good question.  :D

In 2000, the city of Flin Flon, Manitoba became Canada's official what?  Medical marijuana.

I don't expect anyone to get this one:    In the old reruns of I love Lucy, in their apartment, above the piano, is an arrangement of pictures.  There is one large picture surrounded by how many smaller pictures?  Absolutely no clue, no clue.

What river separates Texas from Mexico?

What song is probably sung more often than any other?

What is the difference between a regular zebra and a Grevy zebra? (Yup, it has to do with the stripes.)

How many eggs does a chicken lay per day?  PJ you have got to be kidding!!! I laughed at this one - so we are back to chickens!!! Well, it really depends on the type of chicken, doesn't it. Usually one or two. What kind of chicken lays the most eggs? What bird lays the biggest eggs?

I think the brown ones lay the most eggs, mainly because I see more brown eggs being sold in the grocery store. Do ostriches lay eggs? I wish I could eat eggs in w/d.

In 2000, the city of Flin Flon, Manitoba became Canada's official what?  Medical marijuana.

What's up with all the Canada questions? Anyway, I like the answer "medical marijuana" even though I'm not sure how that is an official something. I'll guess "Home to famous game show hosts."

I don't expect anyone to get this one:    In the old reruns of I love Lucy, in their apartment, above the piano, is an arrangement of pictures.  There is one large picture surrounded by how many smaller pictures?  Absolutely no clue, no clue.

They had a piano? I'll just guess seven.

What river separates Texas from Mexico? The Rio Grande

What song is probably sung more often than any other? Since Canada is so popular, and is maybe still part of the Commonwealth, I'll say "God Save the Queen"!

What is the difference between a regular zebra and a Grevy zebra? (Yup, it has to do with the stripes.) [One has black and white stripes and the other has white and black stripes?

Oh yeah, I forgot to add my opinion about which animal tells time the best. I think cats do. They know when it's dinner time, breakfast time, time for you to let them out, in, etc.

Hi Marie,

All the Canada questions are because I am Canadian so pj was testing my local knowledge - it has been a hard slog, but am managing.

Will have to find out from pj about the egg thing - I like your answer.

Yup - ostrich eggs!!!

Believe it or not, I think my answer about Flin Flon is correct - but again, let us check with our ethernet expert: pj.

Right about the Rio Grande.

I think "Happy Birthday" is the most commonly sung song - but God Save the Queen works for me, too.

A regular zebra has regular stripes. A grevy zebra has "shadow" stripes - they have the same stripes, but have an extra shorter light stripe between the stripes.

I like the cat answer, too!!!

Hi Marie,

All the Canada questions are because I am Canadian so pj was testing my local knowledge - it has been a hard slog, but am managing.

Will have to find out from pj about the egg thing - I like your answer.

Yup - ostrich eggs!!!

Believe it or not, I think my answer about Flin Flon is correct - but again, let us check with our ethernet expert: pj.

Right about the Rio Grande.

I think "Happy Birthday" is the most commonly sung song - but God Save the Queen works for me, too.

A regular zebra has regular stripes. A grevy zebra has "shadow" stripes - they have the same stripes, but have an extra shorter light stripe between the stripes.

I like the cat answer, too!!!

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear hanna, Happy Birthday to you"!....Yes, the most sung song is Happy Birthday.  Don't know if i am early or late with that song.

The egg thing........Rhode Island Reds are good for laying brown eggs, ......White Leghorns are real good egg producers, and an Ostrich egg can weigh over 3 pounds.  I know someone who raises chickens, my chicken information comes from him.  A chickens average is 1 egg a day. 

hanna, the flin flon answer is correct

A garbage truck has 4 wheels and flies. :D

The animal that keeps the best time is a Watch dog...I got that one from my 7 year old niece

Enough Canadian questions for awhile, Canadians can be right proud of hanna :)

Oh, i almost forgot.  Marie, i don't know how you did it, but you are right on the I Love Lucy question.  There are indeed 7 small  pictures arrranged around the 1 large one above the piano, or maybe it's a buffet.  I haven't seen any of those crazy shows for awhile.

I'm glad I found this thread! I'm having fun with it. I went back and read some of the older questions/answers just for fun!

I just guessed on the I Love Lucy question! I guess I was lucky!

One of your old questions was about the Icelandic volcanic eruption of 2010. Per my very authoritative source, a cat named it: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/volcano_name

Look forward to more questions, and giving some dumb answers!

More questions from the list of Completely Useless Facts :)

1.  Who was the voice of E.T.?

2.  What inspired the invention of the microwave?

3.  What country contains the most English speakers?

4.  What is Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiakitnatahu?

5.  How long is a goldfish's memory span?