Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Put on your thinking caps! It's question and answer time.

[...]

Yes eli, watching kids can definitely make one tired. They have the stamina of the energizer bunny.

What does R.C.M.P. stand for?

Which organ is inflamed when one is suffering from Nephritis?

What on an animal is a scut?

In which organ of the body is the pineal gland?

How many bits are there in a byte?

Where is the so called funny bone?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [ha...]

• [cu...]

• [ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

What does R.C.M.P. stand for?  Royal Canadian Mounted Police (thanks pj). Question: What colour is the strip on their dress uniform pants?

In which organ of the body is the pineal gland? Brain, beside the thalamus.

Where is the so called funny bone? Elbow - it is the ulnar nerve crossing the elbow. It is close to the surface, so hurts when the elbow gets hit.

What does R.C.M.P. stand for?  Royal Canadian Mounted Police (thanks pj). Question: What colour is the strip on their dress uniform pants?

In which organ of the body is the pineal gland? Brain, beside the thalamus.

Where is the so called funny bone? Elbow - it is the ulnar nerve crossing the elbow. It is close to the surface, so hurts when the elbow gets hit.

Good morning to my northern neighbor.  hanna, I think the stripes are yellow. The Mounties have a rich history, and definitely are deeply ingrained in Canadian Culture. I imagine that little kids, and some ladies too, are in awe of them when they are in  those colorful dress uniforms.

True or False: The speed of a snail is .03 mph?

What is the most frequently sung song, in any language?

On what day of creation did God make the sun, the moon and the stars?

Which part of your body would a Dermatologist be interested in?

What does "You can't see the forest for the trees" mean.?

HI Southern Neighbour,

Yes, the stripes are yellow. Yes they look pretty amazing. You should do see them do the musical ride (on horses, of course).

What is the most frequently sung song, in any language?  Happy Birthday

Which part of your body would a Dermatologist be interested in?  Skin

What does "You can't see the forest for the trees" mean.?  You are looking at the details of a situation and don't see the big picture.

True or False: The speed of a snail is .03 mph? maybe, if it's a fast snail (it's about 2.5 ft/min)

On what day of creation did God make the sun, the moon and the stars? first day

Which organ is inflamed when one is suffering from Nephritis?

The liver?

True or False: The speed of a snail is .03 mph? maybe, if it's a fast snail (it's about 2.5 ft/min)

On what day of creation did God make the sun, the moon and the stars? first day

HI Southern Neighbour,

Yes, the stripes are yellow. Yes they look pretty amazing. You should do see them do the musical ride (on horses, of course).

What is the most frequently sung song, in any language?  Happy Birthday

Which part of your body would a Dermatologist be interested in?  Skin

What does "You can't see the forest for the trees" mean.?  You are looking at the details of a situation and don't see the big picture.

Hi honeym.....actually it is the kidneys, good guess though

eli, I don't know how it was determined, but someone figured that it was .03 mph, a snails pace, no matter how you look at it.

hanna, You described the forest one really well.

Happy Birthday, must be sung millions of times a day, given the number of people in the world.

What is a twit pic?

Which country in North America has the largest land area?

Who rules in a Plutocracy?

How old was Anne Frank when she died at the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp?

TRUE OR FALSE: It takes 200 muscles to take a single step forward?

What does the saying, a "Pig in a Poke mean"?

What does the saying, "Rome Was Not Built In one Day mean"?

What is a twit pic? No idea.

Which country in North America has the largest land area? Canada  (thanks again, pj).

Who rules in a Plutocracy? Pluto  :D

How old was Anne Frank when she died at the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp? No idea

TRUE OR FALSE: It takes 200 muscles to take a single step forward? Debatable - depends how you walk; main ones are gastrocnemius, soleus, hamstrings, quadriceps, glutei, peroneus longus, brevis and tertius, interossei of the feet, sartorius, gracilis  .......  maybe 200 - don't know!

:idiot: Crazy, eh?

What does the saying, a "Pig in a Poke mean"? Not good, but don't know.

What does the saying, "Rome Was Not Built In one Day mean"?  It takes a long time to finish something big, so don't get impatient.

Over to you:

What is the largest fresh body of water in North America?

What is the biggest fresh water lake in the world?

What is the second-biggest?

What are the names of all the Great Lakes?

What country has the greatest land mass in the world?

Which country in North America has the largest land area? Canada  (thanks again, pj).

How old was Anne Frank when she died at the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp? No idea

TRUE OR FALSE: It takes 200 muscles to take a single step forward? Debatable - depends how you walk; main ones are gastrocnemius, soleus, hamstrings, quadriceps, glutei, peroneus longus, brevis and tertius, interossei of the feet, sartorius, gracilis  .......  maybe 200 - don't know!

What does the saying, "Rome Was Not Built In one Day mean"?  It takes a long time to finish something big, so don't get impatient.

Over to you:

A twitpic is a picture on Twitter

YOUR RIGHT! A Plutocracy is  ruled by Pluto and his second in command is... Goofy :laugh:. Actually it is ruled by the wealthy, leaves me out. That was one funny answer, hanna

I don't know how anyone can say, for certain that it is 200 muscles.

Anne Frank was only fifteen years old :(

A pig in a poke means a deal that is made without first examining it.

Over to you:

Lake Superior

Don't know

Don't know

Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie, and Ontario

I would have to say Russia

Lake Superior YES !!

Don't know: Lake Bacal, Russia.

Don't know: Lake Superior

Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie, and Ontario: YUP!!!! (20% of fresh water in the world)

I would have to say Russia: YES!!! (p.s. Canada is the second largest, right pj??)  :D

Who was sometimes referred to as the 'Canadian Mozart'?

During WW2 everybody in the U.S, who could do so, planted a vegetable garden. What were these gardens called?

What is cloud computing?

Howard Hughes built the 'Spruce Goose', what was it?

To the delight of millions of mothers, what year did Pampers come on the market?

What does the saying: "The ball is in your court", mean?

What does the saying: 'Wag the dog" mean?

I want to know what question cannot be answered using google.

My wife says "what is my favorite color?"

Your favorite color is blue, your wife's is red.

The answer to your question regarding what question cannot be answered on Google is: How many of the Wall Street occupiers own stock in the companies they are protesting.

HI Ghostship,

So was PJ right??

Good point, though!!

Let me see what I can do with today's daily double:

Who was sometimes referred to as the 'Canadian Mozart'?  Don't know.  >:(

During WW2 everybody in the U.S, who could do so, planted a vegetable garden. What were these gardens called? Victory Gardens.

What is cloud computing?  God's will??

Howard Hughes built the 'Spruce Goose', what was it? I think it was an airplane.

To the delight of millions of mothers, what year did Pampers come on the market?  No idea.

What does the saying: "The ball is in your court", mean?  It is your turn to deal with the issue.

What does the saying: 'Wag the dog" mean?  Is that the same thing as "the tail wagging the dog?". If it is, I think it means that the wrong people are running things.

Question I can't find an answer to: Why are people from Indiana called hoosiers? What does it mean??

Why do geese fly in a V formation?

HI Ghostship,

So was PJ right??

Good point, though!!

Let me see what I can do with today's daily double:

Who was sometimes referred to as the 'Canadian Mozart'?  Don't know.  >:(

During WW2 everybody in the U.S, who could do so, planted a vegetable garden. What were these gardens called? Victory Gardens.

What is cloud computing?  God's will??

Howard Hughes built the 'Spruce Goose', what was it? I think it was an airplane.

To the delight of millions of mothers, what year did Pampers come on the market?  No idea.

What does the saying: "The ball is in your court", mean?  It is your turn to deal with the issue.

What does the saying: 'Wag the dog" mean?  Is that the same thing as "the tail wagging the dog?". If it is, I think it means that the wrong people are running things.

Question I can't find an answer to: Why are people from Indiana called hoosiers? What does it mean??

Why do geese fly in a V formation?

I think Hoosier means, hoosyer favorite team. :D

The Canadian Mozart was Andre' Mathieu. He was composing at age 4, Mozart was 6 when he was composing.

Cloud computing refers to delivering hosted services over the Internet. I liked your answer better.

I think I dropped the question part of this and in my zeal to "play" let others drop off - sorry.  ;D  :-\

Anyway, let me try to get us back up so we can get some questions.

Answer to last answer.

Thanks for answer to hoosier - always wondered and have never had a better answer than this one.

Some new ones:

Who is Lonesome George?

What is the national bird of the USA?

What is the national animal of Canada?

Where would you find Greenwich Mean Time?

What time of year is maple syrup made?

I think I dropped the question part of this and in my zeal to "play" let others drop off - sorry.   ;D   :-\

Anyway, let me try to get us back up so we can get some questions.

Answer to last answer.

Thanks for answer to hoosier - always wondered and have never had a better answer than this one.

Some new ones:

Who is Lonesome George?

What is the national bird of the USA?

What is the national animal of Canada?

Where would you find Greenwich Mean Time?

What time of year is maple syrup made?

I'm sorry, :( hanna

I haven't been to this thread for awhile, just noticed that you posted some questions.

The only George I can think of is Gobel.

The Bald Eagle. Been Franklin wanted it to be the turkey :D

Don't know the national animal of Canada.

I think GMT is associated with Britain.

I would have to say Spring, when the sap is running at it's best.

Which bird turns it's head upside down to eat?

In Mash, what was radars favorite drink?

True or false: The Mona Lisa was painted on wood?

What do you give on the third wedding anniversary?

hanna

Buddie

Re: the chicken or the egg....Can anyone offer any advice on raising chickens?

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 09:07:52 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay!

So I did learn one thing about chickens this summer. Was talking to someone in her kitchen. In walked a chicken and sat at her feet. Apparently the chicken was lonely, because the other chicken, her friend, was sitting on an egg and wouldn't play with her. So I did learn it is a good idea to have 3 chickens, not just one.

Hanna, I needed a good laugh this morning, so I took another look at the crazy chicken thread that I started. Did

that chicken actually walk into the kitchen? :laugh:

pj,

Thanks for being understanding on that one - wow was I a little too upset about questions and answers!!!!! Sorry.  ;D  I like that I can chalk things up to benzo wd - but maybe the upset really was benzo wd - actually it probably was. So sorry.  :-*

that is too weird. I read through your questions yesterday, but just got as far as the questions. Today, I went to look at the chicken thread, too - maybe I subliminally saw that part of your post, but I don't think so!! I was going to re-ask your question about raising chickens, to see if you could get an answer.

All stories I posted were true. It was just fun to read the back and forth on that one.

Actually, to answer your last question: yes, the chicken really did walk into the kitchen. It was a special kind of chicken, some sort of "banting?....... -hen" - lots of fluffy feathers, burnt red in colour - very pretty chicken, smaller than chickens I am used to seeing. I was in a small town in the Cotswolds in England in a B&B - name of town and B&B will be kept private - so no health and safety interference. Oh no, this is sounding really untrue again, but it was true. The chicken not only came into the kitchen, but it really did settle down at the feet of the owner. Nice chicken. Ate the chicken's egg for breakfast the next morning - nice, as no chicken was harmed.

Lonesome George is the name of a turtle in the Galapagos who is the last turtle of his kind - so when he dies, they will be extinct. He isn't too lonesome all the time, because he has friends in his compound with him. He is about 80 - they are still trying to find a mate for him - so maybe they can have hybrids, but he isn't too interested. He is still young for a Galapagos turtle: he should live to be about 150 ....... ;D

Don't know the George you noted!!!

The Bald Eagle. Been Franklin wanted it to be the turkey cheesy.  Sort of lucky Ben Franklin didn't get his way and good that the eagle is coming back from endangered.

Don't know the national animal of Canada.  It is the beaver, but one of our Senators wants it to be the polar bear - which most of us have never seen outside a zoo.

I think GMT is associated with Britain. Yup! Standard time.

I would have to say Spring, when the sap is running at it's best.  Yup!!!

Which bird turns it's head upside down to eat?  Nuthatch.

In Mash, what was radars favorite drink?  coke??

True or false: The Mona Lisa was painted on wood?  Yes????

What do you give on the third wedding anniversary? Over to someone else.

Will try to think of more questions.  :D

Been awhile since I've been here - resting my brain I guess. Actually, I've been cleaning out closets and the crawl space - not fun, but that's something I couldn't have done a couple months ago so I will call it "improvement" and keep on going.

In Mash, what was radars favorite drink? It was Nehi but not sure if it was orange or grape. I liked both back in the day although orange Crush was the best. 

What do you give on the third wedding anniversary? something leather

Clueless on the rest.

Hi Eli,

Glad to hear that you were able to get some tidying done!

Glad you are back....Now we just have to wait for pj to let us know what the real answers were.

Cheers

pj,

Thanks for being understanding on that one - wow was I a little too upset about questions and answers!!!!! Sorry.  ;D  I like that I can chalk things up to benzo wd - but maybe the upset really was benzo wd - actually it probably was. So sorry.  :-*

that is too weird. I read through your questions yesterday, but just got as far as the questions. Today, I went to look at the chicken thread, too - maybe I subliminally saw that part of your post, but I don't think so!! I was going to re-ask your question about raising chickens, to see if you could get an answer.

All stories I posted were true. It was just fun to read the back and forth on that one.

Actually, to answer your last question: yes, the chicken really did walk into the kitchen. It was a special kind of chicken, some sort of "banting?....... -hen" - lots of fluffy feathers, burnt red in colour - very pretty chicken, smaller than chickens I am used to seeing. I was in a small town in the Cotswolds in England in a B&B - name of town and B&B will be kept private - so no health and safety interference. Oh no, this is sounding really untrue again, but it was true. The chicken not only came into the kitchen, but it really did settle down at the feet of the owner. Nice chicken. Ate the chicken's egg for breakfast the next morning - nice, as no chicken was harmed.

Lonesome George is the name of a turtle in the Galapagos who is the last turtle of his kind - so when he dies, they will be extinct. He isn't too lonesome all the time, because he has friends in his compound with him. He is about 80 - they are still trying to find a mate for him - so maybe they can have hybrids, but he isn't too interested. He is still young for a Galapagos turtle: he should live to be about 150 ....... ;D

Don't know the George you noted!!!

The Bald Eagle. Been Franklin wanted it to be the turkey cheesy.  Sort of lucky Ben Franklin didn't get his way and good that the eagle is coming back from endangered.

Don't know the national animal of Canada.  It is the beaver, but one of our Senators wants it to be the polar bear - which most of us have never seen outside a zoo.

I think GMT is associated with Britain. Yup! Standard time.

I would have to say Spring, when the sap is running at it's best.  Yup!!!

Which bird turns it's head upside down to eat?  Nuthatch.

In Mash, what was radars favorite drink?  coke??

True or false: The Mona Lisa was painted on wood?  Yes????

What do you give on the third wedding anniversary? Over to someone else.

Will try to think of more questions.  :D

Hi there, hanna

The bird who turns it's head upside down to eat is a Flamingo ???

I wonder why da Vinci used wood as a canvas for the Mona Lisa.

Been awhile since I've been here - resting my brain I guess. Actually, I've been cleaning out closets and the crawl space - not fun, but that's something I couldn't have done a couple months ago so I will call it "improvement" and keep on going.

In Mash, what was radars favorite drink? It was Nehi but not sure if it was orange or grape. I liked both back in the day although orange Crush was the best. 

What do you give on the third wedding anniversary? something leather

Clueless on the rest.

Good to see you back, eli.

It sounds like you got some motivation back. That's a good sign that you are healing.

It was grape Nehi

It is leather

Peterbilt and Kenworth are a type, of what?

What was the gangsters George Nelson's nickname?

True or false: A snake hears with it's tongue?

What was Lot's wife turned into?

What does a tailor do with his plonker?

Would you eat an Edzell blue?

What does wear your heart on your sleeve mean?

If you guys get stumped, go ahead and look em' up.  We're just doing this for fun, and to keep our brains tuned-up.