Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Put on your thinking caps! It's question and answer time.

[...]

True or False: The Bible contains 774,000 words? King James Version has a few thousand more I believe - true 

How much milk does the average cow give per year? maybe between 1000 and 2000 gal?

Can you name four pro football teams? yes Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore Ravens (I actually memorized the teams in each division this winter to try to overcome benzo brain. Benzo brain remains, but I know all 32 teams - small consolation.) 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [ha...]

• [cu...]

• [ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

True or false about words in the Bible: No idea.

How much milk does the average cow give per year? Depends on type of cow (cop out answer  :D)

True or False: Mozart was six years old when he gave his first concerto? True

Which is heavier-milk or cream? Milk

Are more Calico cats likely to be male or female? Female

Can you name four pro football teams? Nope

On what part of the body would you wear Espadrilles? Feet???

Question: How do you find so many questions, pj????

You did really well hanna.  :yippee: The cow really does make a difference. Jerseys and Holsteins are big producers.

Where do I find so many questions? It's about 50-50 between my natural curiosity and from trivia books. I also watch a lot of documentaries and try to recall what they were about.

I would love for you to ask some questions.

True or False: The Bible contains 774,000 words? King James Version has a few thousand more I believe - true 

How much milk does the average cow give per year? maybe between 1000 and 2000 gal?

Can you name four pro football teams? yes Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, Baltimore Ravens (I actually memorized the teams in each division this winter to try to overcome benzo brain. Benzo brain remains, but I know all 32 teams - small consolation.) 

That is a lot of words......they must have hired Count Von Count from Sesame Street to do the counting.

You're doing great. When I first came on this site I couldn't even form a paragraph, forgot what the enter key was used for.

If you can think of some questions to ask , feel free to do so.

Bram Stoker was sick as a kid, but of what?

Hi Sigma! My answer to the above would be: Anemia.

Just kidding.  :laugh:

As for the question asked regarding the females in Scooby-Doo, the long-haired red head is Daphne and the short-haired brunette with glasses is Velma. 

True of False: A paisley pattern is sometimes called Persian Pickles?

Many of us have watched the re-runs of " Leave it to Beaver"...what was his house address for the first two seasons?

Can you name one of his teachers?

What does Toys for Tots do?

What country is the largest producer of maple syrup?....it is not the U.S.

When is the next U.S. presidential election.

Idiom:  Smell something-----

In Scrabble how many letters have a value of 2?

Which is the only vowel on a standard keyboard that is not on the top line of letters?

Kimba...yes it is Daphne and Velma :)

What country is the largest producer of maple syrup?....it is not the U.S. CANADA!!!!! :yippee:

Which is the only vowel on a standard keyboard that is not on the top line of letters? A

What is the name of the key board layout that was organized to make typing faster, relative to the typical "QWERTY" keyboard?

Good job Eli, Pj and Hanna

Where is the term skipper derived from?

What is the most common eye color ?

What is the longest river in the world?  The Nile

Where is the City of Lights?

What country is the largest producer of maple syrup?....it is not the U.S. CANADA!!!!! :yippee:

Which is the only vowel on a standard keyboard that is not on the top line of letters? A

What is the name of the key board layout that was organized to make typing faster, relative to the typical "QWERTY" keyboard?

hello hanna,

Canada, eh......I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you live in Canada :)

What is the name of the key board layout that was organized to make typing faster, relative to the typical "QWERTY" keyboard? Dvorak

Hi eli,

Did you see all the questions that I posted this morning?.....thought you may have over-looked them since you didn't answer any.

Do I REALLY have to answer that???? Yuck:  :tickedoff:

Stephen Harper from Alberta- won his first majority government with 40% of the popular vote - gotta love our political system!

Who was the first NDP leader of the opposition?

Which Canadian Prime Minister won the Nobel Peace Prize?

Which Canadian Prime Minister said "The government has no place in the bedrooms of the nation?"

PJ, Tried to answer your questions and those were all the ones I could get without looking up answers. ???  If noone gets them tomorrow, I will start to look them up.

Guess I have lots of Canadian trivia bouncing around in this brain somewhere! Maybe even other trivia:

Where do albatross sleep when they are over the ocean for 6 months without touching land?

What liquid is lighter when it is frozen than when it is in liquid form?

Do I REALLY have to answer that???? Yuck:  :tickedoff:

Stephen Harper from Alberta- won his first majority government with 40% of the popular vote - gotta love our political system!

Who was the first NDP leader of the opposition?

Which Canadian Prime Minister won the Nobel Peace Prize?

Which Canadian Prime Minister said "The government has no place in the bedrooms of the nation?"

That would be Lester Pearson who won the Nobel Peace prize.........don't know the answer to the others.

I have to tell you that I was in Stratford, Ontario for one of the Shakespear plays sometime ago. I really liked the area.

PJ, Tried to answer your questions and those were all the ones I could get without looking up answers. ???  If noone gets them tomorrow, I will start to look them up.

Guess I have lots of Canadian trivia bouncing around in this brain somewhere! Maybe even other trivia:

Where do albatross sleep when they are over the ocean for 6 months without touching land?

What liquid is lighter when it is frozen than when it is in liquid form?

water

Tell me about the albatross

I will see you tomorrow...it's been a long day, i'm going to go and get some sack time, have a good night.

Good one with Lester Pearson!!

First NDP leader of the opposition was Jack Layton. He won last spring, sat in parliament in May, then died of cancer in August - great statesman and big loss.

Pierre Trudeau said the government does not belong in the bedroom of the nations when the government made homosexuality legal in Canada.

Albatross have interesting brains. They can put 95% of it to sleep while they continue flying. I think that is pretty amazing.

I like Stratford, too. It is a pretty town and the theatre (theater) is good. Do you remember what you saw?

Okay, let's see:

How do you say "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall" in Latin?

What muscle in the human body produces the greatest force for its size?

How many provinces in Canada?

What do Canadians call their one dollar coin? Why?

What kind of dog is the tallest?

Which of the contiguous US States has the smallest number of acres under water (that is, in lakes and rivers)?

Which state is most connected to the Harley-Davidson?

We need Eli for all your other questions!!!!

First NDP leader of the opposition was Jack Layton. He won last spring, sat in parliament in May, then died of cancer in August - great statesman and big loss.

Pierre Trudeau said the government does not belong in the bedroom of the nations when the government made homosexuality legal in Canada.

Albatross have interesting brains. They can put 95% of it to sleep while they continue flying. I think that is pretty amazing.

I like Stratford, too. It is a pretty town and the theatre (theater) is good. Do you remember what you saw?

Okay, let's see:

How do you say "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall" in Latin? N/A

What muscle in the human body produces the greatest force for its size? Heart

How many provinces in Canada? BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Quebec--"for now", Ontario, Nova Scotia, Manitoba, ...

What do Canadians call their one dollar coin? Why?  Loonie. Obvious Reasons.... they make a two dollar coin..

What kind of dog is the tallest?  The one smart enough to stand on two legs. "Two legs good four legs bad".

Which of the contiguous US States has the smallest number of acres under water (that is, in lakes and rivers)? New Mexico

Which state is most connected to the Harley-Davidson? N/A

Okay, let's see:

How do you say "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall" in Latin?

What muscle in the human body produces the greatest force for its size?

How many provinces in Canada?

What do Canadians call their one dollar coin? Why?

What kind of dog is the tallest?

Which of the contiguous US States has the smallest number of acres under water (that is, in lakes and rivers)?

Which state is most connected to the Harley-Davidson?

hanna, I saw A Midsummer Night's Dream when I was in Statford. It isn't my favorite, I like Taming of the Shrew more than that one.

What is the name of the key board layout that was organized to make typing faster, relative to the typical "QWERTY" keyboard? Dvorak

Hi eli,

Did you see all the questions that I posted this morning?.....thought you may have over-looked them since you didn't answer any.

I was watching our grandson and haven’t been on-line till now. He tires me out. Need a rest. I can answer some of the questions.

True of False: A paisley pattern is sometimes called Persian Pickles? true

Many of us have watched the re-runs of " Leave it to Beaver"...what was his house address for the first two seasons? 485 Mapleton Drive

Can you name one of his teachers? Miss Landers

What does Toys for Tots do? Collect toys for needy children

When is the next U.S. presidential election. November 2012 (Who to vote for? is the real question)

In Scrabble how many letters have a value of 2? Two (B and D)

What liquid is lighter when it is frozen than when it is in liquid form? Water

Which state is most connected to the Harley-Davidson? Pennsylvania (York) They were bomb makers during WWII before they started making Hogs.

How do you say "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall" in Latin? Pig Latin: Umpty-hay umpty-day at-say on-way a-way all-way.

Thanks for answers to my first "set" of questions!!!

How do you say "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall" in Latin? Eli; great answer. That was pig Latin (I think)!! Love it. In Latin, it was "humptus dumptus in mero sedet".

What muscle in the human body produces the greatest force for its size? Good answer Chris. True. Another muscle is the one that works the jaw, but not because of how often it works, but because of its mechanics: just don't get bitten by a person!

How many provinces in Canada? True.

What do Canadians call their one dollar coin? Why? Good answer - like it better than the one I knew. $1 has a loon on it, hence loonie. $2 has a polar bear on it, hence: toonie (now that one is a silly name, too).

What kind of dog is the tallest? Good answer. If on 4 legs, it would be an Irish Wolfhound. Any big dog on two legs is too big.

Which of the contiguous US States has the smallest number of acres under water (that is, in lakes and rivers)? I thought it was Indiana, but went back and you are right - however, I guess there is some discussion about it being Arizona.

Which state is most connected to the Harley-Davidson? Thanks - didn't know that connection.