Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Put on your thinking caps! It's question and answer time.

[...]

The same word can be added to the end of GRASS and to the beginning of SCAPE to form two other words. What is it?

Pear is to apple as potato is to which of the following: banana-radish-apple-peach- lettuce?

If you count from 1-100, how many 7's will you pass on the way: 10, 11, 19, 20, or 21?

Which same three letter word can be placed in front of the following words: sign,done,duct,found,firm, and tract to make a new word?

True or false: There are 18 different animal shapes in a box of Nabisco's Barnum's Animal Crackers.

What was the name of the Doctor who assisted Sherlock Holmes?

-Grassland and Landscape

-Radish

-Con

-True

-Dr. Watson

I think there maybe 11 7's  cause 77 counts as two...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [ha...]

• [cu...]

• [ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

The same word can be added to the end of GRASS and to the beginning of SCAPE to form two other words. What is it?

Pear is to apple as potato is to which of the following: banana-radish-apple-peach- lettuce?

If you count from 1-100, how many 7's will you pass on the way: 10, 11, 19, 20, or 21?

Which same three letter word can be placed in front of the following words: sign,done,duct,found,firm, and tract to make a new word?

True or false: There are 18 different animal shapes in a box of Nabisco's Barnum's Animal Crackers.

-Grassland and Landscape

-Radish

-Con

-True

-Dr. Watson

I think there maybe 11 7's  cause 77 counts as two...

Kian and jj...the correct answer is 20.....jj you're right about 77 counting as 2, but... don't forget to count 71,72,73,74,75,76,78 Answer: 7-17-27-37-47-57-67-70,,71,72,73,74,75,76,,78,79,89,99 and 77 =2 for a total of 20  

Excellent, Kian

-Grassland and Landscape

-Radish

-Con

-True

-Dr. Watson

I think there maybe 11 7's  cause 77 counts as two...

Kian and jj...the correct answer is 20.....jj you're right about 77 counting as 2, but... don't forget to count 71,72,73,74,75,76,78 Answer: 7-17-27-37-47-57-67-70,,71,72,73,74,75,76,,78,79,89,99 and 77 =2 for a total of 20  

Excellent, Kian

Math is the worst for me.  Always has been since I started benzos.  I lost my common sense.  That was actually the easiest question and I missed it.  Ever see that movie The Brain with Steve Martin?  I think the benzos cooked my 7's, but since a CPA also got it wrong, I will cut myself some slack.

Kian

-Grassland and Landscape

-Radish

-Con

-True

-Dr. Watson

I think there maybe 11 7's  cause 77 counts as two...

Excellent, Kian

Math is the worst for me.  Always has been since I started benzos.  I lost my common sense.  That was actually the easiest question and I missed it.  Ever see that movie The Brain with Steve Martin?  I think the benzos cooked my 7's, but since a CPA also got it wrong, I will cut myself some slack.

Kian

Kian, don't be so hard on yourself, more than half the people get it wrong, and they are not withdrawing from benzos. You got all the others correct. this question is not as easy as it seems, it tricks the mind. 

What prestigious sporting title did Aussie Samantha Stoser win in the last week in the U.S on the East Coast, beating that amazon looking woman?

Who is Edward John Eyre?

Who is Emile Cioran?

Hi arafurapearl,

U.S Open singles

Australian explorer

Don't know who Emile Cioran is

"Break a Leg" is a well known idiom used by actors before they go on stage; what does it mean?

What vowel comes midway between j and t?

On film credits we see the title "Best Boy".......what are his duties around the movie set?

Mushie Niblick is an old golfing term for a seven iron: true or false?

One of the deadliest forms of vegetation is the death cap, which can kill a human who eats it in a few minutes. What form of vegetation is the death cap?

Does light travel more quickly through water or through air?

"Break a Leg" is a well known idiom used by actors before they go on stage; what does it mean?

What vowel comes midway between j and t?

On film credits we see the title "Best Boy".......what are his duties around the movie set? He moves the camera .

Mushie Niblick is an old golfing term for a seven iron: true or false?

One of the deadliest forms of vegetation is the death cap, which can kill a human who eats it in a few minutes. What form of vegetation is the death cap? mushroom

Does light travel more quickly through water or through air? water

completely forgot about the 70 series.....ah welll.....

the correct answer is 20.....jj you're right about 77 counting as 2, but... don't forget to count 71,72,73,74,75,76,78 Answer: 7-17-27-37-47-57-67-70,,71,72,73,74,75,76,,78,79,89,99 and 77 =2 for a total of 20  

honeym, in the acting business..."break a leg" means 'good luck'!

How many flavors of ice cream does Baskin Robbins have?

According to the song lyrics, where did Puff The Magic Dragon frolic in the autumn mist?

Who is the largest of the sesame Street puppets?

There are 1200 elephants in a herd. Some have pink and green stripes, some are all pink and some are all blue. One third are pure pink. Is it true that 400 elephants are definitely blue?

completely forgot about the 70 series.....ah welll.....

the correct answer is 20.....jj you're right about 77 counting as 2, but... don't forget to count 71,72,73,74,75,76,78 Answer: 7-17-27-37-47-57-67-70,,71,72,73,74,75,76,,78,79,89,99 and 77 =2 for a total of 20 

honeym, in the acting business..."break a leg" means 'good luck'!

How many flavors of ice cream does Baskin Robbins have?

According to the song lyrics, where did Puff The Magic Dragon frolic in the autumn mist?

Who is the largest of the sesame Street puppets?

There are 1200 elephants in a herd. Some have pink and green stripes, some are all pink and some are all blue. One third are pure pink. Is it true that 400 elephants are definitely blue?

Name the twelve disciples

31 flavors

land of honalee

No, The other 800 elephants can be any mix of all blue and pink and green stripes.

honeym,

The twelve disiples are: Simon (Peter) -Andrew-James-John- Phillip-Bartholomew-Matthew-Thomas - James(son of Alphaeus)-Thaddeus-Simon-Judas

In 1950 how many stars were there on the American flag?

What is the pirates flag with skull and crossbones called?

How many books in the bible?

Daylight savings ends on Nov.6........which direction do we change our clocks?

True or false: The Orbicularis Occuli is the most actice muscle in our body?...(hint) It controls movement of the iris.

The adult body contains how many bones?

In 1950 how many stars were there on the American flag?

What is the pirates flag with skull and crossbones called?

How many books in the bible?

Daylight savings ends on Nov.6........which direction do we change our clocks?

True or false: The Orbicularis Occuli is the most actice muscle in our body?...(hint) It controls movement of the iris.

The adult body contains how many bones?

honeym....I had some help with the two James'

Answers to yesterday's questions

48 stars

Jolly Roger

66 books

turn your clocks back

true

206 bones in the adult body

Who invented bifocals?

"Tripitakas" are scriptures of what religion?

Which is the world's fastest computer?

What country is known for the autobahn?

What is the gestation time for an elephant?

What was Ricky Ricardo's nationality? aka  Desi Arnaz

Isn't the heart muscle the most active?

Some people have an extra bone in one of the tendons at the wrist - called a sesamoid bone, because it floats in the tendon. Would add an extra bone to those people's body.

Who invented bifocals?

What country is known for the autobahn? Germany

What is the gestation time for an elephant?  2 years?

What was Ricky Ricardo's nationality? aka  Desi Arnaz  Cuban

Bifocals were invented by Benjamin Franklin.

"Tripitakas " are canons of the Buddist religion.

The fasest computer is Japan's K computer in Kobe, invented by Fujitsu.

Isn't the heart muscle the most active?

Some people have an extra bone in one of the tendons at the wrist - called a sesamoid bone, because it floats in the tendon. Would add an extra bone to those people's body.

Hi hanna,

Thanks for the info on the sesamoid bone. You're right about the heart muscle, it is estimated to beat around 103,000 a day, whereas the muscles related to eye function are estimated to move about 100,000 time a day.

Who invented bifocals?

What country is known for the autobahn? Germany

What is the gestation time for an elephant?  2 years?

What was Ricky Ricardo's nationality? aka  Desi Arnaz  Cuban

Bifocals were invented by Benjamin Franklin.

"Tripitakas " are canons of the Buddist religion.

The fasest computer is Japan's K computer in Kobe, invented by Fujitsu.

Hi honeym and arafurapearl,

You are both correct.....Arafurapearl, is that your Dalmation featured in your avatar? I used to have one, she was the greatest dog ever. I got her from an animal shelter and named  her Mitzi.

What is the French word for apple?

What is the the world's highest waterfall?

There is the Super Bowl, the Orange Bowl, the  Sugar Bowl....what was the Dust Bowl?

What is the full form of DOCOMO?

Who said "Give me liberty or give me death"?

About how much money was spent on Hallowwen candy last year?

Didn't know number of heart beats. Pretty amazing.

Apple in French: Le pomme

Highest waterfall: Angel Falls, Venezuala

Dust bowl: Midwest in 30's (?)

Liberty or death: Patrick Henry

Over to someone else for other answers!

Didn't know number of heart beats. Pretty amazing.

Apple in French: Le pomme

Highest waterfall: Angel Falls, Venezuala

Dust bowl: Midwest in 30's (?)

Liberty or death: Patrick Henry

Over to someone else for other answers!

Hello hanna,

Good answers......I recently watched a documentary on the Dust Bowl. Those were some tough times in America.

DOCOMO stands for: Do Communications Over The Mobile Network.

The amount spent  on Halloween candy last year was about 1.9 billion dollars, that's 598 million lbs.

On the old "Leave it to Beaver" show, what was beaver's last name ?

True or false: The instrument for measuring blood pressure is a Sphygmomanometer.

Who sculpted "The Thinker" statue?

What river crosses the Equator twice?

Which vitamin contains Cobalt?

True or false: The worlds's hottest chili , recognized by Guinness, is Trinidad Scorpion T Pepper at 1,463,700 scoville heat units.

Cleaver was Beaver's last name . He was Theodore " Beaver" Cleaver.

True: A spygmanometer monitors blood pressure.

The thinker (le penseur) was sculpted by Auguste Rodin.

The Congo river crosses the equator twice.

Vitamin B12 contains cobalt.

True: The Trinidad Scorpion Butch T pepper is the hottest chili pepper, & is a new variety.

Yes, Pj the avatar is our Dalmation & he is called Harlequin & Dalmations are indeed exceptional dogs  :smitten:. He is 6 years old & is quite spoilt. He does tie us down a bit though.  Do you have a dog now?