Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Put on your thinking caps! It's question and answer time.

[...]

looked them up, of my guesses I got one kinda right.  And one I knew, already.

'The Big Dig' in Boston, MA......What was it's purpose?

Where is the Sea of Tranquility?

What substance can you drop onto a scorpions head to make it sting itself to death?

Dr. Doofenschmirtz appears in what kid's cartoon?

What is the proper name for a baby horse?

Ok, Im not gonna cheat and look it up. 

Don't know what the Big Dig is.  The sea of tranquility is on the moon.  I like the answer of a colt or it could be a foal.  substance you can drop on scorpions head, I would guess either salt or water.  Don't the cartoon one.

Hi jj nerd,

In a nushell, "The Big Dig" refers to a tunnel in Boston, constructed through the heart of the city, that rerouted busy interstate 93 traffic into it. Someone from Boston, I would imagine knows the complete story. 

The scorpion answer is alcohol.

Your right, a newborn horse is a foal.

The cartoon one is Phineas and Ferb.

Right, The Sea of Tranquility is on the moon.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [ha...]

• [cu...]

• [ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Is a #1 pencil harder or softer than a #2 pencil?

2. What is the nickname of each of these college football teams: Notre Dame, Penn State, Florids State, and Purdue?

3. In America, it's called a radio antenna, In Britain, what is it called?

4. Participants in Rythmic Gymnastics primarily use what 3 objects as props?

Is a #1 pencil harder or softer than a #2 pencil? softer

2. What is the nickname of each of these college football teams: Notre Dame, Penn State, Florids State, and Purdue? ND- Fighting Irish, Penn-don't know FSU- Seminoles? I think they are an indian trip....don't know Purdue.

3. In America, it's called a radio antenna, In Britain, what is it called?  rabbit ears  :laugh:  don't know

4. Participants in Rythmic Gymnastics primarily use what 3 objects as props?  chalk, mat, leotard?    :yippee:  don't know that either.

Is a #1 pencil harder or softer than a #2 pencil? softer

2. What is the nickname of each of these college football teams: Notre Dame, Penn State, Florids State, and Purdue? ND- Fighting Irish, Penn-don't know FSU- Seminoles? I think they are an indian trip....don't know Purdue.

3. In America, it's called a radio antenna, In Britain, what is it called?  rabbit ears  :laugh:  don't know

4. Participants in Rythmic Gymnastics primarily use what 3 objects as props?  chalk, mat, leotard?    :yippee:  don't know that either.

Right, #1 is softer

ND are the Fightin' Irish, very good jj. I really like the song they play after scoring, gives me goose bumps. Florida State is, indeed, the Seminoles..........Purdue Boilmakers, and Penn State Nittany Lions.

Rythmic Gymnastics consists of:  BALL, hoops, ribbons...good guess.

In America, it's called an antenna, in Britain, it's an aerial.

jj...would you like to ask some questions? :)

Rich people need this, poor people have it, and you will die if you eat it.  What am I?

jj....The answer is the same as I am left with after paying my taxes.......NOTHING! ???

How many miles is a marathon foot race?

The shortest French word with all 5 vowels, is the word meaning birds. What is it?

What does the phrase, "A watched pot never boils, " mean?

A marathon is 26.2 miles bit if you want to be technical its 26 miles if you want a whole numbers answer.

avion?  nope doesnt have all the vowels.

hmmm...the last one I think means don't watch the clock, but thats a guess.

You are right to my riddle.

There is a greek symbol expressed as a triangle, what would you call it and what does it mean?

What is the theory called placing the earth at the center of the universe?

What do the English call erasers and rainboots?

The shortest French word containing all 5 vowels meaning, bird is oiseau.

I think the answer to your universe question is Geometric Model.

I don't have an answer for the triangle question.

An eraser is called a rubber, are rainboots galoshes?

In what state is the town of Two Egg located?

What comic strip character said: Dear IRS, please remove me from your mailing list?

As you face the Apple Computer logo, which side of the apple has a bite taken out of it?

Who was the first female justice on the US Supreme Court

The Greek Symbol of the triangle is said as Delta and it's a mathematical symbol for Change.

You were close on the theory of the Universe...it was called the Geocentric theory,  it was replace by the Heliocentric theory.  Copernicus defined it but did not state it until his death bed for feeling that would anger science and religion and be claimed a heretic. 

You are correct on the rubber question.

What comic strip character said: Dear IRS, please remove me from your mailing list? 

As you face the Apple Computer logo, which side of the apple has a bite taken out of it?  left

Who was the first female justice on the US Supreme Court  sandra day oconnor

As you face the Apple Computer logo, which side of the apple has a bite taken out of it?  left

Who was the first female justice on the US Supreme Court  sandra day oconnor

The town of Two Egg is located in Florida.

The bite of the apple is from the right side. When I was once asked that question, I didn't have a clue , honeym

The comic strip character was Snoopy.

Yes, it was Sandra Day O'Connor, appointed by Ronald Reagan

Members of which branch of the military are referred to as Leathernecks and jar heads ?

True or false: The 11th and 12th ribs in the human body are called floating ribs.

Which two graduates of George Washington High School in Alexandria, Virginia became 1960's rock stars who died of drug overdoses?

The wright Brothers made their first flight in what North Carolina town?

Jarheads are considered marines...I do not know if they are leathernecks too.

True...to the rib question...though a guess.

Hmmm....Jimmy Hendrix and Janis Joplin...again a guess...although Jim Morrison comes to mind too.

The last one, I believe is Kitty Hawk.

Members of which branch of the military are referred to as Leathernecks and jar heads ?

True or false: The 11th and 12th ribs in the human body are called floating ribs.

Which two graduates of George Washington High School in Alexandria, Virginia became 1960's rock stars who died of drug overdoses?

The wright Brothers made their first flight in what North Carolina town?

Jarheads are considered marines...I do not know if they are leathernecks too.

True...to the rib question...though a guess.

Hmmm....Jimmy Hendrix and Janis Joplin...again a guess...although Jim Morrison comes to mind too.

The last one, I believe is Kitty Hawk.

Way to go, jj

jarheads and leathernecks...you are correct

It's true, they are called floating ribs because the are not attached to the sternum.

It was Mama Cass, and you are right, it was Jim Morrison

Right again, Kittty Hawk

Which has more calories: a single Twinkie or a 6oz container of Yoplait yogurt with fruit?

What is the most common element used in a computer?

True or false: slander is defamation of character that is spoken....Libel is written or printed.

Most of us have seen bumper stickers that read; We stopped at Wall Drug....where is it located.

True or false: when a young man turns 18, he is required to register with the Selective Service.

Hmmm Twinkie or yoplat....well, Im sure Twinkie is simple sugar but it is less in volume, so I go with the yogurt.

Most common element (as in periodic table) element in computers.  Excellent question but I'm going to guess and after looking this up, im going to research it.  My quick answer woule be plastic but that's not an element.  I know my answer is wrong but I'm thinking of something conducive to electricity..mercury, copper and nickle come to mind.  hmm  so does lead.  I pick lead.

Libel vs. slander.  I think it's the reverse.  I think slander is written and Libel is spoken.

No idea...about Wall Drug.

Given the obvious reflexive would be 18, and it being posed...I'll say false...only because in the State of Alabama the age of majority is 19.

Hmmm Twinkie or yoplat....well, Im sure Twinkie is simple sugar but it is less in volume, so I go with the yogurt.

Most common element (as in periodic table) element in computers.  Excellent question but I'm going to guess and after looking this up, im going to research it.  My quick answer woule be plastic but that's not an element.  I know my answer is wrong but I'm thinking of something conducive to electricity..mercury, copper and nickle come to mind.  hmm  so does lead.  I pick lead.

Libel vs. slander.  I think it's the reverse.  I think slander is written and Libel is spoken.

No idea...about Wall Drug.

Given the obvious reflexive would be 18, and it being posed...I'll say false...only because in the State of Alabama the age of majority is 19.

I like the way you think, jj...... :)

Yogurt is right..it has 170 cal. a Twinkie has 150

As far as the most common element in a computer, I came up with Hafnium...not 100% sure though..

The definition of libel: An untrue defamatory statement in concrete form-such as a writing, cartoon, or film-that injures a person's reputation.....Slander is defamation that is spoken and heard.

Wall Drug is where many people, on their way to Mt. Rushmore, to view the presidents carved in stone, stop to refresh themselves and see all the interesting items they have there. Wall Drug is located in Wall ,South Dakota....The Mt. Rushmore area is beautiful.

All male U S citizens, are required to register with Selective Service within 30 days of their 18th birthday. As far as Alabama, I would imagine that Federal law supersedes state law.

American Falls and Horseshoe Falls are better known as?

Which breed of dog is noted for it's spotted coat?

What event began on April 12th, 1861....hint- it divided the country.

Who directed the Passion of Christ?

The IRS was founded by Abraham Lincoln in 18..

hit the wrong key, got a lot of empty space ???

American Falls and Horseshoe Falls are better known as? Niagara Falls

Which breed of dog is noted for it's spotted coat? Dalmation

What event began on April 12th, 1861....hint- it divided the country. Civil war

Who directed the Passion of Christ? Mel Gibson

[

The definition of libel: An untrue defamatory statement in concrete form-such as a writing, cartoon, or film-that injures a person's reputation.....Slander is defamation that is spoken and heard.

In line with defamation, libel and slander are the medium by which defamation is conveyed.  Name the "subject area" or types of defamation actionable for being defaming, the defense again defamation, and the exception to defamation even if it would hold true for any purpose.

What does E=mc(squared) stand for? 

Why is the sky blue?

What is the third law of motion?

American Falls and Horseshoe Falls are better known as? Niagara Falls

Which breed of dog is noted for it's spotted coat? Dalmation

What event began on April 12th, 1861....hint- it divided the country. Civil war

Who directed the Passion of Christ? Mel Gibson

Good job, honeym........4 gold stars 4 U

The IRS was started in 1862, as a way to fund the war.

[

In line with defamation, libel and slander are the medium by which defamation is conveyed.  Name the "subject area" or types of defamation actionable for being defaming, the defense again defamation, and the exception to defamation even if it would hold true for any purpose.

What does E=mc(squared) stand for? 

Why is the sky blue?

What is the third law of motion?

You came up with some tough ones jj

All I know about it, is that E=energy, M is mass, and C is the speed of light.

I think the color of the sky has to do with wave lengths, etc....don't know the technical terms. I'm just glad that the sky is blue, can you imagine if it was green or brown, talk about depressing.

That must have been some apple that fell on Newton's head, to cause him to come up with those theories. I think the third law of motion states that, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.