Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Put on your thinking caps! It's question and answer time.

[...]

Great Saraann & Pj

The debut Pink Floyd album was The Piper At The Gates of Dawn

The bird that eats with it's head upside down is the Rosy or American Flamingo.

The name of the fictional plantation in "Gone With the Wind" is Tara

"Spider" Sabich, Billy Kidd & Jean Paul Killy were all Alpine ski racers. :smitten:

Spider was a member of the US. ski team in the 1968 Grenoble Olympics. The charismatic & attractive Sabich was living with French singer Claudine Longet the ex wife of Andy Williams for 4 years In Aspen when she accidentally ? killed him with a gun. Claudine got off lightly with a charge of misdemeanour negligent homicide. I remember reading at the time that Spider had been flirting heavily with some waitress in Aspen.

Billy Kidd was a US. ski team member & is a direct descendent of William Kidd the famous pirate. He can be seen around Steamboat.

Jean Claude Killy is a French skier who swept first place in the three disciplines of slalom, giant slalom & downhill at the 1968 Grenoble winter Olympics. He is associated with killington, Vermont.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [ha...]

• [cu...]

• [ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Saraann & Pj

The debut Pink Floyd album was The Piper At The Gates of Dawn

The bird that eats with it's head upside down is the Rosy or American Flamingo.

The name of the fictional plantation in "Gone With the Wind" is Tara

"Spider" Sabich, Billy Kidd & Jean Paul Killy were all Alpine ski racers. :smitten:

Spider was a member of the US. ski team in the 1968 Grenoble Olympics. The charismatic & attractive Sabich was living with French singer Claudine Longet the ex wife of Andy Williams for 4 years In Aspen when she accidentally ? killed him with a gun. Claudine got off lightly with a charge of misdemeanour negligent homicide. I remember reading at the time that Spider had been flirting heavily with some waitress in Aspen.

Billy Kidd was a US. ski team member & is a direct descendent of William Kidd the famous pirate. He can be seen around Steamboat.

Jean Claude Killy is a French skier who swept first place in the three disciplines of slalom, giant slalom & downhill at the 1968 Grenoble winter Olympics. He is associated with killington, Vermont.

Good job, arafurapearl :)

The fact that Claudine Longet was once married to Andy Williams was a big factor in her receiving a light sentence.

The Law of Close Encounters....The probability of meeting someone you know increases dramatically when you 

are with someone you don't want to be seen with.

What is the most expensive baseball card?

Who shot an apple off his son's head?

Who had an apple fall on his head, and got to thinking about gravity?

True or false: male mosquitos do not bite?

Here's one for cupcake: Which slaver space pirate did Anakin Skywalker fight?

The Law of Close Encounters....The probability of meeting someone you know increases dramatically when you 

What is the most expensive baseball card?          Hank Aaron (It's my first thought)

Who shot an apple off his son's head?                William Tell

Who had an apple fall on his head, and got to thinking about gravity?      Sir Isaac Newton

True or false: male mosquitoes do not bite?          Yeah, they do. So, false.     

Here's one for cupcake: Which slaver space pirate did Anakin Skywalker fight?    Not sure.

Who was Simone Weil, & briefly what did she believe?

In what field was Simone Weil's almost equally famous brother prominent?

arafurapearl, I think she was a philosopher of French extraction, was she also an agnostic? I don't know what her siblings prominence was.

What is the most expensive baseball card that has ever existed?

The 'Gretzky' T206 Honus Wager card sold for 2.8 million dollars in 2007

What were Billy Kidd, Jean Claude Killy, and Spider Sabitch  noted for?

Olympic Skiers

Which bird turns it's head upside down to eat?

There are two:  The Flamingo eats with it's head upside down in the water and The Gold Finch

What was the name of the Plantation in "Gone With The Wind"?

TARA! seen that movie at least 25 times 9and read the book)

What was the name of Pink Floyd's first album?

Piper at the Gates of Dawn released by EMI Records in August 1967

You're killin' me PJ!  Only kidding - the only one knew was TARA, the rest I had to look up and that billy the one kid threw me for a loop becuase I'm thinking old Western outlaw.  It's good for my brain  ;)

What is the most expensive baseball card?          Hank Aaron (It's my first thought)

Who shot an apple off his son's head?                William Tell

Who had an apple fall on his head, and got to thinking about gravity?      Sir Isaac Newton

True or false: male mosquitoes do not bite?          Yeah, they do. So, false.     

Here's one for cupcake: Which slaver space pirate did Anakin Skywalker fight?    Not sure.

Hi Grace,

The most expensive baseball card is a Honus Wagner...He played from 1897-1917 for the Pittsburgh Pitates..Card sold for 2.8 million.

Only the female mosquito bites, the male doesn't...

Hi sara, you're a good sport ;)

Who invented popcorn?

What does "Get all your ducks in a row" mean?

True or false: Kiwi fruit is a good source of vitamin c?

What American President commanded PT-109 during WW11?

True or false: Snooki, cast member on Jersey Shore is 4'9".

It is unclear who "invented" popcorn. :-\ Some popcorn was found in a bat cave off New Mexico which is estimated to be at least 4,000 years old. Cortes in 1514 saw popcorn in Mexico when he conquered the Aztecs. Popcorn may have been be found anywhere that maize was grown.

"Get all your ducks in a row" is an idiom which means to organise yourself and your life.

Kiwi fruit or Actinidia fruit is very high in vitamin C,  which is a higher content than that which is found in oranges, but some vitamin C is lost in storage.

President John F Kennedy commanded the PT-109 during WW2, off Gizo, now a popular  dive site in the Solomons Islands, a part of Melanesia.  :)

Yes," Snooki" or Nicole Polizzi of Chilean extraction is 4ft 9.

What is the largest diamond found in the US?

What is the fastest bird on foot?

What fruit was once considered poison?

What English king had the most wives?

honeym..... It has to be the "Uncle Sam" diamond, discovered at the Crater of the Diamonds State Park in Arkansas. I went digging there once, but came up empy handed. I think it was in the office where they had a picture of that diamond. It was HUGE.

Who shot an apple off his son's head?                 William Tell

Who had an apple fall on his head, and got to thinking about gravity?       Sir Isaac Newton

True or false: male mosquitoes do not bite?           Yeah, they do. So, false.       

Here's one for cupcake: Which slaver space pirate did Anakin Skywalker fight?     Not sure.

Hi Grace,

The most expensive baseball card is a Honus Wagner...He played from 1897-1917 for the Pittsburgh Pitates..Card sold for 2.8 million.

Only the female mosquito bites, the male doesn't...

Hi sara, you're a good sport ;)

I don't remember anakin ever fighting Jango Fett, however I do remember mace windu beheaded him on Geonosis.

when you say space pirate I think of bounty hunters, but now that I ponder it more, would it be Count dooku when he captured Obi Wan?

when you say space pirate I think of bounty hunters, but now that I ponder it more, would it be Count dooku when he captured Obi Wan?

Does Krayn ring a bell with you?

No not at all unless they were a character in the books.

Sorry, I should have mentioned it was from a book, at least I thought it was, not sure now. I can't find any reference to a Karyn character anywhere. If you do, let me know.

honeym..... It has to be the "Uncle Sam" diamond, discovered at the Crater of the Diamonds State Park in Arkansas. I went digging there once, but came up empy handed. I think it was in the office where they had a picture of that diamond. It was HUGE.

Fastest bird, is it the Roadrunner?

Don't know the answer to the poison fruit.

Was it Henry The Eighth?

Bill Gates was a college drop-out from what university?

Of the three political Kennedy brothers, John, Robert, and Edward (Teddie) , which was the youngest?

Who are the two founders of Google?

Rock music drummer Tommy Lee was married, and divorced from, which two blond tv stars?

At the end of The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy clicks her heels together and says? ---------------------.

Of the three political Kennedy brothers, John, Robert, and Edward (Teddie) , which was the youngest?

Rock music drummer Tommy Lee was married, and divorced from, which two blond tv stars?

At the end of The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy clicks her heels together and says? ---------------------.

Edward and "There's no place like home".

Edward and "There's no place like home".

She was right, Missy. There is no place like home.

Yes, Edward was the youngest.

Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard.

Tommy Lee was married to Heather Locklear and Pamela Anderson.

Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin.

'The Big Dig' in Boston, MA......What was it's purpose?

Where is the Sea of Tranquility?

What substance can you drop onto a scorpions head to make it sting itself to death?

Dr. Doofenschmirtz appears in what kid's cartoon?

What is the proper name for a baby horse?

What is the largest diamond found in the US?  Your right its the Uncle Sam

What is the fastest bird on foot?  The ostrich

What fruit was once considered poison?  the tomato

What English king had the most wives?  Henry the 8th

Catherine of Aragon (Annulled),

Anne Boleyn ( Beheaded),

Jane Seymour (Died days after giving birth, widely believed to be following birth complications )

Anne of Cleves (Annulled),

Catherine Howard (Beheaded),

Catherine Parr (Survived).

What substance can you drop onto a scorpions head to make it sting itself to death?

Ok, Im not gonna cheat and look it up. 

Don't know what the Big Dig is.  The sea of tranquility is on the moon.  I like the answer of a colt or it could be a foal.  substance you can drop on scorpions head, I would guess either salt or water.  Don't the cartoon one.