Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Put on your thinking caps! It's question and answer time.

[...]

I like the quotes, thank you, PJ, and the trivia. Close up shop at 4000 views? You've kept it going for a long run for sure; if it stays open that will suit me, if you decide to close it, then I support you doing so.

So, I don't know the names of the Mts. on Mars but I know there are higher mountains on Mars than on earth, by the fact that we have gravity, ours tend to settle.  :)

The word that came to mind for the term used for holes in a golf ball was "divots" so I looked it up, and I don't know a thing about golf, honestly, but apparently there are such things as divots that are desirable to acquire in golf; lol. The term for the holes are: dimples.

Finally, the device used to measure earthquakes is a seismograph. I would be a poor Californian if I did not know that.

Peace and blessings,

Grace~

What are the seven chakras of a human body and their corresponding colors?

What are two common names for a yoga pose where you are bent in half with your feet and hands on the ground with your rear in the air and your head level between your arms? (That may not be descriptive enough, or maybe it is).

What do the Chinese call the energy that courses through our bodies?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [ha...]

• [cu...]

• [ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the quotes, thank you, PJ, and the trivia. Close up shop at 4000 views? You've kept it going for a long run for sure; if it stays open that will suit me, if you decide to close it, then I support you doing so.

So, I don't know the names of the Mts. on Mars but I know there are higher mountains on Mars than on earth, by the fact that we have gravity, ours tend to settle.  :)

The word that came to mind for the term used for holes in a golf ball was "divots" so I looked it up, and I don't know a thing about golf, honestly, but apparently there are such things as divots that are desirable to acquire in golf; lol. The term for the holes are: dimples.

Finally, the device used to measure earthquakes is a seismograph. I would be a poor Californian if I did not know that.

Peace and blessings,

Grace~

What are two common names for a yoga pose where you are bent in half with your feet and hands on the ground with your rear in the air and your head level between your arms? (That may not be descriptive enough, or maybe it is). pranayama?

What do the Chinese call the energy that courses through our bodies? CHI

PJ... :)

I was trying to find ur blog but had no luck...

I really just need to let you know ...You have been a Huge I mean Huge sence

of support to me in my end of my Benzo Hell Ride!!!

I would like to tell you ..Your truely a amazing person and give such a comfort

to all of us during this very lonely expeirence..Your words have carried me thru

that finish line and I could never ever tell you enough how much they ment!!!

Thank you sooooo much PJ for being so kind and gentle to me you truely made

a Imprint that I will carry for the rest of my life ...

I can only pray I have givein back a quarter to you and every1 esle what you have..

What a Gentle Selfless Soul you are...

Your Friend Always  :smitten:~Jenny

Jenny..... Thank you for those very kind, and much appreciated words. I am so happy for you. May you always carry a song in your heart and an Angel on your shoulder.

Your friend,

pj..... :)

What are the seven chakras of a human body and their corresponding colors? "Chakras" are energy centers and that name is used in many Eastern yogic traditions. They begin at the base of our spines with the first chakra known as the "base" chakra being the color red, corresponding with our roots and ancestral blood line, and the Ground of Being. The second chakra is the "self" chakra and is the color orange, and corresponds with our personalities, sexuality, and instinctual being. The third is just below the solar plexus and is the color yellow and is the "Power" chakra, and where we connect with Spirit. The fourth is at our heart centers and is the color green and literally is the "Heart" chakra from where love and compassion are manifest. The fifth chakra is the color blue and is our "throat" chakra and from where we communicate and express ourselves. The sixth chakra is the color indigo blue/violet and is the "Wisdom" chakra and from where we connect body and Spirit together and draw our life's lessons and can find our Centers and balance. The Seventh chakra is the color of ultraviolet and is the "Crown" chakra and from where we may draw and send energy from and into the Universe and connect with our Higher Consciousness, and with God/Spirit, if you will. 

What are two common names for a yoga pose where you are bent in half with your feet and hands on the ground with your rear in the air and your head level between your arms? (That may not be descriptive enough, or maybe it is). The two names for the pose I described are "Sacred Mountain" or "Downward Dog," depending on the teacher. The term "Pranayama" (I looked it up, Cupcake), loosely means breathe control, but is definitely a big part of what yoga includes).

What do the Chinese call the energy that courses through our bodies? "Chi" it is, Cupcake. Thank you for answering.  :)

Peace and blessings, buddies~

So, I don't know the names of the Mts. on Mars but I know there are higher mountains on Mars than on earth, by the fact that we have gravity, ours tend to settle.  :)

Peace and blessings,

Grace~

What are two common names for a yoga pose where you are bent in half with your feet and hands on the ground with your rear in the air and your head level between your arms? (That may not be descriptive enough, or maybe it is).

What do the Chinese call the energy that courses through our bodies?

Hi, Grace and cupcake

I hope all is well with you two. It is always a treat when you visit here. I am glad that the excitement surrounding the chat room is starting to subside. I'm sure everything will turn out for the better.

Grace, that's right, the indentations on the golf ball are called dimples.

Right again, Grace. Mars has higher mountains. I don't know the names either.

Seismographs and earthquakes, well known in CA. Have you experienced quakes, Grace?

I'll have to think about the chakras.

Quotes: Under every stone lurks a politician.....Aristophanes ( 410 B.C.)

Since a politician never believes what he says, he is quite surprised to be taken at his word......De Gaulle

Trivia: Ken and Barbie were named after the children of their creators.

Question: How many men have walked on the moon?

pj

Why don't you have a blog?

There's you a question.

That's a good question, Sigma, I really don't have a good answer.  Maybe I will post on the success forum in the future. I hope all is well with you. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Question: How many men have walked on the moon?

Hi, saraann  :)

I was surprised to see some action on this thread again, thanks, maybe I will resurrect it for awhile longer.

And you're right, it is 12 men

Funny town names: Big Rock Candy Mountain, VT

Two Egg, FL

Quote: The world today doesn't make any sense, so why should I paint pictures that do?....Pablo Picasso

Question: What color is Spock's blood?

I don't remember what color blood he has..but: What is the mating period that all Vulcans go through called? What happens if this doesn't get fulfilled?

The Vulcan mating period was called "Pon farr" although Vulcans could mate more often than the every seven years that Pon Farr occurred. Apparently, it saved Spocks' life, so it would seem that he could have died if he hadn't made it back to planet Vulcan.

Not sure what color Vulcan blood was supposed to be, Cupcake; now trying to picture it: blue, green?  :)

Thank you for your posts, Cupcake.

~~~~~~

I'm a bit foggy so not coming up with any questions right now; how about an easy one, like who is the actress with three names who is often referred to by her initials: S.J.P.?

Sarah Jessica Parker?

how did George Lucas find his actor for the role of Han Solo?

I don't have an answer for that one, cupcake.........Spocks blood was green, probably still is.

Trivia: If Barbie were life-size, her measurments would be: 39- 21- 33. No, I don't play with dolls.  :laugh:

Leonardo da Vinci, winston Churchill, Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison and General George Patton were all

dyslexic.

Question: Who composed the Sleeping Beauty and The Nutcracker ballets?

Yes!!

Who did they get to play the costumed Darth Vader in the ending of "Revenge of the Sith"?

David Prowse

He was Darth Vader in the older movies.

Who is the woman and the man who have won the most Academy Awards in their careers?

Katherine Hepburn? and Marlon Brando?

Who is the woman and the man who have won the most Academy Awards in their careers?

Katherine Hepburn? and Marlon Brando?

Very Close...

Katherine Hepburn won 4 and Jack Nicholson won 3. 

Who captured Han Solo on Tatoonie?

boba fett

I was thinking it was Jabba the Hutt, but You're more knowledgeable on Star Wars then me.

What type of Droid is C-p30?

True or false, When a person reaches the age of 32, they have lived for 1 billion seconds?