Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Put on your thinking caps! It's question and answer time.

[...]

Hi PJ,

From what I've gleaned from the internet it's "The First Wives Club"

Goldie Hawn 1

Diane Keaton 1

Marcia Gay Harden 1

Eileen Heckart 1

Maggie Smith 2

For a total of 6!

I may be wrong, and you understand none of them won anything for the movie itself, but that's allot of talented actresses who were in it.

Sara

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [ha...]

• [cu...]

• [ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi PJ,

From what I've gleaned from the internet it's "The First Wives Club"

Goldie Hawn 1

Diane Keaton 1

Marcia Gay Harden 1

Eileen Heckart 1

Maggie Smith 2

For a total of 6!

I may be wrong, and you understand none of them won anything for the movie itself, but that's allot of talented actresses who were in it.

Sara

Hi sara,

I was channel surfing a couple of years ago, and I came across this strange movie, "The Women". It was made way before my time, 1939. What caught my attention was that there were no men in it. It had many big stars from the 'Golden Age' of movies. Among them were: Joan Crawford, Norma Shearer, Rosalind Russel, and Joan Fontain. I can't remember the rest.

So, you win the the pretend award, because you named 6 and I only named 4.

If you have anymore good questions, fire away.

After which actor was Mickey Mouse named?

Can you name one of the books that Corrie ten Boom wrote?

I rode into town on Friday, I stayed three days, and I left on Friday. How could this be?

After which actor was Mickey Mouse named?

—Mickey Rooney claims to have met Walt Disney and Disney was inspired by Rooney's movie character: Mickey McQuire. Wiki-

Can you name one of the books that Corrie ten Boom wrote?

—"Amazing Love" (also from Wiki)

I rode into town on Friday, I stayed three days, and I left on Friday. How could this be?

—I swear I've heard this before, but cannot remember, nor figure, the answer.

What Shakespearean play begins with the words: "When shall we three meet again? In thunder, lightening, or in rain?"

Who is the heir to the Baskin Robbins fortune who relinquished his inheritance in order to demonstrate his commitment to bringing awareness to the treatment of dairy cows and also his commitment to using no animal by-products of any kind?

Wish I had a good riddle, but my brain is riddled, or is it benzo rattled? Look forward to the answer to the Friday's question.

Hi Grace,

It's so nice to see you again. :)  You are right on the Mickey Mouse and the Corrie ten Boom questions, she was an amazing woman.

The answer to,  I rode into town on Friday, stayed three days, and I rode out on Friday is: Friday is my horse.

Hi Grace,

It's so nice to see you again. :)   You are right on the Mickey Mouse and the Corrie ten Boom questions, she was an amazing woman.

The answer to,  I rode into town on Friday, stayed three days, and I rode out on Friday is: Friday is my horse.

—Ha!  :laugh:

Did you see my questions in the above post, PJ or anyone? I somehow got the quotes out of whack? Nice to see you going strong on the thread with some fun questions, PJ and all.

Hi Grace,

It's so nice to see you again. :)   You are right on the Mickey Mouse and the Corrie ten Boom questions, she was an amazing woman.

—Ha!  :laugh:

Did you see my questions in the above post, PJ or anyone? I somehow got the quotes out of whack? Nice to see you going strong on the thread with some fun questions, PJ and all.

Hi, Grace,

I don't know the answer to the Shakespeare question...

John Robbins is the Baskin Robbins heir who gave up his inheritance to become an author of several books on health and nutrition. I read his book, "Health at 100". He is a firm believer in plant -based food.

Is The University of California, Berkeley considered a conservative college?

Which U. S. president stood 5ft. 4in. tall?

Which instrument does James Galway play?

Quote: Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, Simplify....Henry David Thoreau.

Administration, Faculty or Student body?

James Madison - I also read he weighed 100 pounds!

The Flute

Quote: Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, Simplify....Henry David Thoreau.

That's funny, Sara about Berkeley! Good to see your post here, and to see your posts on Tam's blog. :) Now, are you going to post a question since you answered all of PJ's questions? I hope.

The quote I wrote from Shakespeare is the opening line between the three witches in the opening scene of "Macbeth", PJ. Thank you for the nice re-welcoming.  :)

Administration, Faculty or Student body?

James Madison - I also read he weighed 100 pounds!

The Flute

James Madison sure was a petite man.

Sara.....The question about Berkeley was a 'tongue in cheek' one. I realize it is a quite liberal institution. I liked your answer.

Have a nice weekend. :)

That's funny, Sara about Berkeley! Good to see your post here, and to see your posts on Tam's blog. :) Now, are you going to post a question since you answered all of PJ's questions? I hope.

The quote I wrote from Shakespeare is the opening line between the three witches in the opening scene of "Macbeth", PJ. Thank you for the nice re-welcoming.  :)

You're most welcome, Grace.

I think I will start with a quote.

We are most alive when we're in love.....John Updike

Funny town names: Cranky Corner, LA.....Rattle Bone Hollow, LA

Riddle: If six children and two dogs were trying to share a small umbrella, how come none of them got wet?

What is a Kookaburra?

Which 60s rock group recorded "Lighter Shade of Pale"?

What is the currency of Switzerland?

PJ

Is the umbrella a sun umbrella?

The kookaburra is a bird from the kingfisher family, & a kookaburra is found in Australia.

"A Whiter Shade Of Pale" is a song recorded by British band Procol Harum.

The currency of Switzerland is the Swiss France - Switzerland did not convert to the Euro.

The quote I wrote from Shakespeare is the opening line between the three witches in the opening scene of "Macbeth", PJ. Thank you for the nice re-welcoming.  :)

You're most welcome, Grace.

I think I will start with a quote.

We are most alive when we're in love.....John Updike

Funny town names: Cranky Corner, LA.....Rattle Bone Hollow, LA

Riddle: If six children and two dogs were trying to share a small umbrella, how come none of them got wet?

What is a Kookaburra?

Which 60s rock group recorded "Lighter Shade of Pale"?

What is the currency of Switzerland?

PJ

Is the umbrella a sun umbrella?

The kookaburra is a bird from the kingfisher family, & a kookaburra is found in Australia.

"A Whiter Shade Of Pale" is a song recorded by British band Procol Harum.

The currency of Switzerland is the Swiss France - Switzerland did not convert to the Euro.

arafurapearl,

The answer to the riddle is: They didn't get wet because it wasn't raining. So it could be called a sun umbrella.

The name of which area in the Pacific means "many islands"?

Which instrument did Louis Armstrong play?

Funny town names: Snap Finger, GA.....Bugtussle, KY.....Monkey's Eyebrow, Ky

PJ

Polynesia is the region in the Pacfic which means "many islands".

Louis Armstrong played the trumpet

arafurapearl,

If it's in the cards, someday I want to visit Tahiti. There is so much history there. Capt. Cook, and the Endeavor, Capt. Bligh, and the infamous HMS Bounty, and, of course, the Breadfruit.

who is considered "The Father Of Modern Philosphy?

Who was John Locke?

Quote: I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts....John Locke (1632-1704)

Funny town names from Great Britain: Wetwang With Fimber, Yorkshire...Ham and Sandwich(Kent)

Pj -

Rene Descartes is the father of modern philosophy, the first to make a serious attempt to defeat skepticism. His views about knowledge and certainty as well as his views about the relationship between the mind and the body have been very influential over the last 3 centuries.

John Locke was a !7th century English Philosopher, & political theorist. He was one of the first empiricists, & popularised the notion of a "tabula Rasa".

Pj. I've been to Tahiti, Papeete, Moorea & Huahine. French Polynesia is very expensive. The Cook Islands are cheaper.The mutiny on the Bounty actually occured off one of the islands of Tonga. Samoa is very beautiful. :)

Pj -

Rene Descartes is the father of modern philosophy, the first to make a serious attempt to defeat skepticism. His views about knowledge and certainty as well as his views about the relationship between the mind and the body have been very influential over the last 3 centuries.

John Locke was a !7th century English Philosopher, & political theorist. He was one of the first empiricists, & popularised the notion of a "tabula Rasa".

Pj. I've been to Tahiti, Papeete, Moorea & Huahine. French Polynesia is very expensive. The Cook Islands are cheaper.The mutiny on the Bounty actually occured off one of the islands of Tonga. Samoa is very beautiful. :)

arafurapearl.....To visit those beautiful islands, how exciting that must have been. Thanks for the information about the Bounty. I'll have to do some research on the Cook Islands.

The mention of Tulips, windmills, and wooden shoes makes us think of Holland. What was the purpose of wearing wooden shoes?

Which orchestal instrument plays a note before a concert to which the other instruments are tuned?

What pet- name for a dog is taken from the Latin word for "I trust"?

Quote: A poem begins in delight and ends in wisdom........Robert Frost

For what its worth:

In the early 1950's; Silver, Trigger, Champion, Topper, Buckshot, Joker, and Scout are the names that the (movie Cowboy heroes) gave to their horses. 

The mention of Tulips, windmills, and wooden shoes makes us think of Holland. What was the purpose of wearing wooden shoes?  To help protect the feet from all that water! (?)

Which orchestal instrument plays a note before a concert to which the other instruments are tuned? 1st violin(?)

What pet- name for a dog is taken from the Latin word for "I trust"? Fido!

The mention of Tulips, windmills, and wooden shoes makes us think of Holland. What was the purpose of wearing wooden shoes?  To help protect the feet from all that water! (?)

Which orchestal instrument plays a note before a concert to which the other instruments are tuned? 1st violin(?)

What pet- name for a dog is taken from the Latin word for "I trust"? Fido!

Hi, Kat.....Welcome back

Yes, Kat-the wooden shoes (Klompen) protected the feet from all that water and mud.

The orchestra tunes it's instruments to the Oboe. 

Good old Fido.             

Quote: If there is another world he lives in bliss. If there is none, he made the best of this....Robert Burns

Trivia: In 1955 a McDonalds burger cost 15 cents.

Who were the main characters in "Friends"?

Which is the world's second-largest country in land area?

What can you give away yet still keep?

What is the capitol of the Netherlands?

I just hit a button and my post with all my answers and questions went away; cog fog is too thick to do it over. I will say that I love the Robert Burns quote very much. And the names of places that you and arafurapearl listed are wonderful, PJ. I'll be back~ :)

Peace~

P.S. I put the quote in the shout out box; thought it was well-suited.  :thumbsup:

I just hit a button and my post with all my answers and questions went away; cog fog is too thick to do it over. I will say that I love the Robert Burns quote very much. And the names of places that you and arafurapearl listed are wonderful, PJ. I'll be back~ :)

Peace~

P.S. I put the quote in the shout out box; thought it was well-suited.  :thumbsup:

You're not alone, Grace. I just lost half a page, forgot to open a new window. ??? 

Quote: Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter......... Martin Luther King

Fun facts: There are 250 toothpicks in the standard size box.

John Lennon's first girlfriend was Thelma Pickles.

Answers to yesterday's questions: The worlds second-largest country in land area is Canada.

What can you give away but still keep? A cold, your name,your heart.

Main characters on friends" Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox, Matthew Perry,

Matt La Blank, Lisa Kudrow.   

Which volcano destroyed Pompeii?

Where on the body is the human skin least sensitive?

Answers:

Mt. Vesuvius

The heel

Quote:

'Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all....Alfred Lord Tennyson

Do not rely completely on any other human being, however dear. We meet all life's greatest tests alone.

....... Agnes Macphail

Trivia: When Lincoln was assassinated, he was watching the play, : "Our American Cousin"

The game of Scrabble was invented in 1948

Question 1. Which has the highest mountain Earth or Mars?

2. What are the small indentations on a golf ball called?

3.With what device are earthquakes recorded?

I will post the answers tomorrow.            Views to date, 3284,  May close up shop at 4000 views, if it happens.