Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Clonazepam Taper plan of .125. Anyone had success?

[Wi...]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Wi...]

• [cu...]

• [NY...]

• [xe...]

Well I jumped last night.  Took a tylenol PM and slept pretty good.  I just feel a little anxious today, but according to everything I have read the first couple of days are easier than later days because of the half-life.

Just in time for Independence Day! Congrats Wilcofan!

It has been 5 days now and I can really feel myself getting better.  Still not sleeping good, but anxiety and muscle twitching have both diminished significantly.  The worst time is the evenings around when I used to take my dose.  The daytime is pretty darn good.

All those that are still tapering....hang in there.  Determination and prayer go a long way.

It has been 5 days now and I can really feel myself getting better.  Still not sleeping good, but anxiety and muscle twitching have both diminished significantly.  The worst time is the evenings around when I used to take my dose.  The daytime is pretty darn good.

All those that are still tapering....hang in there.  Determination and prayer go a long way.

Great to hear you're doing well. I'm 6 days into my cut and have had no w/d's. I will be cutting again in 6 days. I'm getting closer to being Benzo free myself!

• 2 weeks later...

Well it has been 2 1/2 weeks now.  The horrible physical withdrawals are over.  Now I am just left with rebound anxiety, but I am doing much better.

Now I can say that I had success with .125mg reductions.

I started at 1mg and am now at .875.  I took .5 mg for 3 months and then 1mg for the next 3 months.   I am planning on tapering .125 every 10 days or so.  Anyone had success with this plan?

Dear wilofan, I wish you best of luck getting off the Klonopin.. I myself has been tapering about the you have been.. We are all different..  I am happy to hear that you withdrawals are over... YEA... Hoping for better days to come to you...Recovery is on the way..

Luv,

Mishi

Wilcofan - I'm on a .125 taper after being on a .25 initial taper.  I'm think I've had about the same experience you've had - .125 seems to be very manageable.  I will be making the cut to .125 later this week and then the big jump.  I take comfort in your posts.  Thanks and congrats - hope to be joining you soon on the healing side of things. 

Mishi and Comet,

That is great.  Hang in there. You can do it if you set your mind to it.

Wilco

I started at 1mg and am now at .875.  I took .5 mg for 3 months and then 1mg for the next 3 months.   I am planning on tapering .125 every 10 days or so.  Anyone had success with this plan?

I"m way late to this thread! Unless I already posted and forgot.  :laugh:

I did this exact same taper from nearly the same starting point...successfully. It looks like you did too, congrats!