Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Clonazepam Taper plan of .125. Anyone had success?

[Wi...]

Oh man.....last night was one of the worst w/d nights that i have experienced.  i was almost ready to pack it in and give up.  I feel better now though.  I am glad I did not cave.  I hope tonight is better.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Wi...]

• [cu...]

• [NY...]

• [xe...]

That's good news Wolcofan. I'm glad you updated us. So many see to come on the site at the beginning then fall away. Leaving me to wonder how they're doing. Keep in touch.

Wilcofan, I am reading your posts diligently, as, I too, am on the .375 Klonopin taper. Gosh, it's hard! I'm still experiencing tremors, tightness in my shoulders, pains in my shins, nausea, & dizziness. It's been 10 days, but I'm not ready to cut again :( Wish that I were. Thanks for all the updates. They give me hope :angel:

Teacher2

This -

6/4/11    .5

6/11/11  .375

6/17/11  .25

..would have utterly utterly annihilated me, you are doing great!

I cut to .25 a couple of days ago.  I am some what anxious, but I am determined.

Doing great bud!

I'll be cutting to .5mg within this week. I just got back from my vacation, and will be seeing my psych on Friday. I've been able to cut without any major w/d symptoms so hopefully it will go well.

You're almost home....

cubfan4real

I am thinking of Jumping from .25mg.  I just am losing patience.  I don't want to drag out another week at .125.  The question is how much worse will the w/d be?  Anyone have a clue?

:yippee: Good Luck, Wilcofan! I am 'stuck' at .325 twice a day...been there for 3    l-o-n-g weeks :sick: I 'think' the antibiotics given to me for a recurring uti seemed to ruin my tapering :( Been fighting the urge to go back up to .5.

Keep the faith....you're getting there! Am watching your progress :)

Teacher2

Wilcofan,

Just a suggestion :)....Another week can save you from experiencing WD symptoms and the need to go back up.

However, it's your call and we're with you whatever you decide.

NYClady

.25 is a big dose... It's not like you are going to jump off the pill and feel like you were never on them... (maybe a miracle can happen) but I would jump at .125 if you can't wait any longer.  It's up to you..

Like I said in another thread Wilcofan, you came down very fast, I personally think you should try holding a little while. Even if you still wind up jumping, it won't be for nothing, you can hopefully let your brain catch up a little.

I am thinking of Jumping from .25mg.  I just am losing patience.  I don't want to drag out another week at .125.  The question is how much worse will the w/d be?  Anyone have a clue?

I cut from .75mg to .5mg 4 days ago and I'm doing well. My psych prescribed my .5mg pills so dry cutting will now be much easier for me. She's also receptive to a Valium crossover if troubles arise, but I don't feel it will be necessary.

I intend on stepping down .125mg at a time from here on out, and will more than likely jump at .125mg.

I cut to .125 last night.  I feel fine, but I know it is the next few days that really tell the story.  I will hold here for a week and then jump.  I am just getting so tired of this.  

That is great to hear cuban....hang in there

I am coming to the end of my taper. 2 more doses to go and then jumping.  I have to say I am scared, but determined.  I am not looking forward to the w/d with no relief chip at the end of the day.  Any advice from those who have already made it?

I've not started my taper yet but I'd love it if you could update this thread after you've made the jump. I would think the standard advice that we've been given would apply even to your jump.

Know that the sensations are just that. they can't hurt you. Try to distract yourself and know that you're doing something great for yourself.

sorry I don't have more to offer but I've been following you and am very interested to see how things go.

Stay strong!

I am coming to the end of my taper. 2 more doses to go and then jumping.  I have to say I am scared, but determined.  I am not looking forward to the w/d with no relief chip at the end of the day.  Any advice from those who have already made it?

Great news Wilcofan - Keep us posted as to how you're feeling. I think you'll do just fine. Hang in there and try not to let fear get the best of you. Life will be much better looking back.

I will be cutting to .375 tonight. I took my .25 this morning and will drop my evening dose to .125. Geronimo!!!

Well tonight will be the first night without a dose.  I can't believe the day is actually here.  I am kinda freaking out a little bit anticipating w/d.  I hope it doesn't suck too bad.  I will keep you updated.

Dear Wilcofan,

:yippee:CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  You did it!  Hope and pray for no WD's...only better days ahead!!!

NYClady

Wilco- how did it go? Fierce determination- and you are so much nearer to your true self. Wishing you well-Susan

Well I jumped last night.  Took a tylenol PM and slept pretty good.  I just feel a little anxious today, but according to everything I have read the first couple of days are easier than later days because of the half-life.