Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

YRAM Kicked Klonopin to the Curb!

[Be...]

Have had four good days  :)

:'( THe doctor who prescribed my benzos also prescribed benzos for my husband and son (!!) Trying to convince them not to take them. What's up with these doctors?!?!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [...]

• [Li...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Have had four good days  :)

:'( THe doctor who prescribed my benzos also prescribed benzos for my husband and son (!!) Trying to convince them not to take them. What's up with these doctors?!?!

:tickedoff:  maybe it's time to find another doctor.

BTW........ Congratulations!!  :yippee: :yippee:

Yesterday, having had six good days in a row, I reminded myself that I might have more withdrawal days. Good thing I got real because today all the w/d symptoms kicked up some. But how wonderful to be feeling so much better.

Also tapered the last of my percocet (on 6+ months following total knee replacement with difficult recovery involving two more surgical procedures). So it's possible today is a result of kicking the perco.

Had acupuncture for w/d sx, especially sleep, and for pain (back, knees). Also have been given chinese herbal medicine for sleep.

Best wishes to anyone reading this on your efforts to become benzo free. It's worth all the misery of w/d, and YOU'RE WORTH IT!!

[glow=red,2,300]Am 30 days off klonopin.[/glow]

However had to taper off a tiny dose of oxycodone I'd been tapering from after having been on oxycodone for months after major surgery. Couldn't bear to withdraw from two drugs at one time. So have been thrown into another round of w/d. Should be just a few days. Oxy w/d much like benzo but does go on and on, from what I understand.

I so appreciate the understanding and support of this forum.

Yesterday I mentioned I was having withdrawal sx to one of my best friends. Considering I'd first had interdose w/d in February, I've been having withdrawal for four months. People just cannot understand how trying this is. My friend, as much as she cares about me, didn't skip a beat and went on talking about whatever was on her mind. Thank goodness YOU understand.  :smitten:

Hi Yram, I hear what you are saying. My husband does that to me. He will ask me how I am feeling and when I begin to desribe how I am feeling he will change the subject. I don't get upset because I have tired him out these past few months. He says that focusing on the symptoms makes them stick around longer. If he changes the subject, it is to take my mind off the pain I am feeling. Perhaps your friend is using the same technique on you? In any event, you should be proud of your accomplishments. I read your posts and they are always encouraging!

Keep your positive mind and spirit, others need it!  :thumbsup:

Have had 5 days of increased w/d after 7 wonderful days.

Thinking this was caused by discontinuation of percocet.

Struggling to keep the faith. But what choice do I have but to move forward and continue to do the right thing?

Every day I place my life and my withdrawal into the hands of a higher power.

Am 9 days off percocet and 37 days off benzos!!

Yesterday was my first day without withdrawal symptoms. Only a little GI matter in the afternoon.

Today is starting off OK. Almost always, the morning is the day's low point. It gets better after that.

The symptoms dissipating is a good and wonderful thing. Even better is being able to ENJOY things -- music, food, situations.

Just read Vertigo's posting about peaks and valleys, which helped me tremendously today.

Have discovered the problem with good days is I start to think "this is the new me." Of course w/d has other plans.

Today was one of my worst days in weeks -- a combination of anxiety and depression. I've been adamant about not starting on an antidepressant since some days I feel so wonderful. But today I found myself wishing I were on one. I actually thought I'd love a dose of xanax to take the edge off, but then who wants to go there again? NOT ME! Guess my coping skills are not quite keeping up with the rigors of w/d today.

Kind of pissed at my doctor. Had an appt with him for the first time in weeks, to check thyroid and other labs, and he seemed to take no responsibility for the mess I got in. Not that I expected it.

Gonna keep diligently working on a positive mental attitude, and an accepting spiritual attitude.

Hey, checking on you... Hope you see some nice windows again.  We are still early in this! Wait until the 3 month mark before u decide on taking any additional meds, you may be very happy at 3 months! Although the ashton manual says if its too bad to consider an AD.  You know u... So we are here for you regardless! :yippee:

Hi Yram,

I am so sorry that you hit a bad wave. I know how awful they are but you have to know that it is a part of healing, right? I am making much progress, as are you and all of our BB's. Days after i took my last dose of k, I could hardly leave the house.

Stay the course, you are so close to full recovery, I can tell by looking over the progression documented in your posts!  :thumbsup:

Take care,

Lida

Overall there's progress. I had more energy today. The ear ringing not bad. But low level anxiety all day, plus stomach pain. Not sure if this is benzo w/d or percocet w/d or a combo.

Practiced positive thinking and all that other good stuff all day. But, still, this sh-t is wearing!

Taking a trip for a few days to NY to see my step-son and his girlfriend. Thinking all the distractions will be good.

Had three great days this past week while visiting family in New York.

Today started good but then the w/d snuck back. Although this amount of w/d is nothing compared to what I experienced during my taper. Still, the unpredictable nature of w/d makes it shake one's confidence when it returns, uninvited, unwanted, and unexpected after such a lovely window. Evil!

yram,

there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to w/d is there?!?!  I was doing alright for a few days, then when I was in a fabric store...BOOM! It is soooo unpredictable.  I mean I negotiated this car deal for my son the other day which was infinitely more stressful then looking at material (and I am grateful my brain did not fail me thought the car deal!) but I guess I am going to be the last person to know when w/d hits me >:(.  Just sucks big time!

I am happy to hear that it better than during the taper, and to hoping for more windows for all of us!

Blessings,

itzsweird

Yram you give me so much hope when you say you w/d symptoms are not nearly as bad as during your taper.  I am coming to the end of my taper and last  night really sucked.  I am going to be at .125 for 3 more days and then off.   That is what you did right?  How many days did your physical w/d last after your final dose? ie. chest tightness

I had two weeks of physical withdrawal, then a week of pretty good days. Even five days after my last Klonopin, I had a window in the afternoon, and often the afternoons/evenings were good.

The hardest part, to me, is being given some really good days and having that taken away by the post acute symptoms. THat is my bugaboo right now.

You have much to look forward to. FREEDOM, and the challenge of the ups and downs of w/d and post acute w/d. Soon you'll have periods of time when you feel like yourself.

Hi (((Mary))), sorry to hear about your wave  :-[

They are so discouraging, as they are designed to be. I guess this is where the true test/testimony come from...how do we deal with these waves. I have to believe the challenges of the waves make us stronger and better prepares us for the next wave. We know that the waves will end, we have too many BB's testifying to that. 

God has our back. We can get through this. I hate to sound like the Pollyanna here but it is what keeps me moving. Even when my mind is trying to tell me that I should have a bad day and I should be feeling sad, I push through it because I know it is not who I am and I will just not claim it!

You have been so encouraging to so many who read your posts. You and LP have been true inspirations for me and I hope that I could return the favor.

Stay strong. Ride the wave knowing it will pass soon and will be gone forever!

Happy Wednesday!

:smitten:

Lidaboo, You and I and LP have some things in common, short term use and recent discontinuation. It is s-o-o-o helpful to hear from you all. Thank you! Hope you're doing well.

I am doing very well these days. Last evening I nodded off watching television and woke up to a commercial about some drug and its horrible side effects the drug had. I was so frustrated and filled with emotion I could hardly stand it. These commercials need to also list the issues you would face when you discontinue the drug! Urgh!

In any event, I got my composure and turned the channel! I refused to allow that commercial and the emotions that quickly consumed me to take over my night!

Take care,

Lida  :)

Thanks LP  :) I woke up with a little anxiety this morning because I have not fallen into a decent sleep rythym yet!!!

I am at work shrugging it off -- trying not to focus on it -- my clients are beasts!!!

Happy Thursday!