Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Hi, I'm new, looking for help on a schedule, Zanex taper w/ Valium Substitute

[St...]

Thank you Sigma

Yesterday was day one of my stage 2 taper plan, this is where I dropped 1mg Xanex with the Valium sub  ( yay! one week down and now on the drop  :thumbsup:

I took my morning dose 1mg Xan , mid day  .5 Xan + 10mg Diaz  // Evening .5mg Xan + 10mg diaz

I was SO tired yesterday Sigma, yawning::::  all day long, gosh...aside from the physical and mental side effects this was one of them that was real prevelent and worried me as I have to go back to work a week from now) the fatigue was not to the point of where I felt no control (although I wanted to nap) being it Mothers Day I had alot going on, it was rough but if I had to per say, be at work in a work environment and have mental focus, I don't think I would of pulled it off yesterday.

I noticed the drop of the Xan in my body like " right away"  woe

?  After the c/o do you think the daily fatigue will go away or to your experience Sigma or did you always have the tired feeling?

Thanks again Sigma, hope all is well for you,   (  btw --- I took a look at your progress board and noticed your prior diet although I know it was posted a while back. I was thinking wow, I honestly wish I could have that kind of appetite, I can't eat well at all right now )  

Still Holding on ::::  Noelle

[88...]

Noelle,

My experience with the Valium was actually a relief at that time because of inter-dose withdrawal. It did sedate me, made me feel zombie like, and tired. Once you cross completely... you may get a bit more tired. When you start tapering the Valium, the sedation will decrease and so will the other effects. The sedation is just a side effect from the Valium anyway. It will go away. In my case, about after 6 months it started decreasing. I still get tired from it at times, but not like I once was. Yes, I had the tired feeling along with fatigue, but with Valium it is not always the same feeling... not for me. Once you c/o and start decreasing. Again, the sedation went away, and it gets to where eventually you start waking up little by little, but with the long 1/2 life of Valium... sometimes it takes me a few weeks to feel the cut. I understand everyone is different, but this is my experience with it.

Oh, you will eat good again. On a higher mg. I couldn't eat much, but the benzo suppressed my appetite... my appetite is a monster. Again, we all vary.

I'm glad things are going ok, it sounds. The Valium does work for tapering. I could not have tapered down this low in equiv. with the Klonopin.

S#

Thanks Sigma !!  :thumbsup:

I know everyones different and will have diff reactions, but thanks for sharing with me yours, it helps me out  ((alot!

:::yawn::  oh my' ...........time for a nap  ::)