Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Numb tongue and throat

[Sc...]

I'm trying so hard not to freak out here. My tongue and root of my mouth is numb. My throat feels numb, inside my nose and so does my lips. I can drink and breathe fine but it feels so weird going down. I'm trying my best to stay calm but these symptoms are so scary I cant sleep or rest. It's horrible. Have any if you had these symptoms? Need a little reassurance please.  :'(

[fa...]

I'm trying so hard not to freak out here. My tongue and root of my mouth is numb. My throat feels numb, inside my nose and so does my lips. I can drink and breathe fine but it feels so weird going down. I'm trying my best to stay calm but these symptoms are so scary I cant sleep or rest. It's horrible. Have any if you had these symptoms? Need a little reassurance please.  :'(

Yes I have it on and off. Sometimes so bad it feels like I am gonna shoke when eating. But its there on and off now. Sometimes saliva feels strange to swollow too...

Yes, I can relate to the numb tongue.  Feels like I have scalded my tongue and there is some slight swelling too (my edges of tongue are sometimes scalloped from pressure against teeth). Sometimes I get a tingling, slight burning on lips but it’s not as strong.  No numbness in throat though, that I can imagine would be disconcerting indeed.  So sorry you have that.  I didn’t have this sensation at all during my very short use or during taper at all.  It didn’t show up until about a week after I jumped and it was sporadic at first—along with a metallic taste—but now it’s been a constant last couple weeks. I find chewing gum helps distract when it gets really intense. It wasn’t as severe a couple days ago and I was quite excited about it, but it came back with a vengeance yesterday coinciding with a very unwelcome wave.  😞

I have this. Sometimes it’s numbness...mostly, it’s burning. The best relief I’ve found is chewing Xylichew gum all day long.

Beauty

Yes, whole mouth, tongue etc. My teeth feel like huge lumps of dead plastic.

I have it through whole body inside and out. In nose, genitals, texting, no inner sensation, whole body feels like made out of rubber and muscles like hard brittle hollow plastic. Nothing I touch feels solid. My partner feels like he is rubber too. It is utterly terrifying.

I'm so sorry you're all experiencing this! I literally have to tell myself I'm not having strokes or that my throat isnt closing up because of how bad it gets sometimes. Not to mention the burning everywhere. God the burning. Down there and everywhere is what starts first then turns to numbness or pain. 😥😥

• 9 months later...
I started to get this symptom yesterday, today has been worse. I freak out so much. Also the roof of my mouth gets very swollen after using mouthwash (also since yesterday). In fact I've noticed that the throat numbness only happens a bit after the mouthwash. I've never had these symptoms before even although my first and most pervarsive symptom has been very intense trouble swallowing and huge amounts of phlegm in my throat.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I experienced this as well, pretty early in my withdrawal. It was extremely uncomfortable but it did go away relatively quickly for me. I hope yours will as well.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]