Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Can anyone explain why vision gets so bad during tolerance and withdrawal?

[lo...]

I have had severe vision issues ever since I went into tolerance withdrawals and still even after 7 months off.  I know that benzos affect vision during this time, but can anyone explain why the disturbances wax and wane?  Some days I can see better and then, wham, I am hit with a whole day of not even being able to see anything clearly.  Double vision, visual auras, blurry, cloudy, nothing looks real.  I am also suffering with dp/dr but these visual problems are in addition to that.  It's so bad that I can barely walk because I cannot see clearly.  And I have had many vision tests done...even neurological testing for it and the tests all come back normal. I would appreciate any input.  Thank you.

Hello.  Not sure where my sx fits in, but maybe tolerance.  You can see my signature provides my history and where I am to date.

But I thought I'd share something visually that happenes to me.  I found that parts of a screen, be it TV or computer, would shift left as some of it shifted to the right at the same time.  I asked my psychiatrist about this and they said simply, hmmm, no your meds wouldn't have anything to do with that!

Now, I don't know for sure, but I sure think it's the benzos.  :tickedoff:

Anyone else experience something visually like this?  ::)

Nerves play a significant role in vision. I don’t have a better explanation than that, but I do know that it’s very common to experience vision problems during benzo withdrawal. Any issues you have related to benzos Should improve as you recover ... The recovery and healing just takes longer than we all would like. Hang in there and stay strong

I'm brand new to this site (and recognizing my benzo withdrawal symptoms), but I've definitely seen that ghosting/double vision recently. I actually had LASIK surgery a month ago (and started tapering benzos >2 months ago) and assumed the vision issues were related to recovery from that that. My follow-up tests with the LASIK surgeon showed everything was normal and he said it could just take time for my eyes to adjust. But I'm wondering now if it's the benzo withdrawal symptoms.

I deal with vibrating eyeballs when my symptoms flare. It makes it hard to read bc it seems like things are shaking and I can’t hold a steady gaze ...

I’ve had major eye problems during my taper. Drs thought I may have glaucoma at one stage. One eye smaller than other, and very bloodshot. Probably due to lack of sleep . But the last few weeks since my jump from z my vision is terrible. Struggling to read things clearly. Can’t be a coincidence

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]