Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Has anyone switched from 2 times to 3 times when farther into taper

[Re...]

I am on 20V and I have been tapering 2 times a day. I have been having bad feelings and wanted to know if any one has tapered down 3 times a day on Valium? The last few days has been harder so I took about 1mg at 6:00 pm. I take 5mg at 11:00 am and 15mg at 9:00 pm but the middle of the day start feeling jumpy.

I am on 20V and I have been tapering 2 times a day. I have been having bad feelings and wanted to know if any one has tapered down 3 times a day on Valium? The last few days has been harder so I took about 1mg at 6:00 pm. I take 5mg at 11:00 am and 15mg at 9:00 pm but the middle of the day start feeling jumpy.

I do 15mg at 4 doses per day -  530 am is 5mg - 930am is 2.5mg - 130pm is 2.5mg - 530pm is 5mg - I take supporting meds in between those doses if I have a bad time, some days are better than others. I feel like this gives me stability as best you can have with even spaces. What works for me may not work for you, or it could level you out as best as it can. I come from many years with X too.

Well today I took half of 5mg at 11:00 and then half at 2:40 and then 15 at 9:00pm. I’m going to try this and see if it helps keep me steady during the day and also less sleepy. I would rather just take it 2 times a day but I’ve been getting those fearing jumpy feelings and I thought why suffer through it. My Dr. said he has one patient taking it 6 times a day but I don’t want to go that route. Going to try this first.

I am on 20V and I have been tapering 2 times a day. I have been having bad feelings and wanted to know if any one has tapered down 3 times a day on Valium? ............

After I crossed over to V, originally I dosed 3 times/day. After a period of time I got to twice/day.  As the literature says, I find V to be long acting and at some point, may gradually morph into once/day (time will tell).

Regarding an earlier comment on drowsiness......eventually that went away.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]