Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does withdrawal affect the heart?

[Be...]

Recently, I have been feeling similar symptoms to Angina. I will go check myself in a hospital soon. And I was wondering if benzo withdrawal can cause heart diseases!

Stress and medication can cause heart disease so the amount of stress this causes on the body... I’m sure it could have an impact. But people get heart disease who don’t take medication and who aren’t stressed so who knows. Try heat packs that helps me at times. Also I seem to tense up because of anxiety which also causes chest pain so it may be what’s contributing to ur pain too

Stress and medication can cause heart disease so the amount of stress this causes on the body... I’m sure it could have an impact. But people get heart disease who don’t take medication and who aren’t stressed so who knows. Try heat packs that helps me at times. Also I seem to tense up because of anxiety which also causes chest pain so it may be what’s contributing to ur pain too

Thank you for your reply, that was beneficial.

[20...]

I used to have 150 bpm during rest in my tolerance and acute phase. So around 1 year. I also had palpations really bad. I got betablockers for that. Blood tests shows high levels if adrenaline. I had around 95-100 bpm during rest for a really longtime. I am 3 years off 1 november and now since one month my heart rate is back like pre benzo 75 in rest.  My blood pressure was high but it is normal now 105/65. .

But I get extra heart beats like the heart skip a beat that is new. And if I walk outside for a longer walk my heart rate is really high around 160-180 dont know if it is bc I am not used to walk and get severe fatigue or to long being bedbound

Yes stress is bad for the heart.

Wow there u go look at the stress ur body was under Sundance and is now calming down. Just shows the havoc these drugs play on the nervous system.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]