Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Who jumped at 0.5 (Valium)

[Oc...]

I did. Ashton says it is an OK jumping point.  Earoy stages for me, but no turning back now. Ear plugged, dizzy, shaky as hell. But everyone is different.  Personally,  I just had it up to here, and after 2 years, it was time. Now I just tell myself "this is what healing feels like." Good luck to you.

I am not on Valium.  I'm tapering clonazepam.  The equivalent (there are not true equivalents, but anyway..) in clonazepam is .025 mgs.  I did not stop at that dose.  I have tapered all way down now to .003 mgs and will walk off next week.  I had significant withdrawal at .025 and more below that dose.  However, now I am really good as my dose is basically not even a dose.  I think those withdrawal symptoms below .025 mgs were actually the acute phase and nothing to do with the taper anymore.  .5 valium is the suggested stop dose for Valium, as is .025 for clonazepam.  You can jump off now or walk off soon at a lower dose.  I am personally sick of tapering and can't wait for my stop date, though it's a bit scary, too.

Heh healing

I feel you dude I’m so tempted to jump ! I am holding a week as just got to 0.5 but I may just jump. I have spoken to people who did who actually improved quite soon. One never knows

Good luck buddy

I’m about at .03 Klonopin .. short term user (1mg for 21 days June/July) did a rapid taper in the beginning cause I didn’t know what I was doing .. and wanted off fast. Help at .125 and tapered down from there. Not feeling that great, and wondering if me being on it is even doing anything.

I jumped at .5 mg Valium last year and wish I hadn’t. I wish I’d been paying attention to my body more carefully and slowed way down at the lower doses. I ended up reinstating 4 days later.

Hi kitsune !  Were you hurting pretty bad towards your previous taper before you jumped ? I’m eager to get off after short term use. But am really nervous !! And sx are not fun ...

I had a relatively uneventful taper last year, I felt pretty good through most of it, when I jumped I had no idea what was coming. I was blindsided.  :-\

As per sig, the lower I got the further out my sx from a cut hit proper..

Jumped ok at 0.5v, but as sx built I realised it was too soon for my goals and situation..

Reinstated at 0.25v after a couple of months.. My final tapering sx cycled through and away, leaving only the deeper effects or damage that are not isolated to just benzos..  -Or in other words, things went well..

There were some life events that make it too complicated to define my post jump experience with any clarity.. But I was living life pretty good prior to tapering other meds..

I did! I think I’d always planned to. I wish I could say it’s been all roses but...nope lol. Honestly I’d just decided it was time to get it out of my body. Super slow taper didn’t make a difference past a point for my symptoms. I was mentally ready to be done tapering and face full acute. It was hard, but no part of the taper was easy for me. I’d also been cold turkeyed before so this certainly was easier, in comparison. TBH I barely remember what happened when I jumped. 10 months ago feels like years. It’s been a roller coaster of healing but I’ve had some windows.

Healing 64

Did you jump ?

I’ve held for 1 week

Still undecided 🤷‍♂️ calling doctors today. Do I jump or taper a little more. The pain at this rate may make me unable to function

Oct 2018 to Oct 2020 and to MT 3mg V to 0.5 now is super slow, I may be feeling crap because I’m keeping it going ??? Such a hard decision

Thanks everyone

So far I think I’m mentally ready

It’s been nothing but very physically painful below 2mg, my body is clearly telling me something! I’ve gone so slow to. Gotta face it sometime

May as well be now

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]