Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How long I will take

[...]

So I'am now taking 0.75mg Clonazepam a day went from 1mg for almost 5 months I tried CT once and I had the worst symptoms in my life... how long will my WD symtomps will last after finishing my tapering? Do think should I stop at 0.125mg and go CT again?

Generally it is seen that 10% cut every 2 weeks may seem fine. Cuts towards the end should be smaller and with more gaps also. It is a trial and error as every one is different. Please read the Ashton manual and if it helps work with your doctor to move to a Valium taper than a clonazepam one as the withdrawal with Valium may be less as compared to Clonazepam. Hope you do well. Peace ✌️

I don't think you should stop until you're down to 0.025, Ashton's recommendation for clonazepam.

As far as w/d symptoms after you've finished, this is my 21st day of being benzo free.  For me, it hasn't been too bad.  I feel better now than I did during most of my taper.  For some reason, I did better toward the end as sometimes I went too fast and I finally got the hang of it and went slower in the end.  So, it's definitely different for everyone.

I tried valium since my benzo is short-acting, too, but I couldn't not handle the sedation it gave me.  If you can, it might be a good way to go.

I did not cut and hold, just did a DLMT (daily liquid micro taper), reducing just a little each day.  The whole 'trip' took 1 year, 9 months, 1 week and 2 days.  Yes, I had setbacks, but I made it, such an accomplishment.

Slow is the best way for sure.

All the best...

I am tapering clonazepam.  I was on .5 mgs once a day and have been tapering for 14 months.  I am now at .003 mgs. This is a very low dose.  I am not jumping.  I am walking off at almost zero dose.  This should be in not more than another week to 10 days.  I reduced usually 10% of whatever the current dose was, every 10 days.  At times I had to hold up to a month.  It depends on how you handle your reductions how long it takes.  Just keep going and try not to count the days in advance. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]