Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

7 month update

[CM...]

Quick update. Haven’t been on here in a while. I’ll be 7 months off next week. The last 10 days I have gone golfing 6 times. Six times. I wasn’t able to golf once without my cns going insane. It hasn’t caused me any bad waves. Which literally blows my mind. I AM HEALING.

My waves used to hit every night and cause massive cortisol rushes. I’ve been sleeping amazing the last few weeks. I can definitely tell I’m healing. But I’m still a ways away.

Tinnitus. Fatigue. Inflammation. Brain fog. Histamine intolerance are my main symptoms left.

Does anyone feel like their gut flora has been compromised due to wd? I feel like that may be causing my inflammation. I eat extremely healthy and follow a low histamine and low inflammatory diet but still can tell my body is dealing with inflammation. Anyone else dealing with inflammation from wd? And do u know what causes it? Knowing why always makes me feel better.

If I didn’t have histamine issues I feel like I’d be close to healed. Maybe 80%

I’m glad to see an update from you! You sound so good and it sounds like you’re out living your life. I wish I had answers to your questions, but hopefully someone will come along and help.

Quick update. Haven’t been on here in a while. I’ll be 7 months off next week. The last 10 days I have gone golfing 6 times. Six times. I wasn’t able to golf once without my cns going insane. It hasn’t caused me any bad waves. Which literally blows my mind. I AM HEALING.

My waves used to hit every night and cause massive cortisol rushes. I’ve been sleeping amazing the last few weeks. I can definitely tell I’m healing. But I’m still a ways away.

Tinnitus. Fatigue. Inflammation. Brain fog. Histamine intolerance are my main symptoms left.

Does anyone feel like their gut flora has been compromised due to wd? I feel like that may be causing my inflammation. I eat extremely healthy and follow a low histamine and low inflammatory diet but still can tell my body is dealing with inflammation. Anyone else dealing with inflammation from wd? And do u know what causes it? Knowing why always makes me feel better.

If I didn’t have histamine issues I feel like I’d be close to healed. Maybe 80%

Happy for you man, you had a rough go for awhile there.  Not saying you would or that you even do drink, but god please don't screw it up by drinking alcohol.  trust me

Thanks for update CMZ18.  Sounds good to me for 7 months out.  :thumbsup:

I'm 20 months out from Valium and no longer experience the gut issues you ask about, but feel I too  have a way to go in other ways.  Symptoms (mainly mental) seem to abate, then cruelly kick back in.  I won't bore you with them as think when a man's on the golf links let him see the fairway.  8)

I am healing slowly CMZ though wish it were not so slow.  We can't hurry Time, hey? 

I'm so very happy to read of your progress.  It gives hope to us all. 

*  I'm figuring you are a man, though do know that there are many great women golfers on the green. 🏌🏻

Dee x 

This post made me so happy - super glad for you!

As for GI issues..mine have been mild and come and go. I prob am not what you're looking for in regards help. Sorry!

Really happy for you. Continue to heal and wishing you the best. I'm in a setback due to Elmiron so back in acute for me. I hope to be where you are soon! Pelvic floor stiff and painful so back in the pelvic pain and bladder issues. I'm 13 months off today and feels more like day 1.

Lenny

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]