Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anyone dealing with brain sensations

[cc...]

[cc...]
I am currently dealing with brain injury from xanax >:(. I have seen a improvement since cold turkey earlier this year. I'm still experiencing burning, tingling different areas of my brain. I know it's the nerves healing but want to know if there's anyone dealing with it or did you have it before? If so what kind of tools did you use to cope with them? I've been trying to stay busy and distract myself as much as possible.

Yes, I am dealing with terrible head pain, burning sensation, and tingling almost every day for two weeks.  I had some relief mid-September with no headaches for five days, but they are back and keeping me bed bound.  This is my worst symptom! 

[cc...]
I completely understand. I have had it every day for many months all over my brain . I agree the worst symptom I've ever had..I know what we are feeling is healing symptoms nerves are regenerating

My neurologist also thinks that the head symptoms are from the nerve endings trying to heal and regenerate.  I have read posts from other benzo buddies who are suffering the same symptoms we are.  How long have your head problems been reading their ugly head?  Worst symptom I have!!!!!

[cc...]
Yes it is true what neurologist is telling most doctors don't tell you this they will try to link it to anxiety but don't tell us that it is actually injury to brain. But at least we know now what's going on in our heads. Mines has been 8 months go far. My symptoms are tingling and buzzing all the time during the day. At night I can feel them while I sleep :-* but I try to tell my self you are healing and one day this hell of a journey will be over with. Did you have sensitivities to food or anything?

I think some of my head related symptoms are related to food sensitivities:  yesterday I ate a sweet and a hot dog, both known to cause a worsening of symptoms.  I am really suffering today, how are you feeling????

[cc...]
I sure hope those symptoms pass so you are able to be free from this mess. I am hanging in there so far just trying to allow these symptoms to pass as the days go by..my mood is way better than before. I have windows here and there. I do feel healing happening though

im not sure if its "brain" but i get head skin tingling sensations a lot and sometimes it feels like my scalp is warming up like microwave. Really odd stuff.

I am currently dealing with brain injury from xanax >:(. I have seen a improvement since cold turkey earlier this year. I'm still experiencing burning, tingling different areas of my brain. I know it's the nerves healing but want to know if there's anyone dealing with it or did you have it before? If so what kind of tools did you use to cope with them? I've been trying to stay busy and distract myself as much as possible.

You sound as if you have it under control. Well done. Distraction is absolutely vital.

[cc...]
@give me hope thank you so much. I'm trying some days my nerves are calm and than other days they are just uncomfortable :o. But I'll keep on distracting until I reach full recovery.  :)

[cc...]
@sundanceshaman did you notice that it got better within the 36 months? I wish mines would go off some days. Everyday my nerves tingle day and night. But I did notice it has improved since I cold 🦃

@4yahminah, I’m in the same boat. Short termer, 7 months off all meds now, nerve pain, brain vibrations, brain twitching, bodily electric sensations. I wish they would stop. They get worse if I’m stressed or over exerting. Hope we don’t have to wait years for this to end.

[cc...]
@Trying2BHopeful I am sorry to hear that. I wish it would stop to. The brain symptoms are awful. I try my best not to stress because my nerves get irritated. Yes hopefully ours will eventually leave or heal. I just keep telling myself no matter what I'm feeling" I'm healing"...Do you exercise or try eating food that supports the brain?

I stopped exercising. Even taking walks revs me up so I only walk if I absolutely must, going to the shops for food shopping only basically... and I’m off all inflammatory foods, sugar gluten etc. Don’t eat processed foods either. Crossing fingers for us...

[cc...]
Yes I understand seems like our bodies are extra sensitive to many things. It's crazy. Up and down but I hope we heal even more as the months pass by..one day we will have a success story to inspire others that are suffering like us.

@give me hope thank you so much. I'm trying some days my nerves are calm and than other days they are just uncomfortable :o. But I'll keep on distracting until I reach full recovery.  :)

You are right, it is uncomfortable, but the signs for you are good. The good days will increase in number. Keep clean, have faith.

Best,

G

[e9...]

@sundanceshaman did you notice that it got better within the 36 months? I wish mines would go off some days. Everyday my nerves tingle day and night. But I did notice it has improved since I cold 🦃

No it went away in my acute phase during this time it was 24/7 and now it comes and goes. I can be free from it for months and suddenly it comes back stay a few days disappear comes back etc. I have more burning spots in feets right now...

[cc...]
@give me hope I cant wait for those good days that you are talking about to increase more where I don't have to think about these symptoms anymore... thanks for your positive feedback.  :)

[cc...]
@sundanceshaman that is great I'm happy to hear yours have improve. So I have no choice but to patiently wait for it to decrease with time. I Hope your burning spots on your feet gets better. I Had burning feet before it did improve over time.

@pinkyandbrain yes it's so uncomfortable. Have you been dealing with it for a long time?

i never really got head stuff until recently. maybe last few months.

[cc...]
Oh ok that sucks I hope yours heal soon..dealing with the head pain tingling right now. Usually it's calm. I am not sure if I'm in a wave right now or something I eat. Just trying to stay optimistic this stuff is unbelievable sometimes :'(

Oh ok that sucks I hope yours heal soon..dealing with the head pain tingling right now. Usually it's calm. I am not sure if I'm in a wave right or something I eat. Just trying to stay optimistic this stuff is unbelievable sometimes :'(

lol im exactly the same right now. last 24 hours have been a flare up for me. lets me optimistic though. im sure itll be over soon.  ;D:)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]