Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does it really ever get better?

[Va...]

I’m feeling discouraged. I’m so overwhelmed with symptoms that every day is a battle to it’s own. My brain has been bent into mental pain i never knew existed. Way beyond anxiety or depression. I’m really tired of suffering.Tapering slow doesn’t matter. It’s still bloody hell. (That’s what happens when you reach true tolerance, and withdrawal) I’m 26. Missing out on life and everything that goes with it. To think I got 10 months of tapering and then lord knows how long after that is purely overwhelming. I just can’t see through this forest. How do you guys keep up morale?

We just grit our teeth and go on, Vasco. The alternative is . . . unthinkable.

In my case, I had my work to come back to. Every day I believed that I would be back at work, doing what I used to do (I'm a writer). It was miserable and rotten and hard and most of the time I felt like I was dying or losing my mind, but I figured if I could live until the end of the day, I'd be one day closer to the end of my horrible ordeal. I am not a religious person, but somewhere I found the strength to believe.

My belief paid off. I AM back at work.

Hang on, Vasco.

Best,

:smitten:

Katz

I felt a little like that when I first started tapering. I was annoyed that it might take six months and then when I got into it, I realized it was going to be over a year. I'm now 10 months in and even though it has been tough, I can see how far I've come and I do get some windows that make me feel glad I started this process. 

I am 14 months into a taper and almost at the end.  In fact, I am 3 years in because I tapered once and had to reinstate and start over.  It does get better.  It really does.  You can do this.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]