Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

TO BE OR NOT TO BE, THIS IS MY QUESTION: SIX MONTH WAVE

[Ga...]

My fourth month was horrible after a first three months of windows and waves, my fifth month was better than the fourth, and now into my sixth and one half month, I feel as if I am back into an acute stage of my major symptoms of daily headaches and benzo flu.  I Have seen numerous references to a “sixth month wave”, and am now beginning to wonder if this is what I am experiencing?????  May your waves be small and your windows large and permanent :smitten:

I'm in a wave at 6 months too. But I know mine is because of stress. Tried to go back to work, not a good idea yet. But on the whole it's not as bad as acute, and my waves have been getting less severe. On a positive note tho, I do find more improvement after a big wave. So hope you do after this.

Thanks so much for your reply....it does mean a lot when a fellow bb sufferer validates another bb’s suffering.  All for one and one for all :highfive:

It is strange how the manufacturers of the benzos state that it only takes one month to get over  short-acting benzos and 2 months for long-acting benzos.........I wonder if they have eaten their own candy?

Hi Nitro.  Yes, it is so upsetting, as I sit here in withdrawal hell, knowing that my doctor is off on a biking adventure for a week.  He is a good doctor of Chinese descent, but I had to take a copy of the Ashton Manual to him to get him on board with my taper off of 5 mg of Valium.  He worked with me, and helped me to learn to meditate; in fact, we had a meditation session in his office when I had a second panic attack.  My younger neurologist says that the younger generation of doctors are taught more about the dangers of benzo addiction after using for two to four weeks!  He is real benzo savvy and very supportive of my journey through benzoland :smitten:  How are you doing today?

Excellent. I very much like Eastern Medicine and thought. I found 101 Zen Koans to be very enlightening, and I meditate, not enough, but occasionally. Today was a strange day, I started off depressed, but felt better as the day progressed (the day Sunday). Now, I am just sleepy, in fact, so tired that that I am calling it a night. Goodnight.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]