Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Frustrating!!! I can't do easy to mild physical activities most times.

[Ma...]

Hello everyone,

Its very frustrating that my body still is not letting me do the things I could do before like being out in the sun most times working in my yard breaking sweat, run long areas, work on home projects, basically easy stuff. My heart rate increases, my belly gets tight, I get air hungry, dizzy, nausea. Going out places is difficult too. I'm starting to become agoraphobia. I struggle when there's someone with me in the car. I have to be on my own. I'm doing things very easy and slowly to not trigger my symptoms which works but  its so very limiting practically hardly doing anything other s see it as me being lazy or somethings wrong with me. As for the going out part I'm beginning more house bound or limiting my self travel short distant only and concerned being out too long. I've never been like this ever. This is not me. I'm trying to do some exposure therapy on my own but I don't see me getting better. I'm just letting out my frustration 😤 😒

Wow, I could have written that post, the things you say are nearly identical to mine, I think it safe to say that this is the horrible throws of withdrawal and can take some time to get out of,,,,

Do you have any muscle tension, head and neck pressure?  The symptoms you describe regarding how you feel around people are just like mine,,,,in time we heal

Hello daydreamer,

Yes I have a lot of head pressure, some neck, upper back tension too. For me every part of my being is so over sensitive, easily triggered..I read your tread did you jump off any meds?

Same happens to me Mark.  Slowly it is improving and can now do a little work in the garden, but still tire easily. 

I don't know what causes it Mark, but can help but think that this thing has been so exhausting, so traumatic, it's little wonder we are feeling stuffed. 

There are probably other reasons too, chemical, etc., but I'm not well enough versed to really know.  All that I know is that it's slowly improving.  Just got to keep moving forward. 

D x

all normal...i like you like to be physically active as well. Weirdly I felt more physically capable 4 months after jumping than I do now! Keep reminding myself its just part of the journey as we heal ...and  to be patient until we get to that place.  :smitten:

Mark

I was on celexa for 6 mo

but drank craft beer and smoked cannabis every night for many years, I stopped all that,,,lol,,,thats probably the issue,,,I need to go back to what worked for me, but sensitive to everything now

Yeah, its pretty crazy..!! I did so well for so long, then it hit...

Was thinking its nearly wheel chair time, but the kids wrecked that years ago, so its one foot infront of the other still... -Rightly so, I imagine..

Im just trying hard to hang on to the last of that function and ride it out.. Improvement seems elusive atm, and im lucky to have past experiences that let me know this is different from deterioration due to long periods of inactivity, otherwise Id be going mad..!!

i'm so frustrated by this as well.  i have everything you have almost to a t.  i used to be so active and ambitious.  now i'm afraid to leave the house for fear of having to wave hi to someone.  good greif.  just want to feel good again and be able to experience some sort of positive affect.  i am better than i was 6 months ago though so i have to try to hang onto that.

SAME!. i call this the stamina issue.

Like the healing has been really good for me when im "at rest" mode.

but the moment im exerting my system at all and im in "go" mode. Different story completely. Stamina is exhausted in 15-45 mins max. any hard labor, 2-5 mins max. and i go back to where i was at like 12 months ago during my "at rest" mode.

so im constantly putting guarding my body from any exertion. its depressing af. im like my own nurse maid.

Another thing I notice is that “damage” from the “2-5 minutes” now take till day 2/3 to really hit..

-Kinda makes sweeping the floor pointless... (well thats my excuse..!!)

Its all a pretty complex or multi-faceted thing when one delves into it.. -not to imply I have answers though..

:(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]