Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

13 years on Clonazepam, now 13 years off Clonazepam...Still having problems

[Sn...]

The title says it all...I’m 55 now and have not been able to work full time since I tapered off Clonazepam 13 years ago.  I continue to suffer severe, debilitating insomnia and have just been diagnosed with REM sleep behaviour disorder by a neurologist after 5 sleep studies.  The neurologist is testing me for autoimmune encephalitis, and if that test is negative, it’s very probable that I will develop Parkinson’s over the next few years. I haven’t really thought much about the hellish and protracted withdrawal that I went through and now realise that I should have mentioned it to the neurologist.  Ironically, the first line of treatment for REM sleep behaviour disorder is Clonazepam!😜. Anyone have similar neurological problems many years post withdrawal? I’ve also been diagnosed with attention deficit disorder but could not tolerate the Adderall or Ritalin. I feel as though my brain was fried during my Benzo withdrawal and I have not been able to function normally since.

[93...]

Hello Snoyla, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm glad you have found us and are joining our community.  It sounds as if you have had a rough go of it, with both post-withdrawl symptoms and with other health issues; I'm sorry to hear this.

Insomnia is such a common problem with benzo withdrawl.  Here is a link to the insomnia forum where you will find both support and information that may be helpful:

Insomnia

You are not alone in this.  We are a supportive bunch here at BB.  Please let us know how we can help.

Best and again, welcome,

Kate

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]