Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

will a tiny cup of wine affect me withdrawal/progess 4 months out?

[co...]

hi,

i was meeting with some people (long story) and i was offered wine, it would of been rude to refuse and i had a very very small cup of it. Do you think this will affect my healing @ like 4 months out?

How do you feel? If it was a wrong choice ppl usually feel it pretty soon after having some.

Some ppl can tolerate it - others can't. I'm def one of those that cannot...but thats me.

Please use caution :smitten:

I agree with trina.  I would be very cautious with alcohol.  Some people don't have a problem but many do from what I see here on the forum.  Personally, I found that even a small amount triggered bad waves for me.  It will be a while before I try a glass of wine again. 

I agree with trina and Brighter. Four months is a little soon imo. I waited until a year off --I felt well, had few lingering w/ds. I always declined alcohol in social situations by saying I was taking a med that didn't mix well with alcohol. People seemed to understand. That way I wasn't being a party pooper.  ;)

Best,

Katz

I felt Ok. I didn't get drunk or anything.. I will always decline this in future, i'll just say that I can't have it at the moment for health reasons..

I have had social drinks all throughout my taper and after jumping.  It cannot see where it has hindered me.  But I only have a couple of drinks at a time, typically a couple of glasses of wine with dinner.  I never get drunk. 

So if you did not have any I’ll effects, then you can enjoy a drink here and there.  But some people cannot stop at just one or two drinks, and if you know you can’t stop, then don’t start.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]