Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I need some advice guys

[De...]

Let first start by saying month 4 I saw improvements my period (sorry tmi) Is back to normal no more short periods and I saw hours in the days both in month 4 and this month (5) where 24/7 anxiety was gone for a few hours I hadn’t times where I felt 100%. Well i read it on here before and it happened  good windows and awful waves. Month 5 waves have been awful I pretty much got revisited by every symptom I had coming off the stuff.. I just needed to vent that’s not why I’m posting.

So since coming off lorazepam I was so desperate for sleep that I started taking unisum at first is was like 3 pills to get a few hours of sleep then as time went on I gradually reduced my unisum intake and I sleep 6-7 hours when I take it but the thing is it’s been almost 5 months and I want to get off of it. I know this is silly cause unisum is like Benedryl but it’s not meant to take for this long and I’m afraid I’ve developed a dependence to it. My question is could the unisum I’ve taken since Day one of cold turkey had put a bandaid over my sleep healing ?does anyone out there take it daily and still recovered? I’m not gonna take anymore and hope for the best but just want some reassurance that I didn’t screw myself out of 5 months of sleep healing  :(

I didn’t sleep last night and today I feel super nauseous and like I want to go to sleep. My mom said that’s a good sign cause that’s how most ppl feel when they’re sleep deprived before back in the beginning when I didn’t sleep for days I was just awake and didn’t feel nauseous or anything

I don't think taking Unisom has compromised your recovery, please don't worry about that, if its helped you get some sleep then that's a good thing.  I think its great you're ready to stop taking it and I don't feel your body has developed a dependence on it, you're just used to having a crutch.  Time to throw away the crutch and let your own body do the job it knows how to do once we get out of the way.

Your Mom is right, that tired feeling is a good thing, you may not sleep great tonight either but you'll get the hang of it and natural sleep is wonderful, you're going to love it.  :thumbsup:

Desert, I took Unisom for quite awhile . . . until it stopped working. I tapered it off by cutting the pills up into bits then taking a bit less each night. It worked.

Hope this helps,

Katz

Desert, I took Unisom for quite awhile . . . until it stopped working. I tapered it off by cutting the pills up into bits then taking a bit less each night. It worked.

Hope this helps,

Katz

How long did you take it for?

i have unisom on and off for sleep, im about a month behind you. i dont think its been a bandaid on your healing. for me it makes me feel worse, seems to trigger waves, so if anything you might feel a bit better once fully off the unisom.

Sleep might be a bit tricky for a bit, but it should improve very soon :)

glad to see you back on here btw and hope you are doing ok overall

i have unisom on and off for sleep, im about a month behind you. i dont think its been a bandaid on your healing. for me it makes me feel worse, seems to trigger waves, so if anything you might feel a bit better once fully off the unisom.

Sleep might be a bit tricky for a bit, but it should improve very soon :)

glad to see you back on here btw and hope you are doing ok overall

Thanks I know I took a break for a little just needed to get out of the benzo world for a little.  For me the unisum/ melatonin combo (crumbs I don’t take whole amounts of either)has been the only thing to help me sleep 6-7 hours I’m gonna slowly taper off and see how that goes right Len without it I literally can’t shut my brain off I’m up all night.  :( I saw your post about the lips, tongue throat stuff:

I’ve had/have all that!

Two years, Desert.

Katz

Two years of unisum? How is your sleep now? Are you from Oregon that’s where I’m originally from. 

I don’t think I’m ready to get off the unisum yet I took my piece last night and slept 6 hours and without I sleep 0 I need to heal more in the sleep department maybe I’ll taper it slowly

I need to heal more in the sleep department maybe I’ll taper it slowly

I agree with Pamster, Desert. Taper it as slowly as you need to. I stopped it because it wasn't helping me any longer.

:smitten:

Katz

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]