Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Work

[dr...]

I currently work 13 hour shifts, 4 days a week, and its been fine until i got knocked into a wave where its unbearable to get out of bed let alone go into work. What have people done when it gets this bad? I took a day off yesterday saying i wasnt feeling well, but i cant keep doing that.

What shift do you work?  What are your symptoms?  Am I reading your signature right, you did a cold turkey in Dec 2019 from 2 mgs of Xanax?  Does anyone you work with know what you're dealing with?  What kind of work do you do?

Well done for continuing to work 13hour shifts, I couldn't work 4 hours last week, returning after 5.5 months off, and have had to go back on the sick. It's difficult especially when my doctor who got me into this mess doesn't believe me, and I can tell she doesn't want to write my certs.

I'm not sure what you can do, except maybe telling your boss what you are going through at the moment and try to explain there might be days where you can't work. Another option could be asking to reduce your hours for a while, that might give you a bit more energy to hold off the worst waves?

I've told my boss, but whether he believes me or not I don't know. Either way, at the very least I think they will appreciate the honesty and hopefully understand to a degree, perhaps work with you to come up with a solution?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]