Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Osteoporosis and Vitamin D

[de...]

Hi everyone. 

I have Osteoporosis and doctor wants me to take Fosomax as well as Vitamin D. 

Seems when I take Vitamin D my face becomes flushed and anxiety increases.  Has anyone else had this response?

Also afraid to take Fosomax, but really want to save my bones.  Has anyone had bad response to Fosomax?

I have never had problems with Vitamin D before benzos,  and was able to tolerate Fosomax pre benzo's.  Now I'm afraid of all medications and wish it were not so. 

Thanks in advance.

Dee x

Hi everyone. 

I have Osteoporosis and doctor wants me to take Fosomax as well as Vitamin D. 

Seems when I take Vitamin D my face becomes flushed and anxiety increases.  Has anyone else had this response?

Also afraid to take Fosomax, but really want to save my bones.  Has anyone had bad response to Fosomax?

I have never had problems with Vitamin D before benzos,  and was able to tolerate Fosomax pre benzo's.  Now I'm afraid of all medications and wish it were not so. 

Thanks in advance.

Dee x

Sorry Dee.How are about supplementation with osteocare plus which contains calcium,magnesium,vitamin D,zinc and omega 3 fatty acids as well.I found that it as well reduced my anxiety when I could supplement with it.I wish you would first discuss about it with your doctor.

Bexlan

Thanks Bexlan going to pharmacist today so will have have a look at Osteocare.  Need something. 

So tired of all this crap. 

Hope you're doing OK Bexlan.  :smitten:

Vit D makes my head fizz more, heat along spine, hallucinatory shit and muscles to completely lose tone and collapse so I choke as throat collapses but most things do that to me.

Thanks Ajusta.

When I looked it up saw that it (D) was related to hormones in some way.  My face became flushed, bones hurt, and felt a bit unsteady.  Not pleasant. 

I didn't research it thoroughly, but I'm sure it was the D that did it.  Not taking it again. 

Thanks Bexlan going to pharmacist today so will have have a look at Osteocare.  Need something. 

I am getting better began working again.I started feeling alive the lower I got on prozac. Hope you find something that helps.

Bexlan

I am getting better began working again.I started feeling alive the lower I got on prozac. Hope you find something that helps.

Bexlan

That's good, it was the Prozac making you a zombie. Thought it was.

Onwards and upwards.

Was actually looking at vital D, was using it last year and it helped but last year's withdrawal was a walk in the park compared to this hell I'm in now. I guess there's only one way to find out

Vitamin D may play a significant role in joint health, and that low levels may increase the risk of Rheumatologic conditions such as arthritis. Several studies have found low blood levels of vitamin D in patients with osteoarthritis of the hip and knee. In another study of more than 2,000 people, researchers found that vitamin D deficiency was strongly associated with disabling symptoms among those with rheumatoid arthritis. While it may be true that people with arthritis don't get as much sun exposure — exposure to the sun helps promote vitamin D production in the body — the study authors adjusted for that and still found that being vitamin D deficient was linked to arthritis pain. More info on website

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]