Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Having trouble

[...]

Started ativan .5mg with dr rx.  After 3 weeks began feeling withdrawals and wanted off the meds.  Not understanding what I was in for quit cold turkey.  This threw me into a tailspin of severe anxiety and depression.  Dr now says just taper off slowly by halfing the super tiny pill multiple times.  It is not working and 6 weeks later I am still suffering, still on the same .5mg dose only now it doesnt work.  I seem to be very drug sensitive.  I cant get off the drug.  I cant find the right doctor to work with to help me.  I am tired and at a loss for what to do.

Hello JBen021, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

It sounds like you are very sensitive to these drugs but they're very powerful so I'm not surprised.  We can help you find a way to taper off of that tiny pill, we have many methods for doing this, you can find them here:  Planning your taper (Taper Plans).  You can start a thread on one of those boards asking for suggestions from other members, it sounds like titration which means making very small reductions might be best for you.

Many of our members can't find a Dr who understands this process so they rely on us for help but use their Dr's to prescribe the drug, it's possible to regain your freedom, many of us have.

If you'd like to connect with others going through what you are, feel free to start a thread on theWithdrawal Support (during your taper) board, we understand what you're going through.

Please let us know how we can help you, we're glad you found us.

Pamster

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]