Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Head pressure/pain/squeezing

[51...]

[51...]
This is my worst sxs and so scared how long ill have to deal with it. If this sxs would go I could be functional or more functional........it gets worse with more activity, stress, or high histamine foods.....anyone else?

Head pressure was one of my worst symptoms too. For me it was at its worst in the first couple months after I jumped and eased up after a few months.  But remember, everyone's path of recovery is different.  I honestly didn't find anything that helped or made it worse.  I just tried to practice healthy habits as much as possible with a wholesome diet, plenty of water to stay well hydrated, moderate exercise, as much rest as possible, etc.

If you do a search of "head pressure" you'll find it is a very common withdrawal symptom and loads of posts about it.

I hope yours eases up soon. 

[51...]

Yes, it scares me, was yours constant? Mine gets better than worse but it doesn't fully go and I've had it for many months, started during last part of my taper. I've heard others say it came and went for them, so that part scares me the most...

I'm on zero medications or supplements i also eat super clean, so hopefully it will get better soon!!

I had massive headaches and tightness too in first months after the jump. Only thing that I found helping was hot compress on my forehead and temples. I have sort of wheat grain filled massage pillow that can be heated in a microwave. It worked well for me, I still occasionally use that for milder aches too. I haven't totally gotten rid of them, though I've always had some migraines. I guess hot towel would do the trick too. Worth trying anyway. I've found high histamine foods as huge trigger to my symptoms too.

Mine was constant too. I did a fast taper (5 wks). with my doctor's guidance  - it was before I found BB.  The head pressure started shortly after I quit.I remember waking up in the morning, hoping it wasn't there but it was.  It felt incredibly discouraging and when I mentioned to my doctor and my therapist neither of them had ever heard of it - and that really scared me too.  But it did go away. 

[51...]

Thanks guys helps so much to hear others have this as well. Wish mine would atleast come and go and not be constant..

What about the healed?......remember this sxs?..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]