Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Question regarding Sexual health

[G-...]

I am a 40 year old guy, and married.

How has withdrawl affected your sexual health?  For me, it's hard to even think about sex often times because I don't feel well and I'm just not myself. Even masturbation seems like a chore and my penis is not as reactive as it use to be when I was well.  Sometimes I tell myself that this terrible disease has now forced me to be sexually disfunctional... another thing it has robbed me of.  My wife knows I am dealing with bad health things and is supportive to the extend that she be. I just feel bad like I am not being a good partner to her.  :sick:

How long will a partner wait around for anoher person to heal? 1 year, 2 years, then what? Ugh...

This is a senstive topic I know, and I've been concerened about it, but I figured might as well come right out and ask..

Let me know what you think.

[e6...]

Yep. Don’t even care anymore. Never feel turned on.

Not me either. Feels like my libido is gone. 3 years off soon and a very supportive husband.

I'm 34 and I used to have a very active sex drive before benzos. Its 1 Year and 08 months since I'm in withdrawal.

My sex drive is almost non existent. Days pass by and it feels I've no happiness in life.

Benzos almost kill the sex drive. Hope it get backs to the same pre benzos level. I think it would take a lot of time for recovery.

I hate benzos. They almost make you emotionless and numb.

[e6...]

I'm 34 and I used to have a very active sex drive before benzos. Its 1 Year and 08 months since I'm in withdrawal.

My sex drive is almost non existent. Days pass by and it feels I've no happiness in life.

Benzos almost kill the sex drive. Hope it get backs to the same pre benzos level. I think it would take a lot of time for recovery.

I hate benzos. They almost make you emotionless and numb.

I agree I had that too and now it is complete gone. No sex drive. Its gone.  :-\

Sorry to hear this. Some ppl have the opposite problem with hyperarousal.

i hope you have a woman who truly loves you, and even though this can wear on a relationship, chooses to love you no matter what.

Just keep showing her affection in other meaningful ways like hugs and kisses, cuddle up watching tv if you can. It helps to stay connected.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]