Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Wave at 8 months

[G-...]

It's been 8 months since I withdrew from Klonopin (Feb 2020). It's been rough but I've been fucntioning OK for the past 5 months (working from home, being a dad to my 3 year old, doing stuff around the house, etc).  I hadn't had a bad wave since May and now out of nowhere, at 8 months, I am having a bad wave that has taken over and I feel hopeless.

Honestly, I am really shocked that this is happening at this point. This feels similar (but not as extreme) as when I just jumped off the meds 8 months ago.  :'(  I kinda thought I was past the phase of bad waves taking me down and need to be laying in bed and suffering and just waiting...  It also makes me question whether I will ever, honestly, "Heal".  Is that a real thing? What does that even mean anyway. Is it similar to how I have felt for the last 5 months or so?  I see people refer to how they were pre Benzos.. well, frankly I can't remeber that time for myself  because it was 20 years ago and I would have been a teenager.  Does being "healed" mean I feel great, or just acceptable enough to get by in life?  :D  :(

Just feeling hopeless here.,, Any thoughts, feelings, feedback, on anything I've mentioned above would be highly appreciated!

Healing/recovery feels great, you'll know it when it happens for you.  When it happened for me I was euphoric, seriously, I reveled in being able to sit on my sofa in peace.  I still wake up in the morning, 12 years later in awe of how good I feel, it's real.

Can you tell us what's been going on in your life, have you faced any stressful situations, how is your overall health, have you imbibed any alcohol or taken any new medications or supplements?

It's discouraging to get hit by a bad wave after a long window.  There's no rhyme or reason for the trajectory recovery takes but people do recover.  When you're feeling hopelessness creep in and  need a reminder that recovery happens and people feel joy again please read Success Stories.

You say that your wave came out of the blue - and I've seen others experience this.  Some members says they were hit with a bad wave just before significant healing happened for them.  In my own experience I went for a good long period in a window but then I experienced an increase in stress - boom, I was hit with a wave. Has there been an increase in stress for you recently?

I hope your wave fades away soon.

Healing/recovery feels great, you'll know it when it happens for you.  When it happened for me I was euphoric, seriously, I reveled in being able to sit on my sofa in peace.  I still wake up in the morning, 12 years later in awe of how good I feel, it's real.

Can you tell us what's been going on in your life, have you faced any stressful situations, how is your overall health, have you imbibed any alcohol or taken any new medications or supplements?

--------------

No, I have not taken a single drop of alcohol since 7 months ago (I learned that the hard way). Also, not a single other drug or medication. Nothing at all.  Not much has changed in my life. I am working remotely on a flexible schedule. I did just move to a new house, but other than that, nothing over the top. 

I've heard a few mention a huge wave after a period of feeling ok. "The final wave", hopefully you will see some real improvement after as brighterday mentioned. I normally notice some improvements after a big wave for sure

G-Bones - Your and my story is pretty same. I was also on it for 20yrs. .5x2 a day Klonopin. My last taper dose was in Feb 20. I am also working remote and able to function okay but never really felt great. I don't have any physical symptoms left, it's mental now and from last few days it worst. My main symptoms are that I am not connected with reality and feel in dream state. This causes intense fear inside me. Everything thing around me looks weird and I feel like what's all these and why we doing all these....very weird.....What are your symptoms and what's your worst .....hope we get better soon....hang in there ..may be few more days/months... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I did just move to a new house, but other than that, nothing over the top.

I've usually found moving to be stressful and stress is a huge contributor to waves, hopefully things will settle down soon and as Having a mare said, this will be your final one.  :)

GBone,

I have the same thing like you. I taught i was slowly gradually getting better. My symptoms was manageable, still struggling alittle. Then bam 6 months hit me hard within 2 weeks. A major wave setback like in the beginning. Its very frustrating and exhausting.

GBone,

I have the same thing like you. I taught i was slowly gradually getting better. My symptoms was manageable, still struggling alittle. Then bam 6 months hit me hard within 2 weeks. A major wave setback like in the beginning. Its very frustrating and exhausting.

Hey Mark. Yes I know it really sucks and is upsetting. I am kinda coming out of my wave now and that helps me to keep my head up. Hang in there! Hopefully the worst is behind us now. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Vi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]