Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Angina? or Muscle Spasms?

[Ha...]

Been to the ER for this so many times in the last couple months. Usually happens with exertion, like light walking around or climbing a flight of stairs. Of course nothing ever shows at the ER other than I have SVT. A CT angiogram is being arranged for me.

I get this awful pain in my chest, neck, shoulders and upper abdomen that feels like burning, tight agony and send my blood pressure up quite high. My arms, chest and neck become almost impossible to stretch out they are so tight. I'm not sure if this is Angina or Coranary Artery Spasm (obviously following up with cardiologist on this one) but has anyone else had muscle spasms this severe in these parts of the body on exertion? I climbed a flight of stairs and it got so bad, once I got back down into my bed I was sweating and the pain was so bad.

Didn't call 911 or go to the ER, as I've been so many damn times, I have a crazy big ambulance bill. I mean obviously I would go if it was much worse.

Has anyone had this before? :( It's been going on for a few months since I was on and discontinued a beta blocker.

Covid wracked me with extreme severe muscle sx especially the upper body neck head face. I feel I am made of iron every part of me, all major joints locked especially upper back, shoulder and neck of face.

Is it new to you? Sounds it only started after you stopped beta blockers

Covid wracked me with extreme severe muscle sx especially the upper body neck head face. I feel I am made of iron every part of me, all major joints locked especially upper back, shoulder and neck of face.

Is it new to you? Sounds it only started after you stopped beta blockers

Back in June I had developed a different kind of head/neck/shoulder pain and at the time I actually thought I had gotten covid because I had a lot of weird things going on (though could have been more benzo withdrawal, i don't even know anymore)

When I got on and off the metroprolol i'd wake up in the middle of the night with the most agonizing burning pain in my shoulders imaginable. I don't get it at night anymore but I suppose what I am feeling now is a bit different than the other ones listed above. But usually only happens with exertion. I did have a covid test done in ER a month ago or so, but they said it had a 33% failure rate.

How long did everything last for you with covid pain?

I hate how I have a heart issue (SVT) and this other stuff going on, it makes things hard to tell what's from drug withdrawal, virus etc. :(

• 2 years later...

Been to the ER for this so many times in the last couple months. Usually happens with exertion, like light walking around or climbing a flight of stairs. Of course nothing ever shows at the ER other than I have SVT. A CT angiogram is being arranged for me.

I get this awful pain in my chest, neck, shoulders and upper abdomen that feels like burning, tight agony and send my blood pressure up quite high. My arms, chest and neck become almost impossible to stretch out they are so tight. I'm not sure if this is Angina or Coranary Artery Spasm (obviously following up with cardiologist on this one) but has anyone else had muscle spasms this severe in these parts of the body on exertion? I climbed a flight of stairs and it got so bad, once I got back down into my bed I was sweating and the pain was so bad.

Didn't call 911 or go to the ER, as I've been so many damn times, I have a crazy big ambulance bill. I mean obviously I would go if it was much worse.

Has anyone had this before? :( It's been going on for a few months since I was on and discontinued a beta blocker.

Are you still having this heart pain?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]