Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Missed periods (menstrual)

[Fa...]

Hey friends,

I searched the topic “missed periods” and couldn’t find much. I’m 38, almost done with my taper and usually have very regular menstrual periods, but the last 2-3 cycles have been off - I missed my last period completely. I’ve finally met someone who I love and want to plan a family with him. I’m obviously having a lot of anxiety from cutting and have convinced myself that I’m not going to be able to have kids bc these last couple of months have been weird with my period. A year ago I had my eggs & AMH level checked and was healthy and all good. I’m just wondering if any women or doctors may have some feedback or experience with this? Many, many thanks & much love and support always.

Messed up periods are very common with taking benzos or in recovery from them. Early, late, missed, heavy, etc - you get the idea.  :)

Hello! Same Herr, exactly the same. I am not tapering Benzin, but antipsychotics . I have all the benzo withdrawal symptoms. I am 33 and my period used to be very regular. Since tapering... You have no idea. At first I had regular periods still, but much different from what they used to be like. The last 3 months they got lighter and lighter and now they stopped. I am terrified. My last taper took place 5 months ago and I really don't underatand and I wonder if I am now damaged for life. I have a daughter, but I want more kids. I don't have advice, but maybe it makes you feel better to know that someone else is going through the same including the fear that goes along with it :-(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]