Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How is this possible at at 27 months!!

[Po...]

Hi BB's,

I just don't understand how I went from having a relatively good baseline to pure hell all over again. I was at the point of spending time with friends, playing music in bars again, working, and feeling hopeful for the future. I still had symptoms, and it wasn't easy, but I was able to push myself. Last month I woke up one morning with the full blown shivers, and almost went to the ER because I felt like I so panicked that I thought I was loosing control. I haven't had a drop of alcohol or any drugs for over 2 years. I did take a probiotic for a few days, but stop for a few weeks before this all happened. It's been a month and a half of acute-like withdrawals, maybe worse. I feel so angry, and I've never felt this kind of anger before. I just wish I had some answers... :(

Hope everyone is getting by okay.

-Pvibes

Hi ,

I am very similar i felt I was getting through the recovery and I was managing the symptoms okay and I had confidence all was going well until 6th September no reason for a bad wave it is what it is but this time it knocked me down and I am just gutted with this all now my muscles all over my shoulders and neck have went in spasm as yes its no doubt just the recovery but as we all know this beats us all down then you start thinking is this something different , 27 months and you get slammed its just so evil , I hope this for us is a temporary wave , we must just keep going and keep our eyes on the ball and look forward to the times that instead of reading success stories it will be us who is writing the story , please keep going as people says it does get better and eventually ends best regards Colin

I doubt probiotics triggered it if you stopped them quite a while before. You’d think it would coincide otherwise.

I think it’s just part of the healing process. It sucks.

Thank you for the replies. I guess I'm just discouraged. I know it'll get better someday, and I guess I'm not as far along as I thought.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]