Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Do rescue doses count?

[th...]

Hi all

I was taking xanax .25 per day for 3 years, then switched to .25 -.5 klonopin for 1.5 years

4.5 yrs benzo use

Its been 1 year off klonopin, however I took 2 rescue doses since of .25 xanax one 8mo ago, the other 6mo ago

Last dose of any benzo was 6mo ago

Its seems after the last "rescue" dose 6mo ago things went awfully downhill, with new and crazy symptoms that have only gotten worse over 6mo

So am I 1yr off, or do the 2 doses I took count and I am only 6mo clean?

The other 6 mo, even though I took a dose Has to account for some healing, but my god, things went awful 6mo ago

[c6...]
Yes they do count. Rescue doses threw me into cold-turkey state. I was fine before. In fact I would say it's better to reinstate and do a taper then doing rescue doses. For someome who already got off of benzos rescue doses esentially are cold-turkey. Everytime you take a rescue dose you are doing a mini cold-turkey.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]