Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

An odd titration question please

[jo...]

Pamster the admin has allowed me to post on this board as I started a thread here.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=246741.0

I am trying to find a way to safely taper off micronised progesterone capsules.

I take one vaginally and one orally.

They are jelly capsules filled with water.

Here is a link to a picture of them.

I can't get cream in the uk,

It is helpful to read the background on the thread above

https://www.sciencephoto.com/media/1064471/view/utrogestan-progesterone-capsules

Hi journey,

I've reached out to one person and they told me there could be a problem due to the pill coating but they didn't know enough to be able to make a recommendation.  I've got a couple of other people to reach out to so give me a couple of days to contact them and I'll report what I find out, okay?

[3f...]

Can you use a patch instead of the pill/suppository?  I see where people can titrate using a patch (or if they are using creme).  I don't see any tapers for suppositories or pills.  The pills are not like most benzo pills.  They're coated.  Can't just smash them up and weigh them out.  Some even have liquid centers.  I guess it's done to increase bioavailability and stability.

With a patch approach, you simply cut away a portion of the patch.

Hi journey,

I've reached out to one person and they told me there could be a problem due to the pill coating but they didn't know enough to be able to make a recommendation.  I've got a couple of other people to reach out to so give me a couple of days to contact them and I'll report what I find out, okay?

Hi Pamster

Thanks for reaching out. Yeah the pill coating, I insert one vaginally and I can see bits of the coating in the toilet.

Another approach to a patch is to consider finding a compounding pharmacy.

This source seemed informative, but looks to be a US company.  Perhaps you can find a pharmacy that can mix a few formulations for you.  https://www.harborcompounding.com/uses-and-benefits-of-compounded-progesterone

I don't use a patch.

I spoke to a lady who became incapacitated after tapering from 13mg to 11mg progesterone cream, is it really that bad to taper off from.

We used to message each other and once she went from 13mg to 11mg she was too unwell to message me.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]