Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Just trying to figure things out.

[Fr...]

A friend introduced me to this site and it got me to thinking...about my own anxiety and trouble sleeping.  I'm trying to understand whether my anxiety and trouble sleeping is related to my use years ago of Clonazepan.  The was prescribed because I was suffering from depression and anxiety when my husband left me.  This was about 15 years ago.  I still have anxiety and a trouble sleeping. 

Hello FreedomFighter25, Welcome to BenzoBuddies! We are glad you are here!

Are you still taking Clonazepan now or has it been 15 years since you took it? If you are still taking it, I would say that it certainly could cause anxiety and sleep issues. Most benzos will have those kinds of effects. I take Xanax and that has been a major side effect of the drug for me in the long term. I took it for 14 years before starting my taper in December. I am still tapering and I definitely have those side effects.

I will post a couple of links for you that you may find helpful. The first is for the Withdrawal Support board. That is a very helpful place to ask questions and get answers from other members who are going through various effects from benzos and similar drugs. 

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

I'll also post the link for the Anxiety board.

Anxiety

Feel free to check out any of the other boards that seem helpful to you. You might also consider putting up a signature. That is where you can post what you have been taking and where you are in your taper. You can take a look at mine below to get an idea.

Add your history/signature

Again, welcome! We are glad you are here with us!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]