Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Up Down and All Around Town

[Ga...]

Now at the 6 month and one week mark off from my taper off 5 mg of Valium, in looking back it seems that my first three months were a lot better with more windows, month four horrific, fifth month a little better, and now into the sixth month more waves with constant headaches.  I know I am considered early in the game, but is it somewhat “normal” to have more symptoms the farther out one gets?  Thanks and may your day be filled with hope and happiness :smitten::yippee:

Hello,

I’m exactly at the 6 month mark and have the same symptoms plus a few more.  It’s a good thing I found out the realistic timeline for healing which seems to be on average 18 months to 2 years before you turn the corner.  I would have foolishly thought I should be healed by now, but that’s obviously not happening. 

Thanks,

BBmem2

Hello Gardenguru

I would not worry too much. It's quite normal to have a worsening before a bettering. That has happened to me where month 7 and 8 were worse than the preceding months...

SG

Thanks for the replies.  I am definitely in for the long haul and so appreciate the good windows when they open.  I believe the most confusing thing for me to understand is:  how can you have a headache/pain for four days straight, then have it disappear for five days?????  I mean, what is going on to bring on the hide and seek pattern?  Acceptance is the name of the game, but, it sure is hard at times when you just feel rotten :smitten: : :'( :'(

Everyone is different, but it is known for ppl to have a great window early on only to have get hit hard at later months. We don't know a lot about the healing process except that its hard to predict.

I too felt pretty good a few months ago...last month def gave me some challenges. This is now month 8 - so I get it:) Focusing on those success stories on the hard days!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]