Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Mrk-001

[Mr...]

Hi, I'm new to this. Had Xanax .05 prescribed once daily, at night for sleep after an accident this past June. Doctor says it's such a small dose, but now I'm stuck on it and I want off. Interested in tapering. I've tried breaking it in half, doesn't work. Would appreciate any suggestions on the best way to go about tapering off this, thank you!

Hello Mrk-001, welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I don't think any dose of benzodiazepines is a small and that goes for Xanax too, it's a powerful drug.  I'm not surprised your body has developed a dependence, I've seen it happen in as little as 10 days.  A 50% cut is more than we recommend, we typically suggest reducing by about 5-10% every week or two depending on your symptoms, it's important to do your best to minimize them so you can remain functional.

I'll give you some links to our taper board, plus withdrawal support so you can talk to others going through this.

Planning your taper (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

We're happy you found us, please let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

Thank you for the welcome. After looking at the various tapering methods, the titration method appeals to me. I'm willing to invest in the equipment necessary, and I'll make the time to do it. I need details on preparation. My details are .05 Xanax daily before bed. I would like to taper slow, maybe like .001 or .002 every couple weeks in order to avoid as much as possible the withdrawal symptoms. The substitution taper appeals a little to me as I was prescribed this stuff for sleep, but really the quickest and most efficient way is what I'm interested in. Thank you again!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [BN...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [ho...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]