Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What worked for me

[mi...]

The keyword for the improvement in my case is ACCEPTANCE. I hear many people here talking about hope. Screw hope !! Hope can only disappoint. For as long as I was relying on hope alone I was getting worse and worse. Noticing every symptom, worrying about bad days and worse days (no good days two years ago), just hoping that the next day I was going to feel better. Just to get disappointed and more scared every day.

Then one day I realized that even though my life seemed terrible at the moment it was the only life I had. So I had to live it regardless of the quality. Since I didn’t want to end it I had to live it. And I started living it. I went back to the gym, I took a trip here and there, I started working again as much as I could (thankfully I have my own business and I can chose when and how much I work).

Working out was the other thing that helped. There were days when I felt so dizzy I could barely walk – I still worked out, three hours of sleep at night – still worked out, nauseous – went to do crossfit. Many days I felt I couldn’t even get out of bed but I did. And once I did I went to do crossfit. I worked myself out to exhaustion. And I did that only because I accepted that this was my life and it was the only one I had. And every time I worked out I felt better. Not by much, but I felt a bit better.

And things started improving for me. I started my taper again in October 2019 (second try), jumped Feb 2020. I feel 95% healed. But I still work out religiously and every time after a workout I feel better. I meditate almost every day as I realized that meditating will keep me on the path of acceptance. You can always have a goal in mind and hope to achieve it but you should be ready to accept any outcome. Those two are not mutually exclusive. 

For some time now I wanted to write this post, share my experience and give people ideas how to tackle this problem that all of us at this forum are / were facing. I don’t want to put it under Success Stories as I don’t see myself there yet. One day, maybe. For now I feel that the battle is not over.

Thanks for writing about your experience milosNY,  I saw another post this week about acceptance and agree with you that it's a powerful tool. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bh...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [...]
    • [Al...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [Ni...]